Chapter 6: Amira

(Y/n)'s POV

My eyes fluttered awake. I rose from the cold floor as I noticed the weak rays of light behind the large curtains that were placed on the window. I glanced at Chie then at Morgiana. Morgiana was gone from her small bed. 'She must've woken up early.' I stood up, ignoring the light snoring of Chie.

I searched for Alibaba and Sinbad. They still might be sleeping. A sudden clank caused me to shift my head to the side. 'Dang! I forgot my katana.'

I placed my hands in a combat position and slowly walked towards a door.

"Who's there?" I tried to say it in a threatening manner but it kind of turned out to be a trembling manner.

A loud groan was heard, causing me to jolt a bit in surprise. It wasn't one of those zombies. I quickly opened the door, Sinbad was rubbing his head in pain and a surprised Alibaba stared at him.

"Why'd you hit me?!" the purplette fake cried.

"You scared the heck out of me!" the tangerine eyed boy retorted.

"Eh?" I slanted my head in confusion. They didn't notice me and kept arguing I felt awkward in the corner so I slowly closed the door and walked back to the counter.

Chie was already awake with Morgiana. The pinkette rushed to me and gave a bone crushing hug. "(Y/n) I thought you left us!" she cried like a 5-year old who lost her candy.

"W-what? I would n-never d-do that... a-also, I can't b-breathe!" she realized that she was almost killing her own friend so she lets go of me. I inhaled deeply, letting the air flow to my lungs again.

"Hehe, sorry about that." she sheepishly smiled.

A few seconds later, Sinbad and Alibaba both walked to the counter. The gold eyed male had a bandage wrapped around his head as he continued rubbing it to soothe the pain.

"Oh! You're all awake. So when are we going out?" Chie took a glance at the door.

"Right now." Sinbad started packing up.

"Really? We didn't even eat yet." Alibaba whimpered.

"Fine... but don't cook too many, we'll need those for the journey." he pointed to the cans of food.

"Ok."

"So (Y/n) is going to do the cooking again." Chie pushed me away from the crowd.

1 minute after, I have accomplished in opening the can of meat loaf. It's kind of weird that this store had a stove and other kitchen appliances. I placed the meat unto the pan and opened the stove, letting a small fire heat the pan. 5 minutes later, the meat loaf was cooked. I turned down the stove and placed the meat unto a platter and walked back to where Chie and the others are.

"So hungry!" Chie complained. I rolled my eyes and placed the meat loaf unto the counter.

"Took me a minute to open that because I couldn't find a can opener." I wiped the sweat in my forehead.

"Alright! Let's dig in." Alibaba took a slice and started eating, the others followed.

We finished eating the meat loaf. Me and the others prepared to pack our things. I prepared my katana and my bag filled with 2 sodas and some chips, it's so unhealthy.

"Is everyone all set?" Sinbad appeared, holding the bag loaded with guns. We all nodded and stood up. Sinbad, followed by Alibaba walked to the door. The blonde took a peek behind the cloth that covered the door.

Alibaba's POV

I examined the roads carefully. There were no infected passing by.

"Road is clear." I stood up.