Chapter Seven

POV Christine

The next night Joe had invited me over to Paul's house considering that where he had been living. I knocked on the door and Paul answered. The second our eyes met I felt my heart start to race. 
"H-hey, is Joe here?" I asked. 
"He went to the store to pick up a few things, come in." Paul said as he held the door open for me. I sat on the couch and he sat next to me. 
"Are you going out tonight?" 
"I have to, Janet is making me. It's not like I have much of a choice in that matter, I just want to know if I am the father I have my doubts especially when she told me she slept with someone else." Paul said. 
"Until then, I pretty much have to be there for her, if not she'll go crazy." I wished I could do something to comfort him. 
"Whatever happens, I'm here for you Paul." 
"That means a lot Christine. To me honest I'd much rather spend my time with you." I honestly wished the same and felt horrible about it. Joe was one of the most caring, and kindest person I had ever met but I couldn't deny the feelings I had for Paul. They were too strong. Paul checked his watch and got up. 
"I should probably get going." I got up and walked with him to his door. Just as he placed his hand on the doorknob I stopped him. 
"Paul." I said as he turned to face me. I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly. I missed him more than I could describe. I felt my eyes start to water, I desperately wanted to be with him and it broke my heart that it would probably never happen for us. 
"I miss you." I whispered, barely audible but I knew Paul heard me. We both pulled away and looked at each other. Our hands were still touching and I didn't want to let his hands go. 
"Me too." He whispered back. 
"I'm not ready to let you go yet." Paul said while looking at me and gently squeezing my hands. Paul let go of one of my hands and brushed a piece of my long brown hair behind my ear to get a better view of my eyes. 
"Do you realize what you've done to me Christine?" 
"No...maybe." I replied. I felt our faces become even closer than they were before. I felt the warmth of his breath and his lips softly brushed mine. This feeling was intense and I couldn't stop myself. To be honest, I don't know what overcame me, I didn't know why I couldn't stop. At this point I couldn't contain myself and I pressed my lips against his. The kiss was gentle yet demanding. I parted my lips and our tongues met, and I felt my pulse start to race. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and he pulled me closer. Paul's lips started to drift to my cheek and then my chin, until finally reaching my neck. He finally stopped and then looked at me as his hand was gently placed on my cheek. My legs were quivering and I felt my cheeks warm up as we looked at each other. 
"I wish I didn't have to stop kissing you." 
"We shouldn't be doing this, it's wron-" 
"Does it feel wrong?" 
"N-no." I replied as he kissed me again. I couldn't deny that I loved the taste of his and the warmth of his body against mine. I felt his hands on my sides and then around my waist pressing our bodies together again. His tall stature held my short one in a passionate embrace. Paul then broke our kiss. I could tell something was wrong when he looked at me again. If I was being honest with myself, I felt terrible as well. I was thinking about Joe and how much I knew he liked me, we had been getting closer for months now and I could tell his feelings for me were pure. I had a few feelings for him as well but it was nothing compared to my feelings for Paul. 
"This feels right but we both know it's wrong." I said. Paul paced his hands on my cheeks and rested his forehead against mine. 
"I don't know what you've done to me but you are all I ever think about Christine." It took every fiber of my being not to break down to tears. Paul placed my hand on his chest and I could feel his heart pound. I felt him kiss me softly one last time and stopped when he heard the door open. We both stepped back so there was space in between us. It was Joe.
"Hey, you're here." Joe said smiling. 
"Sorry, I'm early." 
"No I'm always happy to see you." Joe said as a two phones buzzed at the same time. 
Paul and Joe both answered their phones and a few moments later Joe hung up and looked at me. 
"I'll be right back, apparently Steven didn't drive this morning so he needs a ride home." 
"Why didn't he just call me?" Paul asked. 
"Not sure but it's cool I'll be back as soon as I can." Joe said as he walked out the door. 
Paul checked his phone and then smiled. 
"What?" I asked.
"Just a text from Steven. Janet called and told me she won't be ready for another hour or two." Paul said. 
Paul walked to his fridge and then came back holding a bottle of wine and two glasses. 
"Would you like some?" 
"I'm sixteen." 
"It's just wine and I'm not offering to get you drunk, it's just a treat." I raised my eyebrow and against my better judgement I agreed because I trusted him. Paul slowly took my hands and looked into my eyes. 
"As much as I love Joe, I hate seeing you with him." Paul said as he let my hands go and poured us each a glass of wine. 
I shrugged. "There's nothing we can do Paul." 
"Christine, I have no intentions of being with Janet, if the child is mine all I am going to do is help my child, not her." 
I looked at him and took a sip of my wine. "We can't change anything I can't hurt Joe and I know you don't want to either." Paul moved in closer as his lips softly brushed against mine. I had always been strong, so how could I be so weak when I was in his presence. 
"I won't let our story end like this." Paul said softly.