Chapter 2: Sudden Events

(Y/n)'s POV

Me and Chie reached the Art Class and I was panting heavily from all the running. 'Why is the Art Class so far?!' I groaned mentally as I wiped off the sweat forming in my forehead. Chie is always the excited one when it comes to Arts. She always dreamed about being an artist and I always supported her. But I, on the other hand, I'm a horrible artist! I can't even draw an eye. But that doesn't stop Chie from supporting me and helping me improve my drawing skills, which is still in progress.

"Hey (Y/n), did you prepare yourself?" Chie questioned. I rose my brows in confusion as I tried finding the answer of what she meant. But to no avail I gave up, "What do you mean?"

"Wait, I thought you prepared yourself." Chie's statement made me confused even more.

"Huh?"

"We're having a recitation today." She said monotonously. My eyes widened. 'It's today?!'

I could almost faint but because of the amount of students I can't make such a scene. I placed my things down and slumped to my seat. Then I placed my head against the table and started banging it a little. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked as I continued banging my head.

Chie sweatdropped, "I thought you knew about it. Since your attentive and all."

I sulked even more from my seat, "I'm going to fail..."

"No you won't!" Chie said with determination.

"Yes. I. Will." I said in between banging my head.

Soon, the teacher came. And the rest of the students also did. 'This is it. I'm going to die without even getting a proper grave and a proper funeral.'

"Okay students, so as you all know we are going to have a recitation. I'll be starting with the boys, and its not in alphabetical order. Make sure your prepared." Miss Jazmine sat down and pulled out her clipboard. I could feel the tension rise in the class and everyone seemed to be stressed.

"Sir Hajjar, please stand up and come to the centre." An azure haired male stood up nervously and walked towards the centre of the room. I sat there nervously as I watched Miss Jazmine asked him with such difficult questions. I hope the bell would ring soon. I felt a tug in my sleeve I turned my head to that person and my eyes met a pair of distinct blue eyes.

"Yes Hakuryuu?" I kept my voice low.

"When did Miss Jazmine inform us about a recitation?"

I tried recalling the past events of when Miss Jazmine told us about the recitation. But, because I'm a forgetful student my memories were a blur.

"I don't know either Hakuryuu."

"Don't tell me you-" his statement was cut off by a loud wallop. We both faced in front quickly and both of our eyes met the fiery eyes of Miss Jazmine.

"Sir Ren Hakuryuu and Miss (L/n) (F/n) would you like to say something in the class?" She asked austerely.

Fear and nervousness went down my spine. This isn't the first time I got scolded by Miss Jazmine. Her punishments are way too scary for anyone to bare.

"N-no Miss Jazmine. We don't." Hakuryuu stuttered. The strict redhead glared at the both of us and turned her attention to the student in front. A flood of relief washed over me. We both stopped talking because of fear that we might get caught again. Time passed by, the boys are almost running out and soon females will be next to be tortured.

I glanced at the wall clock. Only 10 minutes left before the next subject. I softly tapped my cold fingers to the table. Because of my nervousness I've been shivering in cold and what made it worse was because of the air conditioner.