Chapter Fourty Eight

POV Paul

When I woke up I took a shower and closed my eyes remembering the night I had with Christine. When I walked back into the bedroom I wrapped a towel around my waist and saw Christine peacefully sleeping. I covered her body and kissed her head as I walked into the kitchen to make coffee. When I made the coffee I grabbed a piece of bread and toasted it and took that and the coffee with me back into the bedroom. I kissed Christine's cheek and saw her start to open her eyes. I laid down beside her and looked at her. 
"Good morning beautiful." I said passing her my cup of coffee for her to take a sip.
Christine sat up and smiled as she took a sip of the coffee. Christine smiled and placed a hand on my cheek before pulling me towards her for a kiss. 
"I still can't believe after all these years you never stopped loving me." 
"I'd be crazy to ever stop loving you." 
"Ditto." Christine said as she kissed me again. 

Hours later we were at Emily and John's place with Steven and Sophie for another announcement.
"Everyone seems to already have kids or be pregnant....well you can add me to that list. Steven and I are having a baby." Sophie said with a smile. We all cheered and hugged them in the same way we did when we found out about David and Sherrie's pregnancy. Christine got up and hugged Sophie as did the others and I smiled and walked over to my brother. 
"You're gonna be a father, congrats man. Does this mean you are going to quit cocaine?" I asked silently as I looked over at him. Steven's expression washed over with fear and shock.
"You know?" 
"Of course I fucking know. You think I can't tell when my brother is fucked up?" I asked as I turned to face him angrily. 
"You need to take your ass to rehab just like Joe did, he's owning up to his actions and getting help and you should too before your child is born." I said as Emily came over and hugged Steven to congratulate him. Steven smiled softly as he looked down at Emily. "I'm so happy for you Steven. Now the only one here who hasn't had kids is you Paul." 
"If I'm lucky, after last night Christine may or may not be pregnant." 
"As much as I love you two that is most definitely too much information." Emily said as she shook her head laughing. 

POV Christine 

I went with John to see the twin girls and they were so beautiful. They were blonde just like Emily and had blue eyes just like John. I carried Marley and rocked her gently and John picked up Alexandra and we returned to everyone else holding the girls. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed two bottles and handed one to John. We returned to the living room and I sat down beside Paul as I bottle fed Marley. 
"Christine, I have someone here who would like to see you." Emily said as she opened the door for Joe to walk in. My eyes locked with his. Joe looked different. His hair was still long but much shorter and he looked like the he did before drugs consumed him. It was like I was looking at a new man and he smiled when he saw me. Paul smiled at me when I looked at him. Sophie came and carried Marley and continued to feed him as I got up and walked over to Joe. 
"It's good to see you, I've missed you Christy." Joe said softly as she grabbed my hand and squeezed it softly. I returned the smile and hugged him tightly. 
"You look amazing and I am so proud of you for getting clean. Samantha will be so happy to see you." I said as I released him and placed my hands on his shoulders. Sam and Ryan arrived shortly after. 
"Daddy?" Samantha said as she dropped her bags and ran to him, tackling him to the ground. 
"My little angel." Joe said hugging her tightly. It was one of the most beautiful reunions I had ever seen in my life. Everyone was smiling. 
"It's good to have you back baby bro." Ryan said as he hugged Joe after Samantha. 
"I hope you're hungry because lunch is ready." Emily said as everyone made their way to the dining hall and placed various different food items on their plates. I watched as Joe and Paul went to sit together. As I walked down the long table placing food on my plate I noticed the alcohol that was placed at the end. Various drinks that consisted of champagne, vodka, mixed drinks, rum. I bot my lip and closed my eyes. I could hear my heart pounding and felt my fist clench. I couldn't do this. It took every once of my being to resist the urge to grab one of the bottles and drink it straight. Sweat streamed down my face from my forehead and my breath quickened. Paul placed a hand on my shoulder and I jumped looking at him. 
"Hey, you alright?" 
I shook my head and looked over at the drinks. Paul understood immediately and grabbed my hand directing me to somewhere far from the drinks. Emily watched as my face flushed and then looked at the drinks. 
"Shit, Christine I'm so sorry I totally forgot. I'll get rid of it." 
"No, it's fine. I can handle it." I said as my hands trembled softly. 
"I'm here. I'm not going to let anything bad happen to you." Paul said reassuringly. Joe joined us and gave me a glass of water and I thanked him. Paul placed his arm around my waist and gave me a reassuring look. After a couple of minutes I walked onto the balcony with Emily. 
"I'm so beyond happy for you and Paul." 
"Things seems to finally be falling into place." I said as Emily rested her head against my shoulder.