Chapter One

POV Christine

I got out of my dad's car and looked around. Moving was something I never expected or even wanted but I it had to be done. The house we stopped in front of was pretty big and looked spacious which was good although I knew I was going to miss my old home. Packing up all my stuff and moving to a new place was hard, I had friends, and my teachers were actually pretty great so this was going to be hard. My dad and I started unpacking as my mom went out to go look for a job at the local high school were I would be going tomorrow.

The day seemed to pass by pretty slowly and unpacking felt like it took hours but eventually I finished and arranged my room to my liking. When it was time for dinner I walked downstairs and we ate pizza since there was really no time to cook. I sat at the table with my mom and dad and grabbed two slices of pepperoni pizza and placed them on my plate. We all talked and I told them how I was pretty scared about starting a whole new school. It was going to be the start of my junior year so leaving half way through was scary.

After we all ate and talked I walked back up to my room, put on my pajamas and closed my eyes as soon as my head hit the pillow. My alarm clock woke me up the next morning and I knew it was time to get ready for my first day of junior year. As I got ready all I could think about was how badly this day was going to go. I was going to be labeled as the new girl with no friends. I brushed my long, straight brown hair and then pulled it back into a high ponytail and then put on some light makeup. As soon as that was done I opened my closet and looked for something decent to wear. After what felt like an hour I finally found a blue floral dress and some white flats that fit perfectly with the dress. When I was finally ready I put some school supplies into my bookbag and walked downstairs.

By the time I had arrived downstairs my dad had already been at the dinning table looking for job listings in the paper and my mom had gotten the job at my school teaching Theater which happened to be one of my favorite subjects. Before leaving I kissed my dad on the cheek and grabbed a slice of toast. The drive to the school was pretty short so we got in less than ten minutes. As soon as we parked I got out of the car and parted ways with my mom. As much as I loved my mom I didn't want her to do something embarrassing like kiss my forehead and leave a mark for all to mock as I walk down the hallway.

The first thing I was did was walk to the office to pick up my schedule and locker assignment. I grabbed both sheets of paper and walked to my locker. When I got there I saw a girl standing next to my locker putting stuff into hers. The girl was wearing a red and black cheer-leading uniform and her long blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail like all the other cheerleaders I saw walking down the halls. I punched in my combination and the empty locker opening. At that moment so many decorating ideas came to mind but the would come later. My train of thought was interrupted when the cheerleader next to me started speaking to me.
"I've never seen you around before, you must be new." The girl said as she looked at me. When she spoke I looked at her studying her gorgeous features. Big blue eyes, a small nose, and full lips. The girl also had a short and thin stature. I looked down nervously.
"Yeah I'm new. My name is Christine." I sad still looking down.
"I'm Emily, you know you can look at me, I don't bite or anything." Emily said slightly giggling. I looked up at her and she gave me a warm smile.
"So Christine what's your class schedule?" Emily asked as she looked over at my paper. "English, Algebra, Chemistry, PE, American History, and Theater. Wow, you're a theater kid?" Emily asked sounding a bit snarky.
"Um, yeah I am." I said as she raised her eyebrow at me.
"Okay then, it seems like we only have History together but I know where your English class is so I'll take you." she said as she closed her locker and started to walk me over to the class.