Chapter Thirty Two

POV Joe

The next morning I woke up and Christine was still asleep. I walked out of the room and bumped into a sleepy Paul. We walked downstairs as we talked. I sat down in the kitchen as Paul made some coffee. I didn't even know how early it was. Paul poured me some coffee and then some for himself. 
"I'm going to propose to her, tonight." I said to Paul as he sat down next to me. For a moment I saw his expression but it switched.
"Took you long enough, Samantha will probably be thrilled."
"Yeah, I know, she's dying for me and Christine to be married."
"I can understand that, she is your daughter after all."
Not long after that, Steven came down and joined us. Steven grabbed a mug and poured himself a mug of coffee and sat next to us. 
"What are you guys doing awake so early?" 
"Talking about how Joe is going to propose to Christine tonight." 
"Fuck man, good luck." Steven said with a smile.
"Are you alright Steven, you were a bit distant last night?" 
"This tour has taken a lot of energy." 
"Has it? Or is it too hard to watch David all over Sophie?"
"Drop it." 
"Steven..."
"Just drop it."
"Okay, it's dropped." 
"If you ever need to talk about it, you have me and Joe."
"I know, thanks." 
"Before I forget, I bought a new house not too far from here, it's beautiful." Paul said.
"Is it as big as this place?" 
"Bigger." Paul said with a proud smirk. 
"It must be pretty pricy." 
"We're rockstars with fat bank accounts, it was well within my budget." Paul said laying down on the couch. 

Hours later, everyone was gathered in the grand foyer. The butler was passed out glasses of champagne and it was time for me to propose to the woman I loved. I made my way over to Christine who was standing by Mary and Samantha. I placed an arm around her waist and kissed her cheeks. 
"I'm going to make a big announcement." I said as she raised an eyebrow.
I turned and faced everyone who was chatting but I made sure I projected my voice so everyone could hear me.
"Everyone, I have a quick announcement." I said as the room quieted and everyone faced me and Christine. 
"Everyone in this room has known each other since high school. We've all grown together and gone through the depth of hell and back together. When I was a junior in high school I met this lovely lady standing right next to me and years later she gave me a beautiful daughter that I love more than life itself." I said looking down at Samantha and giving her a wink. 
"This wonderful woman stood by my side through everything, even when I left her. I screwed up many times and she still saw the good in me, if it wasn't for her I don't know where I would be. I'm a better man because of her. I don't want to spend another second without having her as mine for all eternity. We have a beautiful daughter together and I want to make us an official family." I said putting my glass on the table. I reached into my pocket and pulled out  a black box and got down on one knee. I opened the box and there was an engagement ring inside.
"Christine Smith, will you make me the happiest man in the universe and become my wife?" I asked as she teared up. 
Christine dropped down to my level and took my face in her hands as her tears fell. 
"Yes." she said as everyone began to clap and I kissed her. I helped her up and slid the ring on her finger. 
"I bought a new home in Newport, it's big enough to fit twenty families, will you move in with me as soon as we are wed?" I asked. Christine nodded and smiled at me. I was the happiest man in the universe at the moment. 

POV Christine

The next morning I stood downstairs in the backyard looking down at my engagement ring. I was happy, and I wanted to make Joe happy and give him the family he never had. Paul came down and met me outside. 
"Hey." Paul said. I turned and looked at him.
"Hey." I smiled softly.
"Steven, Sherrie, and I are heading to Miami for a vacation. We'll be back next week. Congratulations on your engagement, you're going to be the most beautiful bride this world has ever seen." Paul said as he kissed my forehead and headed back inside. They left a few minutes later. I already knew who I wanted in my wedding party. Emily was going to be my maid of honor and I had Mary, Sophie, Sunshine, and Sherrie as my bridesmaids. Paul was once again the best man, while the rest of the band including Ryan and John were the groomsmen. Zach and Ian would be present but not part of the wedding party. Daniel and Samantha would be the ring bearer and flower girl. Joe and I decided to move our wedding up and do it before Emily and John's due to the crazy schedule of The Runaways. Emily and John were more than okay with that. I was sitting down making plans with Sophie and Emily.
"Would you like to walk with David?" I asked Sophie. "I could always pair you up with Steven." I said winking at her. 
"It might be nice but I don't want to put David or Sherrie in that position so I'll walk with David." Sophie said looking down. 
"Are you sure?" I asked. 
"Yes. I'll walk with David." Sophie said softly.
"If you change your mind you better let me know." I said hugging her. 
"I think walking with Steven would hurt too much, I miss him everyday and that would just make me miss him even more." 
"I don't know when but I know you two are going to get back together." 
"Not if he doesn't stay sober. Let's change the subject." 
"Alright, you'll walk with David and I'll pair Sherrie off with Steven." I said. 

A couple hours later John, Emily, and Sophie took me to a man who was good friends with John's parents for a dress fitting. Joe stayed home with Samantha. I shook the man's hand and he took me to the back where he and a few of his workers helped me get into the gown. It was a beautiful off the shoulder lace dress with a matching tiara. It required a crinoline slip to give it volume. I looked at myself in the mirror and nearly cried. I came out and stood in front of John, Emily, and Sophie. They all looked at me and the girls instantly teared up. 
"Oh Christine, you look so beautiful." Emily said as she got up and walked towards me.
"You look stunning." Sophie said as she hugged me tightly.
"I agree with the ladies Christine. Joe is a lucky man." John said with a smile. We took the dress and tucked it away where Joe wouldn't see it.

A week later we held a small rehearsal dinner at John's home. Paul, Steven, and Sherrie had arrived and we invited Sunshine, Ryan, and Daniel. Unfortunately, Sunshine couldn't make it but she let Ryan bring Daniel. I wasn't worried because she said she would be at the wedding. My parents even came to the rehearsal dinner. Joe got drunk and so did Steven. We all talked about the old days of when we were all in high school and when we sang together. Eventually, Joe and Steven passed out on the large couches in the living room. As I spoke to Emily I felt a warm hand on the small of my back. I looked over at Paul and smiled. 
"Dear sister, may I have a moment alone with the soon to be bride?" Paul asked. 
"Of course." Emily said with a soft smile. Emily got up and walked off. 
"Let's go to the garden." Paul said as he placed his jacket over me and led me to the backyard. It was always beautiful and romantic at night. Twinkling lights everywhere that looked like stars. Roses and different flowers surrounding a gazebo. The large pool and hot tube beside each other. It was December so the cold air was begin to move in. 
"I'm happy for you Christy." 
"Thank you. I want to do this for him, give him a family. Samantha adores him and he loves her more than anything." 
"This will be good for him, he loves you and he's happy. Still drinks a little too much but I'll keep him in check." 
"I want you to be happy too Paul. You deserve it as much as anyone." 
"What makes me happy, is you being happy. I'll never break my word to you though, I'll always be a part of your life." Paul said as he cupped my cheeks.
"Somehow I know that our story isn't over." I whispered as I kissed his cheek.