Chapter Eighteen

POV Christine

I woke up to a beautiful sunset overlooking Paris. I still couldn't believe I was in Paris. It had been a long year of ups and downs but I was ready to enjoy this week long vacation surrounded by some of the best people in my life.
"I've never seen something so beautiful." I said in my nightgown with a cup of coffee in my hands.
"I have." Joe said looking at me.
"I know I haven't said it to you before but I love you I do, I just wasn't ready to say it especially with everything that had been going on lately, you've been nothing but sweet and understanding and patient with me and I want you to know how much I appreciate that and you."
I felt Joe grab my hand and squeeze it softly. "You're rambling again, it's cute."
"Yeah, I do that a lot."
"You're my whole word." Joe whispered in my ear softly.
I looked up at him and felt grief and guilt strike me in the face. "You make me happy."
"That's my job."
"You do it well."
"I'm going to enjoy Paris, especially with my lady by my side." His eyes sparkled as the sun reflected on them. Joe did have a set of beautiful eyes.
"It's still pretty early, I'm going to sleep for a couple more minute." I said yawning.
"Me too." Joe said as he walked back to the bed with me. I laid down and cuddled into his arms where I fell asleep for a little while longer.

Hours later I was still in bed but wasn't sleeping. Joe was on top of me kissing me gently. I was kissing him back. My nightgown was coming off and I helped it remove it. I helped him remove his boxers once my nightgown was off. Joe sat up and placed me on top of him. The feeling of his hands running up and down my back sent me into a frenzy of pleasure. I wrapped my legs around his waist when I felt him slip inside. I threw my head back and bit my bottom lip. Kisses trailed along my neck and shoulders. I moaned as I felt a orgasm coming. I moaned out his name softly until I felt an explosion of pleasure from both me and Joe.

Minutes later, we were laying down catching our breath. Joe placed his hand on my cheek and smiled.
"How do you feel?" He whispered.
"Good."
I smiled continuing to lay in his arms. "I feel amazing actually." I whispered.
Joe kissed the top of my head and ran his hand up and down my back softly. "I'll make us some lunch soon."
"I have probably said this about a million times but being here is Paris is a dream."
I looked up at Joe as he looked down at me with a smile. "I'm glad you're happy babe."
"I can't wait to see what adventure Paris has in store for me." I said with a small giggle.
"An unforgettable one, for us both."
"Mmm Paris." I said as I looked out the window again with that gorgeous view of the Eiffel Tower.
"We can go there today or whenever you'd like."
"Sounds like a plan."
Joe looked down at me again as I looked up at him.
"I don't know what it is you've done to me but you sure as hell have done something ." Joe said with a big smile on his face. I continued to look at the view from the bed as my head laid on his chest.

That day we didn't visit the Eiffel Tower but we did explore some parts of Paris. We went to a small cafe and walked around the streets of Paris. When it started to get dark we made our way back to the large home and I hoped in the shower. After the shower we got in bed and I feel asleep right away. I had woken up in the middle of night and couldn't fall back asleep. I turned and looked over at Joe who was out cold. He was exhausted. I got out of bed and walked downstairs to the living room area and looked at the view from the glass wall. It wasn't until he spoke that I noticed he was there.
"Can't sleep?" Paul asked.
I shook my head.
"Guess what Emily did." Paul said.
"What?"
"Emily bought the place, she had enough money from performances and liked this place so much that she bought it, and not to mention probably had a little help from John who is filthy rich."
"I bet she's happy about that."
"I'll be happy if they end up together, he loves her to death and that's all I've ever wanted for my sister. Some who loves and respects her."
"I'm pretty sure they're going to get married eventually and have a lovely family."
"I've never seen her so happy in her entire life, he's made her smile more than I've ever seen."
"That's how you know it's real." I said.
As he talked about how Emily felt towards John it was plain to see that those were the same feelings I had towards Paul. Loving him was one of the most painful things I've ever gone through. When I talked about marriage and family all I could think of was me having that with Paul. I wondered if it would ever happen with Paul. I sat down on the couch next to him. There was a long silence between us. Neither one of us knew what to say at this point. There had been so much that happened to us in a matter of months. My mind took me back to the day I first met Paul and all the memories we shared. I smiled softly to myself and then looked over at Paul who was looking at me.
"No matter what happens I always want you to be a part of my life Paul."
Paul grabbed my hand softly. "Always."