Chapter Fifteen

POV Emily 

On Monday I decided to stay with Christine while everyone went to school. Christine's mom had to be at school and then stay after for a meeting and Christine's father worked a job that required him to travel a lot so he wouldn't be home for a few days. I made Christine some breakfast but she was running a fever by the time I finished making it so she couldn't eat. 
"I feel like I'm going to die Emily." 
I felt for Christine. Her face was pale and she was sweating heavily. Even her eyes were watery. I took her temperature and it was dangerously high. I was glad that I stayed with her and that she wasn't alone. 
"I'm glad you aren't alone especially today." I said. 
Christine looked and me and tried to smile. "I really appreciate you. Who's coming tonight?" 
"Sophie, Joe, and John. Paul might come too."

After school Joe was the first to arrive and I opened the door for him. Joe came with a small box. 
"How is she?" 
"Not good, she had a fever." 
"I'm gonna see her." Joe said. 
A couple of minutes after Joe went upstairs Sophie and John arrived soon after. Sophie hugged me and then went upstairs. I hugged John when he arrived. 
"How was school?" 
"Duller than usual without you there." 
"You are very cute." I said as I giggled. 
"Will you be there tomorrow?" John asked. 
"Yeah, I just wanted to make sure Christine was okay, it was a blessing that I was here because she ended up having a terrible fever." I said as we sat down. 

Steven, David, and Paul arrived shortly after and they called Joe to come down. Sophie stayed up with Christine. I sat on John's lap and the guys sat on the couch. 
"I came up with an idea that the boys agreed on." Paul said. 
"We want you and Christine to be official members of The Runaways. You both have astonishing voices and Christine has brilliant songwriting skills and you both have an ear for music. We want you both in the band." Joe said smiling at me. 
I could barely believe what I was hearing. It was an honor and I agreed, now we just needed Christine to agree. John smiled at me and hugged me while I was on his lap. 
"My girl is gonna be a star." John said as he kissed my cheek. 

A few minutes later I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle and I smiled, still processing what just happened and I felt a hand on my shoulder. I wasn't even aware that I was still smiling. 
"You're still smiling." Joe said as he smiled back. 
"I can't believe this is actually happening, I can't believe you actually want me and Christine in the band." 
"Why wouldn't we? You are both incredibly talented." Joe said as I smiled at him and then hugged him. 
"Thank you." I whispered. 
"You're life is about to change completely, I think we might just make it with you and Christine in our band." Joe said as we hugged. 
"Did she agree?" I asked. 
"I don't know yet, I'm about to go up and ask her." 
"I can almost guarantee she'll say yes, she loves performing." 
Joe was about to walk away when he turned towards me and gave me a folded piece of paper. 
"I came up with this song earlier today and I want you to sing it with me as a duet I think it fits your voice well and you'd sound nice on it." Joe said with a smile and then walked back into the living room. I opened up the paper and read the lyrics. I took it to Christine's piano and started playing the piano and singing my parts. Joe didn't give himself enough credit, he was incredibly talented when it came to song writing as well. I sang it a couple of times when Steven, David, and John had walked in and listened to me. 
"Did you write that?" David asked. 
"Joe did, as a duet." 
"With you?" Steven asked. I nodded. 
"It's beautiful." John said smiling. 
"It compliments your voice." Steven said with a smile. 

Hour passed and I had gone home and brought John with me. I got dressed in a black dress and brushed my hair before turning to John. 
"Grab your coat, I want to introduce you to two very important people." I said as we walked downstairs. We got in John's car and he stopped at a flower store so I could buy some flowers and then I led him to where I wanted to go. We arrived at a cemetery not to far from my home and I got out of the car. I took his hand and led him to where my parents were buried side by side. Looking at their tombstones was still hard even though they died when I was just two years old.
"Mom, Dad, this is John, he's very special to me and I wanted him to meet you guys." 
"Emily, I'm so sorry I had no idea, why didn't you ever tell me?" 
"It still hurts, they passed away in a car accident when I was two, they died and so did the baby in my mom's belly. My mom was pregnant when she died and the crash killed her, my dad, and the baby." I said looking down at their tombstones. 
"I'm sure they were wonderful parents." 
"I'm sure too I just wish I had more time with them." I said as John hugged me. I hugged him back holding back tears and then I laid a bouquet of flowers on each of their graves. 
"They would have loved you." I said in his arms. 
"I would have loved them, I mean they created you after all."
We sat down on the grass by their tombstones and talked to my parents, telling them how we met and how we fell in love.