Chapter Thirty Six

POV David 

I woke up a little before noon and walked into an empty kitchen. I grabbed the pitcher of orange juice and walked outside and sat by the pool side. I was wearing sweatpants and a black tank top. 
"Morning." Sherrie said as she sat down next to me. 
"Oh hey, you just woke up?" 
"Yeah, it was a long day yesterday." 
"I'll say." I said as I looked over at her. 
"What have you bee up to while the boys and I have been touring, other than the times you came out to our shows?" I asked.
Sherrie looked down before she answered. I gently took her hand in mine and she looked at our hands as her cheeks turned red. "I've been teaching dance classes to children and teens at the local dance studio." 
"That's good, you've always liked dance and you love kids? Is Samantha in the class?" I asked looking at our hands. 
"Yes, she loves it." Sherrie said as she drew her hand back. "How are things with you and Sophie?" 
"It's ok, she seems happy." 
"That's it?" Sherrie asked looking at me.
I looked at her and then sighed. "I'll be honest, there are times when I really miss you." 
"David what you did back then, it really hurt me. I loved you and I needed you the most and you weren't there, not even once and I mean I've forgiven you because it was so long ago but I can't break up with Steven, he's good to me and I can't hurt him. If he gets hooked on drugs again because of me, I would never forgive myself." Sherrie said softly looking down. 
I sighed and looked away until I felt her place a hand on my cheek. I turned and looked at her as I closed my eyes under her touch, it made me weak. I had flashbacks of our time together. It was the best part of my life. I was a fucking idiot for screwing it up with her. I should have fucking went to see her. What the fuck was I thinking? 
I stood up and pulled her hands up looking into her eyes. 
"There are times when I miss you too David." Sherrie said as she kissed my cheek and walked back into the house. I watched her walk back inside and out of sight. 

POV Christine

When I woke up I saw Paul sleeping and leaned over to kiss his cheek. It was noon. I got on top of him and watched the sun rays hit his face. Paul slowly began to open his eyes and I felt his hands on my thighs. I leaned down and kissed his lips. Paul flipped us over so that he was on top of me and dominated my tongue with hunger and passion. Paul stopped and looked at me as he kissed my head. 
My phone buzzed and I reached over to pick it up. 
"Hey, how you doing?" Emily asked as Paul kissed my neck and laid down next to me. 
"Much better." I said giggling. 
"By the sound of your voice I can certainly tell, we'll be coming over with David, Sherrie, Steven, Sophie, and Samantha soon." Emily said. 
"We'll see you soon." I said as I hung up. 
"I'm going to start getting ready." Paul said as he kissed my forehead and got into the shower. 
I walked into the closet to get an outfit ready as Paul shower. When he got out he threw on a pair of black jeans and a white Runaways t-shirt. I grabbed my clothes and jumped in the shower and when I came out I was wearing a pair of blue jeans a a black tank top with a pink sweater. 

We went downstairs and began cooking some lunch so that our friends would have some food by the time they got here. We were making grilled cheese sandwiches. As I went to the fridge to grab some more American cheese I felt a soft kiss gently placed on my shoulder. I blushed and turned to give Paul a quick peck on the lips. A few minutes later a knock was at the door and I let everyone in. This included Emily, John, Sherrie, David, Steven, Sophie, and my little girl. To my surprise Ian also showed up. 
"Ian!" I said as I hugged him. 
"Are you okay Christine? You looked very upset yesterday." Ian said still hugging me. 
"I'm doing better." I said softly smiling at him. 
"He hasn't called?" Sherrie asked. 
"No, I don't think he will. He doesn't want to mess up things anymore than he already has." Paul said. 
"I still can't believe he pulled that stunt." Sherrie said quietly to me. I sighed as I looked down. 

POV Steven

I walked over to Paul and swung my arm around him. 
"You must be real happy." I said quietly. Paul nodded as he chuckled. Christine brought out the sandwiches to the backyard area where the large gazebo was. It was large enough to fit everyone there. After a few hours I looked out towards the hammock and saw Sophie sitting alone. Sherrie and I walked over to her. 
"Soph, are you alright?" I asked. 
"I'm just thinking about some stuff." Sophie said as she looked away. 
Sherrie gave her a look of empathy and hugged her. Sophie hugged her right back. 
"I'll see you at the house, David and I are going to stay a little longer." Sophie said as she wiped away her tears. I hugged Sophie after Sherrie did and can feel her heart pounding. I knew she was lying, we had dated for so many years and I knew her better than anyone. 

When we got home I walked into the den and sat behind my drums picking up my sticks. I began playing the song I wrote about Sophie many years ago. It was the only one that we always performed no matter what. The song was engraved into my memories. After I played it I sighed and walked into the kitchen. I sat down and began thinking about how we got here. Why the fuck did I go back to drugs when I knew it would fuck up my relationship? I was a fucking idiot. A couple hours later Sophie and David arrived and I watched as David kissed her cheek and went upstairs. Sophie sat by the piano in the grand foyer and became playing my song. My eyes softened and I smiled softly as I watched her. After she played I took a seat next to her and smirked. 
"One of my favorite songs." I said with a soft smile.
Sophie looked down and grabbed my hand softly. "It's my favorite song from The Runaways." Sophie said with a smile. 
"We play it at every single show without fail." 
Sophie smiled and then I felt her hug me. I was surprised but hugged her back tightly. "My little rose." I whispered as I held her in my arms. 

Christine and Paul looked happier as each day passed. We would take Samantha to see them as often as we could. We even took her to see Joe a couple of times. Even though Christine and I were pissed at him, he was still family and we visited him because we didn't want him to be completely alone. Joe was happiest when we brought Samantha with us. Those trips usually just involved me, and the boys. Christine still wasn't ready to see him and no one told him about Christine staying with Paul, it would break him. 

We were anxiously awaiting our nation wide tour. It was still a tour for our third album and soon we would be working on a fourth. We all knew we would soon have to say goodbye to our girls. After Christine's wedding that never happened I was back on drugs. The stress and energy around me was too much and I started with marijuana. It was only going to get worse but I knew how to hide it. I learned from previous experiences. I knew doing this was going to get me into deep shit but at this point I didn't care, I couldn't function without it. Not having Sophie in my life was killing me on the inside and this was the only way to cope with the pain. I was probably the only member in the band that was on drugs. I wasn't proud of it but I didn't have anything that would stop me from doing it.