Chapter 7: Sinbad's Company

(Y/n)'s POV

We drove through the road with an ear piercing silence. The surroundings were mostly filled with smoke, fire and those zombies. But I could still see some people running for their lives. We couldn't get to let them ride with us because of how loaded the car is.

"How much more do we have to wait?" I broke the silence.

"Not long, in fact we're almost there." Sinbad looked over the window then smiled. I smiled at him then continued to stare at the window. Wonder what Sinbad's company looks like... after a few moments the car stopped. I looked at Ja'far, confused of why the car stopped.

"Ja'far, why did the car stop?" Sinbad questioned, I was supposed to question him that but nevermind.

"The gas ran out." he looked at Sinbad then at the stearing wheel.

"What are we gonna do?" Chie started to panic.

"There's a gas station nearby, I'll go get some." Alibaba volunteered.

"No, it's not safe to go alone. I'll go too." Ja'far opened the door, Alibaba did the same.

"Be safe guys!" I tilted my head to the two males and they nodded.

We were left alone with Sinbad as the only male. I kept myself distracted by watching the surroundings if any of those things are coming.

Ja'far's POV

Me and Alibaba walked cautiously. I narrowed my eyes as I observed every movement of the bushes and the surrounding. The loud crisp of fire echoed the empty road. Something is bothering me.

As I stepped my foot forward the bushes suddenly began to move. Alibaba and I prepared for combat and waited for our opponent to show. The bushes stopped moving and the opponent's silhouette revealed. It's... a bunny? The creature sniffed the air as it fled, I sighed and we both continued walking.

"We're almost there." Alibaba articulated.

I could see the gas station but something got me frozen in my tracks. An infected is mauling a child. The child screamed helplessly as the thing slashed it's nails unto the child's flesh. It almost made me want to puke in disgust. Once the thing was finished he got up and decided to look for another prey to attack.

"Ja'far-san!" Alibaba yell whispered. (Lol, is that a word?)

I tilted my head to Alibaba only to see him hiding behind the bushes. He beckoned me to hide and I did so. We stared at the lone infected as it roams the gas station. A minute had passed and the infected seemed to have caught another prey to attack. He ran to another direction. I slowly got up and scanned the surroundings to see if it's safe.

Once I finished, I motioned Alibaba to continue walking again. We have reached the gas station, a car was parked and there was a mini mart beside the gas station. 'Wonder if an infected is in there...'

We walked silently, when we neared a shelf filled with gasoline containers we didn't hesitate to take 3 of them. Both of us fastened our walking to return soon to the car.

(Y/n)'s POV

It's been a minute, Alibaba and Ja'far haven't returned yet. 'I hope they're safe.' I kept glancing at the window to see if they're here. My worry was somehow uplifted, a warm hand was placed unto my shoulder. I looked at the person and my (e/c) eyes met a pair of golden orbs.

"Don't worry (Y/n), I know Ja'far and Alibaba will make it." Sinbad flashed a smile.

"I hope so..." I said, a bit anxious.