Chapter 37: Moving

(Y/n)'s POV

Morgiana turned to me with a confused expression, "What's that (y/n)?"

"It's a journal I found at Amira's shelves. I know this might sound crazy but I think this book contains all the answers of why there are infected humans," I opened the first page and showed the contents to her.

Morgiana scanned the book and suddenly closed it.

"Maybe it is, we gotta go to Sinbad and tell them about this!"

"Yeah, but how? We don't even have a vehicle to ride..." I said.

"Then were going to search for one..." she walked back to the house.

"Wait!" I blocked her, "Shouldn't we think of a plan first? We can't just go to the city, wondering for cars."

"You're right... that's why we have to plan now," she handed the book back and walked to the door.

I sighed and followed her behind.

"Amira, is it alright if we take the food remaining in the house?" Morgiana asked as she took out an empty bag.

"Uhm okay... but why?"

"We're going to find Sinbad." I answered for Morgiana.

"Really?! Right now?" Aladdin questioned.

"No, not yet, we still have to plan our leave, right Morgiana?" I turned to the red - haired girl.

"Yes..." she didn't bother to spare a glance at us and just kept packing up. I wonder why she's in a hurry.

"So what's the plan?" Amira asked.

"Uhhh, we're going to find a vehicle to find Sinbad. We also need to search for weapons so we can protect ourselves. So basically, we're going to roam the city while staying completely hidden from Kouen and the infected." I explained, hoping they would catch up.

"But how are we gonna do that?" Aladdin questioned.

'He's right. How are we going to do it?'

"We can just avoid some certain places which Kouen owns... and we could attack the infected with our weapons." Morgiana butts - in.

"I'm going to agree with your first plan but I'm not sure about the second... you see, we have two young people here and we have weapons that cause too much noises. And I don't think our guns would last longer since we're running out of bullets. To sum it up, we have to get a less noisier weapon and teach them to protect themselves," I pointed at Amira and Aladdin, who were listening to our conversation.

There was a short pause.

"I think I might have some weapons here!" Amira raised her hand.

"Really where?" I asked.

"Follow me," she walked to the kitchen as we trailed along. Amira opens a drawer, revealing different kitchen knives with all sorts of sizes.

"Mom taught me how to handke these, I can teach Aladdin to protect himself," she picks up a small knife and gives it to me.

"Ok, but where did you get all of these Amira?" I stared at the bunch of knives.

"My mom's a chef." she shrugged.

"Alright, now our only problem is getting to Sinbad," Morgiana came in and took some knives. She brought with her two sticks, wait, where did she get that stick?

"Why do you have that miss Morgiana?" Aladdin pointed at the stick she was holding.

"You'll see..." she exited the kitchen while bringing the knives she took.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Amira dug through another drawer and took out a baseball bat, "We can also use this!"

"Great job Amira, you can use that to defend yourself!" I praised her. Although, it felt weird to praise a little girl for finding a weapon to kill a person. Or more like an infected person.

We went back to the living room and spotted Morgiana wrapping a rope around the knife.

"Cool! Are you making spears miss Morgiana?" Aladdin watched as she tied the rope.

"Yeah, you can use this..." she picks up a long stick wrapped with a knife. Aladdin gladly accepted it and his blue eyes observed the structure of the weapon.

"Here (y/n)," she handed the spear she just made. I took it and gazed at the bag beside her.

'She's really fast at packing.'

"C'mon Amira and Aladdin, let's go pack our stuff." I called for the two children. We went upstairs to get some clothes and other things. As we finished packing, we readied our things at the couch and started planning.

"So we're going to find a car in this area for now, but if we can't find one then we'll have to go back here. Then, well continue our search tomorrow," I stopped speaking for a moment to glance at them, "Do you understand?"

"Yes!" they said in unison.

"Good, we'll only need a few things cause we won't be going too far. So just bring the essential things like food and a flashlight." I picked up the bag I just finished packing and headed to the door. The others followed along.

Hakuryuu's POV

We kept walking under the scorching sun. It was getting awfully hot today and our energy was slowly draining up. I found a nearby tree with enough shade for the three of us so I thought it would be a good time to let them rest for a bit.

"Hey guys, let's go there. It's getting hotter in here," I pointed at the tree. The three of us walked there and I sat down near the branch of the tree. I hope somebody is looking for us...

I took out my phone to tell Kouen about our condition but unfortunately my phone just died.

"Cr*p..." I mumbled under my breath. I shoved my phone back into my pocket and looked at the two.

"Did any of you bring your phones?"

"Nope, I forgot mine..." Kougyoku said.

"Same!" Judar added.

I sighed and looked around. There were no signs of a city yet. How far did we go anyway? I opened up a bottle of water and drank a quarter of its contents. As I secured the bottle, a loud growl rang in my ears.

'Sh*t, more infected.'

"Uhm, g-guys we have a big problem," Kougyoku's face look pale. She pointed at the road, a few meters from us were a group of infected. But it's not just a group, they got a leader.

"The f*ck, why is there a big one coming towards us?!" Judar got his gun and pointed it towards the infected.

"No, don't use your guns. We can't defeat them all, we have to run away from them as far as possible right now!"