Chapter Four

POV Joe

As I watched her walk away I leaned my back against the cold lockers and sighed.
"What was that all about?" Janet asked coming up to me.
"Why would I tell you?" I asked. No one knew what exactly it was that went down between Janet and Paul but we knew it wasn't pretty. "Excuse me for trying to be nice once, guess I won't even bother." Janet said.
"Wait...I'm sorry but you are well aware that I'm Paul's best friend and while I don't know what went down between you two it changed Paul." I said.
"I'll tell you what happened." Janet said looking at me. I was a little unsure of it because I didn't know how Paul would feel if he found out that I knew what really went down between them two.
"Fine tell me." I said looking back at her.
"Not here." Janet replies before taking me by the hand to the empty music room.
"It's a long story. Paul and I knew getting into things that it was just supposed to be fun, no strings attached just friends with benefits...we fucked so many times that I actually lost count of how many times it happened. We started to fall for each other." Janet stopped for a moment. I could tell she was hesitant about continuing.
"I haven't told anyone this and I don't even know why I'm telling you but one day I found out I was pregnant with Paul's kid so I panicked and told him I didn't want to keep seeing him and that my feelings were never real. I fucked him up, I'm the reason he quit football and has become the way he is now." Janet said. Shit. No wonder why Paul never told us what happened it probably hurts too much.
"Does he know about your pregnancy? How far along are you?" I asked.
"No and I'm 8 weeks." Janet replied.
"You need to tell him, he has a right to know." I said looking at her.
"You think I don't know that?" Janet said turning back into the cold hearted girl she was around everyone else.
"I'm sorry, I'm well aware but I can't...at-least not until I'm ready." Janet said looking down. "I wouldn't wait too long, you'll start to show soon." I said.

POV Steven

It was finally here. Friday night and our first big game. The first big game of my senior year. I knew I had to do everything in my power to win. Whatever it took.

Hard work and summer practices do tend to pay off. We won and by a landslide too. I noticed Christine still on the field by herself looking around and t the board the displayed the scores.
"Hey beautiful." I said.
"Hey, you played well, congrats on the big win." She said.
"Thank you, thanks for cheering me on." I said with a wink.
"Well that is my job." Christine said smiling. Christine was different, not like most girls I knew. There was an innocence to her that seems to draw me in every time I had an encounter with her.
"Would you like me to accompany you to the door of the girls locker room since I technically can't go in?" I asked her.
"I'd like that." Christine said taking my arms. As we walked back I heard giggling and faint conversation. When I turned around I saw our football coach. Coach Taylor and another cheerleader by the name of Sunshine. I saw them kissing and then looked at Christine who had the same shocked expression as my own. "Do you know her?" I asked.
"I've spoken to her a few times. Do you?" Christine asked.
"Sunshine? Yeah I know her. Sunshine is my ex." I said looking at her.
"Oh I'm sorry." Christine said looking at me. "Nah, don't be we ended on good terms and we still talk from time to time." I replied.
"Her seeing Coach Taylor though that's shocking, I mean he's not that much older than us but he's still an adult and she's a minor, I just hope he isn't taking advantage of her." I said looking away from the pair.
"Sunshine seems like a nice girl, other than Sophie and Emily she has been the only girl on the cheer squad that has treated me with kindness." Christine said looking down.
"Hey, it's all gonna be ok. You have plenty of friends here. You got Sunshine, Sophie, Emily, Joe, Paul, and you'll always have me." I said lifting her chin up. Christine smiled and once we reached the locker room she kissed my cheek and walked inside. As I made my way back outside I heard a car drive past me and I hear a long bang before everything went black.