Chapter 35: This Is War

Kouen's POV

I sent some of my workers to search for (y/n) and her friends. It won't be long till Hakuryuu and Judar discover that they've left the building.

I pondered for a plan to get them back. My workers didn't find them ever since they have escaped. Maybe they managed to stumble upon Sinbad...

Even if they did, I'll still capture them. Those people may know the routes to where Sinbad gets his supplies. But for the meantime, I have to think of an excuse about (y/n) and her friends' disappearances. Something that will convince Hakuryuu and the others...

Hakuryuu's POV

We arrived at the place told by Kougyoku. The hospital was quite big so we had to split up. I was with Judar and Kougyoku. We climbed to the second floor with our guards up. The place was filled with corpses and blood, the stench of rotting bodies made me want to puke.

"How long till we find the medical supplies? It stinks in here ya know?" Judar complained.

"Shut up Judar, you're gonna attract the zombies," I silenced him. He looked away while mumbling some words that I can't make out of.

While we were walking, there was a cracking sound. We all raised our weapons and observed our surroundings.

Silence.

I didn't lower my weapon. I have to stay focused.

"I think something just fell down," Judar lowered his gun and so did Kougyoku. They made a big mistake in letting their guards down.

Out of nowhere, a group of infected people showed up and ran straight for us. I quickly shot down the ones in front while Judar and Kougyoku joined in. There were lots of infected and some of them looked like the workers that were with us.

"Aren't those our crew?" Kougyoku asked.

"I guess they got attacked by a whole village of zombies," Judar replied. We kept firing until we almost ran out of bullets. Meanwhile, the zombies looked like they're not even lessening.

"Why are there so many of them?!" Judar said, he already ran out of bullets to fire.

"I don't know, but we have to run," I stopped firing and scanned for an exit. The stairs we used were blocked by the zombies so the only route we can take is the corridor.

"C'mon!" I ran to the corridors. Kougyoku and Judar trailed behind me. While running, I searched for a room to hide. There were a series of doors with different numbers. I quickly opened one but it was locked. We proceeded to the next room but it was also locked.

"Why the fuck are the rooms all locked?!" Judar cursed. The zombies were still behind us and they're approaching quickly. There was one more door that I hadn't opened yet. I approached it and quickly twisted the door knob.

The door finally opened and we quickly went inside. Judar closed the door shut as I leaned on the wall, regaining my composure. There were loud growls and scratching coming behind the door. I just hope that the door won't break easily or else it's game over for us.

"So, what now?" Kougyoku asked while loading a new bunch of bullets to her gun. I looked around, the room was filled with boxes and laboratory apparatus. There was no exit.

I noticed that the scratching and growling started to lower. Maybe if we wait long enough for the infected to go away we can escape.

"We're gonna have to stay here for a bit..." There was a look of disbelief plastered in their faces.

"I'm sorry, what?" Kougyoku asked.

"I said-"

"Why do we have to stay longer in this shitty hospital?" Judar cut me off.

"Because we have no choice... there's no other exit in this room so we'll just have to wait it out."

"And how long exactly?" Kougyoku butted - in.

"If the growling and scratching starts to subside then we'll quickly make a run for it." It took them a moment to agree to my plan. But Kougyoku and Judar nodded and we waited silently. After 6 minutes, the sounds behind the door disappeared.

I stood up from the floor and slowly opened the door. The corridors were empty. But as I looked closely, there were still some infected blocking the stairs that connects the 2nd and ground floor.

"Crap," I muttered and closed the door again.

"So? Is it good?" Judar and Kougyoku stared at me, waiting for an answer.

"There's still some zombies blocking the stairs, but the other areas were empty so I guess we could make a run for it."

I opened the door again and tiptoed out of the room. I signalled Kougyoku and she followed along with Judar. We walked slowly and silently to the empty corridors of the hospital. While we were walking forward the lights seemed to decrease.

I stopped walking when I saw a staircase leading above the 3rd floor and below to the ground floor. We hurriedly ran down and headed to the exit. But as we got out of the hospital, the vehicle we were supposed to ride on was gone.

"Where is the vehicle?!" Kougyoku started freaking out.

"I knew those workers were a bunch of traitors..." Judar said.

"No, they're not gonna take off without us. If so, then we all know that Kouen will punish them. Someone else must've stolen it," my ears twitched when I heard a loud growl. The hospital windows were being broken by the infected. Some had managed to get out of the building. A few zombies went out of the door. We fired until they were down.

"We have to go back to the stronghold!" I ordered. I ran out of bullets and now we don't have a ride back to the building. And what's worse, zombies are trying to chase us and we failed Kouen's mission.

(Y/n)'s POV

I busily observed the pictures of Amira and her family. They all looked happy in the picture.

I wonder if my parents are okay...

Morgiana and the others were at the living room, watching television. It's a miracle that they hadn't thought of cutting down the electricity. I took out a book from the wooden shelf and observed it's cover.

The book was entitled "Dealing with Zombies". I opened the first page then switched it to the next. The book had pictures, nicely made pictures. It really does show on what to do when there's a zombie apocalypse. But some weren't really helpful. There was another book that I found, it was also about zombies but I didn't read it yet.

I wonder why Amira has these books...

-----------------------------

AAAAANNNNNDDDDD AUTHOR'S BACK! *gets slapped*

After my VERY looooooong hiatus I finally published another chapter. I'm really sorry if you thought that I abandoned this book. I'm not gonna abandon it just yet cause I still have some plans on what to write.