Chapter Six

POV Christine

Homecoming night was upon us and it was a night for us to feel like princesses and that's exactly what we planned to do. At eight am I was woken up to Sophie and Emily jumping on my bed yelling at me to wake up. I groaned and rolled on my back.
"What?" I whined.
"It's Homecoming night and we've got to start getting ready now!" Emily said.
"It's eight in the morning."
"It's never too early to get a head start." Sophie said. When the girls finally got me out of bed we all went to a salon to get our her done. Sophie's looked beautiful. Sophie's long blonde hair was styled into a fishtail braid that laid elegantly on her left shoulder. Emily's look consisted of her straight blonde hair being made curly and parted down the middle for even curls on each side of her head. For me, I went all out. I parted my hair to the side and added voluminous curls that matched Emily's. I even added light blonde highlights to make my hair pop. Next, we went back to my house and put on our dresses. Sophie had a strapless, black dress that was one of those mermaid styled dresses. Emily wore a strapless, red dress the pushed her breasts up and it was a princess dress, meaning it was like a Cinderella dress except strapless. After the girl were dressed they help me get into mine. I wore a open back, navy blue lace dress. It was a one piece but the top part of my dress was long sleeved and completely lace. At around my waist it became silk and ended at my feet with a slit in my upper thigh showing off my left leg. We all wore heels. I wore a white pair, Emily wore a red pair to match her dress, and Sophie wore silver heels. We all gave ourself smokey eyes for makeup and bright pink blue but used different lipstick colors. Emily used a bright and bold red. Sophie used a hot pink, and I decided to use a light nude with shiny gloss to highlight the color.

By the time we were done, we looked like Disney Princesses. Sophie and Emily left my house to go early and I waited at my house for Joe. I stood in front of the mirror and looked at myself in awe. I never felt beautiful but tonight I did. A few minutes later I heard a knock at my door. That weekend my parents were out of town so it was just me. I opened the door and it was Joe. Joe looked as handsome as ever. Of course, his hair was still the same and I wouldn't have it any other way but his look was definitely more refined on this night. Joe wore a classic black and white tuxedo with black dress shoes and was holding a navy blue corsage. It was beautiful and I held my arm out for him to place it on my wrist.
"You look so beautiful Christine." Joe said.
"Thank you, you look very handsome tonight." I said. When I finally looked at the street I saw a white limo pulled up and my jaw dropped. I had never been within fifty feet of a limo and now a boy was taking me to Homecoming in one. I could barely believe it.
"A limo?" I asked.
"I want this to be a night you never forget."
"I love it Joe." I said as I hugged him.

Within minutes we arrived and walked in. The first thing we did was take a photo together. Joe placed his hand on my side and I placed my hand on his chest as we both smiled. On the second one he unexpected leaned down and kissed my cheek as I blushed and the camera clicked. After the picture we walked inside together and I looked at him still blushing.
"I could tell you liked my kiss."
"How?"
"You're blushing." Joe said as he winked. I nudged him playfully. As we talked and laughed I looked past Joe and saw Paul standing next to Janet. Paul looked directly at me and I bit my lip. As I looked him I felt my heart sink into my stomach and tried not to cry. I had never felt this way about a guy before but when I looked at Paul for the very first time I felt something different. It was like love at first sight which I know sounds cheesy but it was what I felt and I knew he felt the same. I closed my eyes and as I did I remembered our kiss in the wings. When his hands were roaming up and down my sides and my arms were wrapped around his neck. I felt chills all over my body and opened my eyes and came back to reality. I grabbed Joe's hand and pulled him to dance floor. I didn't want to think of Paul, not tonight.