Chapter Fourty Three

POV David 

One morning I woke up early and went for a run. As I took out my phone to change the song that was playing I bumped into someone and knocked her down. It was Sherrie. 
"Oh my god Sherrie I'm so sorry." I said as I helped her up. 
"No it's fine." Sherrie said as she smiled softly. 
"I heard about you and Steven, I'm sorry." I said giving her a sympathetic look. 
"We just weren't right for each other." 
"I know what you are going through, Sophie and I haven't been doing well either." 
"Wanna talk about it, we can get some coffee?" Sherrie asked. 
"Yeah, that'd be great." I said as we walked over to a coffee shop that was nearby.
We ordered our drinks and I paid for her. Sherrie smiled and we sat down at a table. When I looked at her I was reminded of our younger years when we were together. When we were happy. I smiled at her when those memories ran through my mind. 
"I wrote a song about you...I haven't done it in a while but I was thinking about you a lot lately and all our memories." I said as I showed her the lyrics. 
"We just recorded it a couple of days ago, it's on the new album." 
Sherrie looked at it and smiled as she teared up. "It's beautiful." 
"I can't wait to perform it in concert." 
"I'll be there when you do." Sherrie said. 
"I have written a lot more lately. It makes me forget about how unhappy I've become. Sophie and I are thinking about getting a divorce because we are unhappy." I said. 
Sherrie placed her hand on mine and offered me her full support. I thanked her and kissed her hand. Spending time with her again reminded me how happy I was with her. 
"I'm so sorry for what I did all those years ago, it made me lose you and I loved you...I still love you." I said to her. 
"I love you too David." Sherrie said. I got up and pulled her up and embraced her. We held each other tightly and I didn't want to let her go but eventually we did. 

When I arrived home Sophie had been laying down on the couch. It was time. I made my way over to her and held her sit up. We both knew what was coming and we were both ready. I started talking to her about the relationship and how I knew we were both unhappy. We both knew this needed to happen. 
"I'll always care for you but we both know that this marriage isn't going anywhere." I said. Sophie nodded and agreed with me. We filed for divorce that day but we both agreed we would still be friends. I moved out and left her the house and bought an apartment in Sherrie's building. This whole process took about a week. 

I sat down on the couch of my new apartment and waited for Sherrie to come over. She had come over after teaching lessons at the studio. I had been writing a song for the new album and opened the door when I heard her knock. I let her in and hugged her when she walked in. 
"How were the lessons?" I asked.
"Good, my students get better and better each day." Sherrie said. I was beyond happy for her. 
We both sat on the couch and I pulled her onto my lap.
"You don't know how amazing it feels to have you back, I'm never going to screw up again, I promise." I said as I kissed her. I had kissed Sherrie again for the first time in years. I felt even more sparks than I did from our first kiss. Sherrie wrapped her arms around my neck as I kissed her. I got up and wrapped her legs around my waist as I carried her to the bedroom. Neither one of us broke the kiss as we landed on the mattress. We undressed each other and made love for hours. 

POV Sophie

It had been a couple of days since David and I agreed to get a divorce and it hurt but a part of me was relieved. I heard a knock on my door and was surprised when I saw Steven.
"Steven, what are yo-" 
"I can't live one more minute without doing this." Steven said as he walked toward me and kissed me passionately. I closed my eyes and I wrapped my arms around him as I kissed him back deeply. When he pulled back I looked at him and hugged him tightly. 
"I love you so much Steven." I said as tears filled my eyes. 
"I love you too, I never stopped." Steven said as he held me tightly. 
I kissed him again and he pulled me up and I latched onto him.  

When I woke up the next morning I opened my eyes and saw Steven's sleeping face beside me. I looked under the covers and we were completely naked. I bit my lip and smirked when I remembered what happened throughout the night. I got closer to Steven and began to place soft kisses on his cheek and saw him start to open his eyes. Steven smiled when he saw what I was doing and kissed me. I couldn't believe this was what was happening, I loved him so much and I finally had him back. David had been a wonderful husband but at the end of the day I knew I would never stop loving Steven and he would never stop loving Sherrie. I placed my hands on his cheeks and smiled as I looked into his eyes. Steven smiled back as he studied my face. I blushed as he continued to look at me with that handsome smile of his. 
"We have to get up, it's past noon." I said softly. 
"Yeah, and we have to go visit my sister. She's having a dinner." Steven said as he sat up. 
"Wait." I said. 
Steven stopped and looked at me as I pecked his lips and he smiled. We got up and as soon as we were dressed we made our way to Emily's home. When we arrived everyone was already there. Emily hugged us. 
"It's about time you two got back together." Emily said and then turned to David and Sherrie who were holding hands. "Same goes for you two." Emily said smiling at all of us. 
I smiled as I looked up at Steven. "Things are finally falling into place." I said. 
Christine walked over and hugged us. "It's so good to know see you both happy and David and Sherrie." 
I laughed softly. "It took us all long enough." 
I smiled and Sherrie finally walked over and hugged me and then Steven. Even though we had long term relationships with each others lovers nothing wedged any of the friendships. I waved at David and gave him a smile that he returned. I was glad that things felt normal and not weird or tense. I spent some time with the girls as Sherrie and I recounted how we reunited with our true loves and Christine and Emily almost cried. 
"You and Paul better be next." Emily said looking at Christine.
Christine sighed and looked over at Joe who was talking to Paul. "I can't hurt him. We have a daughter and I don't want to be the one who breaks up the family. 
"Christy, you aren't happy and you told us yourself that you and Joe are always fighting, that's not good for Sam." Sherrie said.
"It'll be worse if I break it off, I don't want Sam to lose her father." 
"Sam will never lose Joe, he loves her and she loves him. Even if you and Joe break up she will still have him." I said. 
The conversation shifted after that and I walked over to David a few minutes later. 
"I'm glad you're happy." I said smiling.
"You're happy too. I'm happy for you." David said.
"I want you to know that you were so good to me and I appreciate all the years of love you gave me." 
"I'll always care for you Soph." 
"Me too." I said as I hugged him. 

When Steven and I got back to his apartment I sat on his lap and kissed him. 
"Did you have a good time today?" Steven asked. 
"I did. You?" I asked. 
Steven nodded and smiled. 
"Paul, Joe, and I talked to Christine about recording a song or two for the new album. Fans adore her and a lot of them remember her from the very early days." Steven said. 
"That sounds amazing, I'm sure it's going to be incredible." I said as I wrapped my arms around Steven. 
"I recorded vocals for one of the songs and it's about you." 
I smiled and blushed as he kissed my cheek. Steven and I talked for a little while until we called it and night and went to bed.