Chapter Fourty

POV Christine

After spending the day with the girls I walked over to Sunshine's house to pick up Samantha and she ran to me when I got there. I talked with Ryan and Sunshine for a little while and then me and Samantha went home. I cooked dinner while Samantha watched some cartoons. I was so exhausted from all the work we had done on the new studio. We ate dinner as Samantha told me about her dad with her Uncle and Daniel. 
"Is Daddy coming soon to see me?" 
"Yes, I spoke to him, but I will call him again and make sure." I said.
As I washed the dishes I called Joe and he answered fairly quickly. 
"Hey." 
"Hey, how are you?" 
"Good, I heard you worked on the studio today. How's it looking?" 
"Amazing we all worked on it and Mary even came over and is going to be teaching guitar lessons."
"That's great, do you think I can have Sam stay with me for a few days, I figured you could use a break and on the day before the wedding I can bring her back to you."
"That's fine, Sam would love that." 
"How about instead of you cooking, I take you both to dinner when I stop by?" Joe asked.
I smiled softly, he was trying. Trying hard. 
"I'd love that." 
"Are you excited that your best friend is getting married?"
"I'm very happy for her and I know you are too." 
"I am, how are you?" 
"I'm alright, looking forward to seeing you." 
"I'm sorry for what I did at our wedding." 
"I know you are Joe." 
"Will you ever forgive me?" 
"I've already forgiven you but it still hurts." 
"I know  but I promise I will make it up to you. I have a surprise when we go to dinner." Joe said before we both hung up. I knew exactly what he was going to do, he was going to propose again. Joe was so in love with and he was trying so hard. I felt like I had no choice, I had to make this work if not for me, for Samantha. 

The next day I dropped off Samantha at her new school and made my way to the studio. I was the first one there and I had a couple finishing touches to the studio. It was practically ready to open for business. Each room had a sign that correlated to what was being taught. We were open for business. I received a call from Sunshine. 
"Hello?" 
"Hello Miss Christine." 
"Hey, what's up?" 
"I'm a well-known reporter now and I figured we should set up some kind of interview to generate buzz about your studio." 
"That would be amazing, yes!" 
"How's tomorrow?" 
"Tomorrow's perfect." 
"I'll text you with the details later." 
"Thank you so much Sunshine." 
"Don't mention it, have a good one." Sunshine said as we hung up. Doing an interview would be perfect to get the word out about the studio. It would definitely get people talking. Sunshine became a senior reporter at her job and was damn good. 

The next day Sunshine and I had our interview and it was me and the girls answering question about what inspired us to start this company, why we did it here in New York, and what our skills were. We were even photographed in front of the studio. I thanked Sunshine and she let after the interview and photographs were completed. I was extremely proud of the progress my students had been making. One of them had a killer voice and she was only twelve years old. I taught her some vocal techniques and exercise that would really put her over the top. 

The first few days of my new work were fairly easy, I came home everyday to an empty apartment due to Samantha spending time with her father. On night when I arrived home Joe and Samantha were there and she ran into my arms yelling my name. I hugged her tightly and smiled and looking up to a smiling Joe. When I let go of Samantha I got up and Joe hugged me. I hugged him back and he kissed my cheek. 
"I'm so proud of you and the studio, I already read the article that Sunshine wrote." 
"Thank you." I said as Joe grabbed my hand. 
"Your studio is going to be super successful, especially if students are trained by you." 
"That's sweet, thank you." I said smiling.
"Well, I promised you two a night out so let's go." Joe said as he took both of our hands in his. 

Joe took us to a small, intimate restaurant that was very family oriented. It had a great vibe. We ordered drinks and food and before it came Joe got down on one knee and popped the question once again. I looked at Samantha who was in awe. I agreed and Joe slid the ring on my finger and kissed me. It was then we noticed paparazzi snapping pictures galore until Joe grabbed two menus and pulled them up to shield from all the flashes that came our way. That was the first time I ever experienced a paparazzi ambush. Vultures! Thankfully, we were inside and paparazzi was not allowed past the doors. 

POV Emily

I woke up early Saturday morning and it was time to get ready for my wedding. The girls arrived to the apartment in record timing to help me get ready. It was a process but I didn't want it any other way. Christine and Sherrie did hair and make-up while Sophie, Sunshine, and Mary helped me with my dress and headpiece. My wedding was being held at Saint Nicholas Russian Orthodox Cathedral. My gown was white and strapless. It had a diamond belt on my waist and puffed out making it look like a gown worn by Disney Princesses. Most of the guests were already at the wedding by the time I got into the limo with Steven. As we rode in the limo I looked at him and he looked high as shit. What a fuck. On my wedding day. 
"You're high? On the most important day of my life?"
"Don't start. I want this to be a good day for you." 
"It's a little too late for that, my older brother, who is supposed to give me away, is high as shit. You look like a fucking mess Steven." 
"I don't know what you want me to do." 
"I want you to get your shit together and clean yourself up." 
"It's not as easy as you think." 
"It's all about willpower once you get out of rehab, if you don't clean up your act you'll lose me and possibly more. I love you too much to watch you kill yourself." I said as I held back tears. When we arrived all my friends were outside ready to walk. First, Samantha and Daniel walked with the rings. Then, Ian and Sunshine walked, followed by Zach and Mary, then Joe and Sherrie, followed by David and Sophie, and finally Paul and Christine. After everyone stood at the altar the music started and Steven helped me out of the car. 
"Hope you can walk in a straight line." I said. I loved my brother and I knew some of my words were hurtful but he decided to get fucked up at my wedding. I grabbed his arm and we walked in silence until he gave me away to John. It wasn't until I stood face-to-face with John that I smiled. 

The ceremony went smoothly and then it was time for the reception at The Plaza hotel. It was a night I was going to remember. As I sat talking with John I watched The Runaways get on stage along with Christine as Samantha came over to me and sat on my lap. Christine and Paul sang a song they wrote called "Call Me". It was a beautiful love song and then they sang some of the old hits that Christine used to sing with Paul and Joe when she was a part of the band. I watched the chemistry that Christine shared with Paul as they sang and it made me smile. I wanted them to be together so badly. Hopefully one day it would happen for them. After they performed we all clapped and Samantha ran to hug her mother. Christine smiled as she held her daughter. The DJ began playing music and Samantha walked over to dance with her father. I looked over at John and smiled. 
"You thinking about having a little one?" I asked. 
"Only if it's with you."
"It better only be with me." I said as I giggled and kissed him. 
Once I changed out if the large wedding dress I came back into the reception with a more casual but formal dress I could use to dance in. The party went on until three in the morning and we all had rooms in The Plaza that night.