Chapter Twenty Four

POV Christine

A week later I waited for Paul to come home from school and we were going to have a small candlelit dinner in my backyard by the pool. Lights were dangling from the gazebo and we had a gorgeous view of the moonlight shinning down on the pool. The reflection rippled slightly. Never had there been a more romantic evening for us. The table was set with a white silk cloth and we both sat down and on our plates were sirloin steaks and buttery mashed potatoes. We drank sparkling cider due to my pregnancy and parents being home. Paul talked to me about what are some other plans he was for The Runaways and how they were going to accommodate for the lose of two essential members. I saw the spark in his eyes as he talked about music and remembered that same spark in Joe's. Joe loved music as much as Paul did and it hurt me to think that Paul can never live his dream alongside his best friend. 
"I have no doubt in The Runaways even without me and Joe."
"That's all I need, your faith in me." Paul said with a smile. 
After the meal we walked over and sat by the pool. I looked up at the stars and how they danced in the dark nighttime sky. I felt Paul take my hand in his. 
"What's on your mind?" 
"Everything that's happened and how I'm going to accomplish my goals now that I'm having a little girl." 
Paul's eyes lit up and he smiled.
"It's a girl?" 
I bit my lip and looked at him nodding and smiling. 
"A princess just like her mommy." Paul said kissing my hand. 
Paul put an arm around me and I felt my heart begin to race. 
"You know just because I'm not in the band anymore doesn't mean I can't help with song writing." 
"Your songs are genius, that will sure help us, you'll be writing hit after hit."
Paul shifted his body to face me. 
"You are so beautiful." Paul said with the smirk that made my heart pound. 
Before I had the chance to respond I felt his lips on mine. It was tender and soft. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled against his lips. He tasted exactly the same as I remember. The feelings for him that I kept hidden away bursted open and all my passion delivered in that one kiss. 
"I never stopped loving you Christine, never have and never will." Paul said kissing the corners of my mouth. I looked at him and smiled. I thought about what it would be like if I raised my daughter with Paul. It would be a dream but if Joe ever came back into my life I couldn't just take that chance away from him. After everything he's gone through a daughter could probably be bring some love and light into his life. Paul leaned in again and kissed me and I kissed him back. His were always the sweetest lips I've ever tasted. 

Months passed and I was getting bigger and bigger. Still no word from Joe. Emily and Sophie helped me picked maternity clothes that would be comfortable but still made me look good. 
"Just a few more months and you can go back to regular clothing." Emily said sitting on my bed. 
"As much as I love the fact that I am going to be a mother, Samantha needs to hurry up out of here." 
"Samantha?" Sophie asked.
"That's what I'm going to name her in honor of my little brother." 
"It's beautiful." Emily said. 
"I agree." Sophie said. 

A few months later I was downstairs trying to write a new song for The Runaways when I felt water running down my leg and a sharp pain in my belly. My water broke and my parents drove me and Emily to the hospital. I wanted Emily there with me. Emily didn't leave my side until it was time to give birth. When it was time to go to the delivery room. Emily sent a mass text to everyone in The Runaways and then came into the delivery room with me and my mom. 

Many hour later, Samantha Rodriguez was brought into the world. I decided to give her Joe's last name just in case he ever came back into the picture. I was exhausted after many hours of pushing. When I woke up Sophie, Sherrie, and Emily were in my room.
"Girls, what are you doing here?"
"Emily sent out a mass text saying you were in labor and we wanted to meet the little angel." Sherrie said smiling. 
Right after Sherrie finished her sentence a nurse brought Samantha in and placed her in my arms. I looked at her and felt so much joy. She was my very own little girl. A miracle. I wished Joe could have been here welcoming our daughter into the world but I haven't had any contact with him in months. 
"I wish he could have been here to meet his daughter." I said as my voice began to crack. 
I looked at my girls and smiled. 
"I'm glad you guys are here." 
"We wouldn't have missed this for the world, we may not be your sisters by blood but we are binded by something even stronger and we wanted to be the first ones to see our niece." Sophie said with a soft smile. We heard a knock on the door and Paul poked his head inside.
"The boys and I want to meet the little princess." Paul said. 
"Come on in, I just finished feeding her." I said. 
Paul, Steven, and David came in with ballons, flowers, teddy bears, and many other gifts. I was overcome with emotion as they placed all the gifts down around the room. Paul came over to my side and looked down at Samantha.
"How are you feeling?" 
"It was pretty painful but I'm alright." 
"I could see some of Joe in her, and you." Paul said.
"She's perfect. Meet Samantha Rodriguez boys." I said as everyone in the room smiled.