Chapter 30: Finally Found You

Kouen's POV

Sinbad had described the people he had been looking for.

I was certain that the (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes belong to (y/n). And the others were from her friends.

'We're they part of his crew?'

I stood silent for a moment, thinking if I should say yes or no.

"Why are you looking for this people?" I asked one more time.

"Because they happen to be my friends and my crew. Why?"

I knew that he'll ask.

"Nothing, it's sad to say that I haven't seen any of them in my territory." I lied.

"Oh. . ." Sinbad dipped his head down, "Thank you for your cooperation, now we must go."

Before he could walk away he turned his head to me, "And if you happen to see them please inform me right away."

I nod, his crew went in the car and drove away. When they're out of sight I glanced at my siblings. The look of betrayal was written all over their faces. I walked away and into the entrance of the building, "Everyone! Return to your jobs."

I can hear loud footsteps behind me as I walked farther away. I'm going to have a talk with that (y/n) and her friends.

(Y/n)'s POV

I was far away from the area where the light once was. But I can hear the chains even more as I walked further. Well, let's just hope I don't get lost.

I can see a bunch of boxes stacked together and there was a little light passing through the spaces of the boxes. I tiptoed my way to the light and what I saw had given me the biggest shock of my life.

There were large cages of infected humans, most of them were already struggling to move due to the lack of space. There's more, some of them were still being turned into zombies. I can see a man who's screaming in agony and a woman who still has the natural colour of her eyes.

But what shocked me the most was a lone cage. It wasn't that big as the other ones, but it was placed right in the middle for everyone to see. Inside the cage was a single zombie who looked very hungry.

And that zombie happened to be Chie.

I almost dropped my flashlight when I saw her appearance. Her skin wasn't as healthy as before, it was gray-ish. Her veins were starting to show, giving her skin a purplish root. Her clothes had blood in it, but it was dried. And her eyes weren't lively anymore. It was pure white.

My legs started to move to her. All this time my best friend was right here in this building.

She was reaching up her hand, like she wants to hug me. I stared at her with teary eyes.

"C-Chie. . ." I wanted to touch her. But I know she won't be able to recognize me anymore.

She didn't try to attack me like how feral zombies would, she just stared at me. Tears flowed freely down my cheeks as I neared her.

"I missed you." I said between my sobbing.

She replied with a low growl, it made me cry even more. Her sweet voice was replaced with a hoarse one. I can never hear her speak ever again. My legs started to give up. Soon I found myself kneeling in front of her, I'm such a mess right now. I don't even know how to feel.

??? POV

Judar instructed me to roam the abandoned parking lot, I don't know why he made me do it but I didn't like it. The place is infested with zombies. Who knows? Maybe some of them got out of their cages.