Chapter Thirty One

POV Christine

One night I was up in my bedroom working on some assignments when I heard chatter from many voices downstairs and the sound of a door close. I walked out and looked over at Samantha who had an instant smile on her face.
"Daddy!" Samantha yelled as she ran down the stairs to her father's arms. 
"Baby girl." Joe said as he picked her up. 
"I can't believe you are almost nine years old, stop growing!" Joe said as he laughed. I smiled looking down at them. I looked at Paul who was talking to his brother and then back at Joe and Samantha. Their relationship was truly beautiful. Sophie appeared next to me and I could see her gaze land on Steven. I could see the pain in her eyes as his eyes met hers and she instantly looked away. Joe looked up at me and gave me a smile. Sophie and I made our way down the stairs and to my surprise Paul was standing right in front of me. It's been almost three years since I had seen him. I hugged him tightly as he kissed my cheek. Neither one of us let go first. 
"Oh my god Paul, I've missed you so much." I said nearly tearing up. 
When we let go, we both had tears welling in our eyes. That was the longest we had ever gone without seeing each other. 
"Go see Joe, he's missed you." I nodded and walked over to Joe. We embraced and smiled. 
"It's so good to see you again." Joe said as he hugged me. Sophie joined us and he hugged her. I noticed that Sophie was adamantly avoiding Steven but David came over and swung his arm around her and kissed her cheek lovingly. Seeing David with Sophie and Steven with Sherrie was something I could never get used to, even if it had been a few years now. I didn't know when but I knew that in a matter of time they would get back together. 
"You have no idea how much I've missed my best girl." David said as a faint smile formed across Sophie's face. 
"I missed you too handsome." 
"It's good to be back in the company of my favorite girls." David said as he smiled at us all. 
Samantha ran towards the radio and started playing The Runaways music. We all looked at each other and laughed softly. It was adorable every time. 
"Where's Zach and Ian?" I asked. 
"Attending some business in New York, but my brother, Sunshine, and Daniel are on their way." Joe said as I saw Samantha's eyes light up. 
"Daniel's coming?" she asked excitedly. 
"He sure is." I said as Joe's eyebrow raised. Samantha walked off saying hi to everyone as I laughed and looked over at Joe. 
"I think our little one's got a crush." 
"Hell no, she is too young for boyfriends." Joe said getting all protective. 
"Relax, will ya." I said teasingly. Paul walked over to us.
"Christine it's been too long, sing with us? Let's do one of our duets, how about Take My Heart?" Paul asked holding my hand. Take My Heart had been one of the very first duets we wrote together, probably the second one. 
"Ok fine." I said as the boys sat by their instruments. Our den almost looked like the one back home, filled with the instruments needed by each member of the band. Paul and I stood side by side as the other members played their intros. When it was time for Paul and I to sing together our voices harmonized together and I could see Samantha watch in awe. As we sang I began to look at him and I felt the rush I did when we first sang together. It was electric. I moved my body closer to his as we danced while keeping our eyes on each other. After the song, our friends cheered loudly along with my daughter. 
"You were amazing." Paul said as he gently squeezed my hand. 
"I agree." Joe said sliding his hand on my waist. 
"Mommy you sound so good." Samantha said as she hugged me tightly. I giggled as I hugged her back. 

POV Sherrie

After they sang Joe and Christine went to the backyard along. I walked over to Paul who didn't take his eyes off her. 
"After all these years you still love her?" I asked. 
"I don't think I'll ever stop." 
"Don't give up on her." 
"I have to Sherrie, she has a family with Joe and I can't take her away from him." 
"You've been saying for years Paul. Say what you will but I don't think this is the end for you two." I said softly. 
"I can say the same about you and David."
"He's with Sophie and I'm with Steven, things are fine." 
"You say that now but everyone knows that you both are in relationships that don't make you feel as happy as you did before." Paul said looking at my with sympathetic eyes. 
"I don't want to talk about this." I said shaking my head. Paul nodded softly and we moved to the sofa to talk about Emily and John's wedding with them. They were almost finished planning. Christine was the maid of honor and Sophie, Sunshine, and I were the bridesmaids. Daniel was the ring bearer and Samantha was the flower girl. The boys were John's groomsmen with Paul as the best man. Ryan, Sunshine, and Daniel arrived soon after. We all laughed when Daniel and Samantha smiled and hugged each other. Christine and Joe entered and smiled at the sight. I ended up in the bar area by myself after a while. When I looked over to the side I saw David. My cheeks went red and I bit my bottom lip. We hadn't been alone together in years. He looked back at me and I could feel my heart race. We both smiled at each other half-heartedly. 
"How have you been?" I asked. 
"Pretty good, I can't complain, you?"
"Same." I whispered.
"I can't believe how long it's been since we've spoken." David said as he walked closer to me.
"Years." 
David hugged me softly and kissed my cheek. I didn't want to let him go but I knew I had to.
"I love you Sher, I always will." David whispered. 
I looked at him fighting back the tears that threatened to spill. "I love you too David."
"All I want is for you to be happy."
"I want the same for you." 
David looked down sadly. "I hope Steven is treating you well." 
John interrupted us before I could respond. "Hey David, I spoke to the guys and you are all welcome to stay here in the guest bedrooms for as long as you'd like." John said before walking back over to his bride to be. 

It had gotten late and everyone had gone to their respective rooms. I noticed Christine sitting at the top of the tears in tears. I made my way next to her and sat beside her. Emily soon joined us. 
"What's the matter Christy?" I asked leaned my head on her shoulder. Before she replied Sophie joined us. We were sisters through the toughest of times and were always there for each other. The bond that we shared was stronger than metal and it was unbreakable. 
"Why is it so hard for me to stop loving him?"
"True love never dies." Sophie said softly. 
"Sophie took the words right out of my mouth." I said as I hugged my knees. 
"I hate seeing my girls so sad." Emily said as we all hugged Christine in a group hug. 
When we stopped I looked at Sophie. "Sophie I'm sorry about dating Steven. I know you love him and watching-" 
"You have nothing to apologize for and I'm sorry about being with David."
"Don't be, it's over." 
"Let's get some sleep, it's been a night." Emily said as she helped us up. 
I walked into my room and saw Steven sleeping like a rock. I walked over to the bed and laid down. I pulled the blanket over me and closed my eyes trying to get some sleep.