Chapter 33: Hiding

(Y/n)'s POV

We kept running as fast as we could away from Kou's territory. My lungs were struggling to get air and my legs felt a bit tired. The sun had set and the sky turned dark. To make things worse, we don't have anything to eat.

"Oh no. . ." I stopped running and panted from exhaustion. I know that many zombies are roaming around the streets on night.

"We need to find someplace to stay." I regained my breath after relaxing myself a bit.

"But where? If we stay into one of Kouen's territory they'll find us for sure." Morgiana said. She is right, but if we keep running we might stumble into a bunch of zombies.

"I know where we can stay!" Amira raised her hand, "But it's going to be a little far."

"Where is it Amira?"

She looked unsure for a moment, "I'm not sure if it's safe though. . ."

"Why Amira?"

"Because maybe a bunch of zombies invaded it."

"If it's far away from Kouen's territory then it's ok. Me and Morgiana can fight those zombies anyway."

"Alright then, keep going forward." Amira pointed. I held her hand to make sure she doesn't get separated with us.

We kept on walking despite our energy getting low. Aladdin was getting hungry so we had to find some food first. There was a small market that I have seen before. If the doors were nailed with plywood then we must be still in Kouen's territory.

Yep, just as I had expected. The door of the market was nailed with wooden boards. But I can't just let Aladdin go hungry. I searched for something to break the wood. There was only a flower pot filled with snow.

I picked it and threw it on the wood. The flower pot didn't do much damage to the wood. It only did had a few scratches. I sighed and looked for another thing to throw.

I jolted in surprise when I heard a loud crack. Morgiana kicked the door away in a single move. We stood there with our mouths hanging open.

"If you wanted to break something, you should've just asked me." Morgiana wiped the dust off her clothes.

The market was pitch black so I used the flashlight that I had on my pocket. It was small and convenient given to me by Hakuryuu. The shelves were almost empty and everything was messed up. Cockroaches already infested the place and moulds were starting to grow on the walls.

"I found some food here!" Amira brought up a basket filled with numerous kinds of foods.

"I also found some water." Aladdin pointed at a box of water bottles.

"Great job guys!" I praised them. We took the whole basket of food because we found no plastic bag and took some water bottles. I grabbed a pack of battery for my flashlight. The basket got quite heavy to carry so I had to ask Amira and Aladdin for assistance.

"I can carry it on my own, you know?" Morgiana insisted.

"You did quite enough Morg. We can handle this."

I looked outside. The wind calmed down a bit but the ground was getting filled with more snow.

"Should we be going now?" Morgiana asked.

"Yeah I guess so. C'mon Amira, where to next?" I turned my attention to Amira.

"Well, we are almost near. We just have to take two rights and 4 turns." I peeked my head outside to see if there are any zombies or terrorists. The place was free from zombies and people.