Chapter Thirty Eight

POV Christine

I stood by Paul as we watched Joe and Samantha. I smiled but my heart was breaking. I thought I was finally going to be happy with Paul but I had to make a sacrifice for my daughter. 
"Even if I end up with Joe, I will always love you Paul." I said.
"I know, and I will always love you too. But this is for Joe and Sam, he adores her and she loves him."Paul said as I looked down. 
"Yeah..." 
"Have you started teaching lessons?" Paul asked. I smiled softly and nodded. 
"I have two vocal students but I am thinking of renting out a studio so I can have more but that requires me moving to New York, Emily and John are coming with me and he left the house to Sherrie and Sophie. They might stay here but aren't sure yet."
"That sounds amazing." Paul said as he smiled at me. He leaned in a kissed my cheek and I blushed. 
"I'm going to talk to Emily and David, I'll see you later." Paul said as he kissed my hand and walked away. 
I looked over at Samantha who was still playing with Joe. I made my way over to her with a smile. I couldn't believe she was ten years old already. 
"Guess what?" I said looking at her. 
"What Mommy?" 
"We're moving to New York with Aunt Emily and Uncle John. That means we will be closer to Daniel and Aunt Sunshine." I said as Samantha started to smile. 
"Any room for me? I still have that home in Newport."
"It needs to be in the city so I can rent out a studio and teach lessons, you can stay with us but I still need some time before I let you stay." 
Joe grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes. "I still love you and I am so sorry for what I did on our wedding day, it was stupid and wrong and I swear I am not like that anymore."
"I just need a little more time, that's all I am asking for, but thank you for being such a good father to Sam and loving her so much." 
I looked over at Samantha who was playing with Daniel and Emily. The bond she had with Emily was also a wonderful thing. Emily was there through my whole pregnancy and Samantha's whole life. I was glad Samantha had amazing women to look up to. 

POV Steven 

I walked into the backyard and made sure no one was looking while I took out a small bag of white powder. This was the shit that got me arrested years ago and I didn't even care that I was going back to it. I waited for Joe to appear and when he did he looked me in the eye. 
"No one can find out about this." Joe said. I nodded and cut it into two thin lines. We both breathed it in through our nose and then took deep breaths. 
"It's been too long." I said swinging my arm around Joe. 
"Maybe when I'm high as hell I won't be so angry with you." I said as Joe laughed. 
I had been back on cocaine for a few weeks, the pain I was in was too immense for just some marijuana. How can one woman be the cause of so much pain. Not having Sophie in my life was slowly killing me but I knew I would never get her back. I had been in a relationship with Sherrie for a few years now and Sophie was in a relationship with David, a serious one. Watching her with David is what really got to me. Sometimes the pain was so deep I thought I would suffocate but the cocaine worked like a charm to keep me going and not pull me into a crumbling depression. I still had drums to play. I had to be functioning at all times and not thinking about the woman who had a hold on me. 
"What the hell are you two doing?" Emily asked with anger in her eyes. 
"Do you really think that Christine will be happy if she finds out about this, or Sherrie for that matter? This is how you lost Sophie and you are going to go back to the thing that made you lose her in the first place? What the fuck happened to you two to make you go down such a dark path?" 
"We aren't the same guys we used to be in high school Emily." Joe said looking down.
"You need to stop and really think about what you are doing? If Christine and Sherrie found out you may lose them for good. And Joe, don't forget you have a daughter that could find out." 
"Emily I don't think you get it. Yeah, I'm with Sherrie but you don't know what it's like to live without the love of your life, you are about to marry yours, you have no idea what I'm going through or Joe." I said looking down. 
Emily turned away and started walking back towards the house. 
"I won't say anything because I don't want anyone to get hurt but you both better quit or not get caught cause if you do, you both may lose everything."

POV Emily

I walked into the house heart-broken by my discovery. I thought both of them were done with the drugs especially after spending three years in prison for the same exact drug they were doing just now. I swear if they do something to de-rail by wedding next week I was going to be extremely angry. Moments later when everyone was gathered together I watched as Sophie and David stood up. 
"David and I wanted to tell you all something. Since The Runaways are on a short three week break from the tour David and I decided. We'll be getting married in two weeks right before they go back on tour." Sophie said showing the ring that was bought by David. I looked over at Steven and Sherrie, both faces showed an immense amount of heart break. Within minutes, I saw them both walk upstairs and excuse themselves for the night. I sighed, I felt pity for them both. They were both still in love with the couple that was about to be wed but now there was nothing to do. I had a feeling David and Sophie weren't going to be as happy as they may have thought. After the party died down and most people either left of went to their rooms I sat in the backyard with John, Christine and Paul. We all missed out on the food so we took this time to eat. We all sat down and I watched as Christine rested her head on Paul's shoulder. 
"If you are hungry feel free to take some nibbles from my plate." Paul said noticing Christine didn't grab any food. 
"I'm alright." Christine said as Paul smiled at her. 
"You two are undeniably soulmates." I said. 
"We know." Paul said looking down. 
When the boys finished eating they put their plates aside and Paul put his arm around Christine. 
"I can't believe that next week your lovely sister will be my wife, Paul thank you for agreeing to be my best man." John said as he kissed my head.
"Anything for my little sister, I know how much this means to her." 
"We are all moving to New York to open up a music studio. We will be teaching vocal, and instrumental lessons together." I said. 
"We'll be closer to Sunshine and Daniel. That's good for Samantha. If Sophie and Sherrie decide to come with us we can always use this place as a vacation home. It's near the beach and perfectly cozy." Emily said. 
"Well David and Steven both have large apartments in the city. So do Joe and I." Paul said.
"What about the Newport house?" Christine asked. 
"He doesn't want to move in until you are ready to be there with him, he doesn't need that house all to himself, plus the apartment is already pretty big." Paul replied. 
"Zach and Ian also live in the city, Ian is mostly back home with Janet but when he's in the city he has his own place." John said. 
"I hope we can all be in New York together, can you imagine it?" I said daydreaming of shopping sprees and fun nights out. 
"I'm happy that you are doing this but I wish you would re-join the band." Paul said drinking his wine.
"I can't, at least not now. I'm raising my daughter while Joe is constantly on tour." Christine said. 
"At least promise you'll sing with them at my wedding." I said with a pleading voice. 
"Fine but only for you." Christine said laughing softly. 
"I found you girls a studio and once we are all settled and moved into the city you guys can start promoting your studio and decorating. We already have many instruments and plenty of different rooms, we even have a couple of dance rooms for Sherrie and Sophie to teach lessons if they decide to come with us." John said as Christine and I looked at each other with excitement. I had a feeling New York was going to be just the beginning of an exciting new chapter in our lives.