Chapter Nine

POV Janet

My Sunday had turned out to be pretty uneventful. That was until I got a text from Emily. It was around six in the afternoon and she told me to get dressed in something nice. I wore a green skin tight dressed that reached to just above my knees and it was skin tight. As I ironed my hair and did my makeup I couldn't help but think about my interaction with Christine. I knew exactly why I was angry at her. Paul was in love with her and it made me upset because even though I knew me and Paul's relationship was supposed to be no strings attached I ended up falling for him. I prayed that this baby was his except there is a slight chance it isn't. As I looked in the mirror and turned to the side I was starting to show and I put a hand over my bump and I smiled slightly. A couple minutes later Emily arrived with John and to my surprise, Ian. Ian was my ex-boyfriend and the other guy who may be the father of my baby. 
"Ian!?" I was taken aback by this. I pulled Emily to the side. 
"What is this?" I asked.
"Ian called me and asked me to tell you to that he wanted to take you out and then decided to make it a double date to make it more comfortable for you, he also knows about the baby and wants to know whether it's his or not once it's born." I didn't know how to feel, on one hand I was pretty sure I was actually in love with Ian but I had strong feelings for Paul. Maybe there was a way to have them both. The four of us arrived at a fancy restaurant at the edge of town. It had class and it looked like nowhere I had ever been before. 
"This place looks expensive." Ian said as he held my hand. 
"The perks of having rich parents is that they give you credit cards with no limits." John said pulling out a gold colored credit card and putting his arm around Emily. The waiter saw John and escorted us to a table outside over looking the bay. The boys ordered sodas and Emily and I ordered water. I picked up the menu and looked through it. 
"This certainly is a large selection and for refined taste." Emily said.
"This food is made by some of the top chefs in the world." John said as he looked over the menu. 
"This all seems new to me so why don't you order for me babe?" 
"Alright, I will and I have a feeling you will love it too." 
John ended up ordering four of the same orders for all of us and our drinks arrived. 
"John, this is amazing, thank you." Emily said, taking a sip of her water. 
"Yeah, this is really cool of you." Ian said as I agreed. 
"It's a treat for my breathtaking girlfriend and she wanted to bring you guys along so how can I say no to that." John said as he winked and smiled at Emily. 
I looked out at the bay and the calming atmosphere. Candles were dimly lit around us and the moon gave off a reflective white mirror image on the water. I could hear the slow music that played throughout the speakers. 
The food had finally arrived and it made my mouth water. The smell, the steam, and the look of it was enough to make someone entranced.  The food was delicious and we were all full by the time dinner was over. Spending time with Ian felt somewhat therapeutic, the last time I had seen him was over the summer when we slept together. I regret breaking up with him, he was charming, kind, sexy, and he brought out the best parts of me. Maybe I was so bitter because I hate who I was without him. After dinner John dropped everyone off home and Ian and I texted each other for most of the night. 

POV Steven 

The next few weeks dragged on but before we knew it, Thanksgiving was upon us. The Friday after Thanksgiving we had a Friendsgiving. The guest included myself, Paul, Emily, Joe, Sherrie, Sophie, Christine, Sunshine, John, Janet, Ian, and the newest member of The Runaways David. David was a skilled guitarist and we all agreed we would be stupid to not have him in the band. Before everyone arrived I was getting ready and made sure the room I shared with Joe and Paul was empty. I closed and locked the door. I walked over to my drawer that contained my boxers and pulled out a bottle of pills and took two and then hid them again. After my surgery from getting shot the pills were the only thing that kept me from being in agonizing pain. It helped and sometimes I felt like I couldn't function without them. For the most part, I was being carefully with how many I took and when I took them but I didn't want anyone finding out I still took them. No one needed to know except me and I planned to keep it that way.