Chapter Thirty

POV Christine

When Joe left to start on the album, Emily and I went to college. While we were gone, Sophie, and Sherrie would watch Samantha. Joe called often but his new lifestyle kept him very busy. The visits weren't as frequent but the phone calls never stopped. I had to admit, he was an amazing father to Samantha. College turned out to be an amazing experience for me and Emily and we were working on degrees in Music Education. I was thankfully to Sophie and Sherrie for watching Sam while Emily and I went to school. 

A year and a half later, I was still in school and about to graduate with my bachelor's along with Emily. Samantha was almost nine and the boys were on their final leg of their world tour. Hopefully, I would see them soon. We all missed them dearly. Sophie and Sherrie would sometimes fly out to see some of their concerts. The new album was a hit and everyone raved about this concert. It was sold out everywhere world wide, no more tickets could be sold. 

One morning I was in the dining room working on an assignment when Samantha came in. I looked at her and smiled softly. It was crazy how much she had grown, my little girl would soon be blossoming into a young lady. I'm not ready for her to become a teenager. It was all moving too quickly for me. I picked her up and sat her down on my lap and hugged her tightly. Samantha smiled hugging me back. Emily joined in a couple minutes later. 
"Hey girls." Emily said with a smile. 
"Hey." I smiled back. 
I'm glad we are nearly done with school, college has been fun but once I graduate I get to marry my soulmate." Emily said. 
"I'm so happy for you, I know I say it all the time but I truly am." I said. 
"I can't wait." Emily said smiling. 
"Are you excited for Aunt Emily to be getting married?" I asked Samantha. 
"Yes and I get to be the flower girl." Samantha said excitedly. 
"Yes you do missy." Emily said kissing Samantha's hand. I put Samantha down and closed my books. I was done with homework for the day. 
"I miss daddy." Samantha said. 
"He's going to be back very soon." I said to her.
"I know but he's always leaving to sing for people but sometimes I just wish he would stay here with us..." 
"Sam, you know that his work involved him being away from home a lot." 
"You miss him too, don't you mommy?" 
I sighed and looked at her and nodded. "Of course I do." 
"I'm sorry for being so sad mommy?" 
I pulled her into my arms. "You never have to be sorry about missing your daddy."
"I love you mommy." 
I smiled as I held her in my arms. "I love you too baby, so much." 
"I'm going to my room." Samantha said as she skipped to her room childishly. I smiled as I watched her exit the dining room. Emily and I gave each other the same exact smile before laughing softly. That little girl was such a cutie. 

A couple minutes later I went out for my daily jog. I made it a point to always be in shape. As I came to a stop I leaned against a pole and my eye was drawn to the flyer of auditions for a musical I've always wanted to be in. A production of a new musical was holding auditions. It was called "Born To Be A Star". I took the flyer off the pole and ran back home. When I got home I landed on the couch and looked over the flyer with a smile. It was running for one week only and then touring to other cities. I decided that if I landed a role I would not travel with them but would love to do the shows in Jersey. I couldn't travel at this point in my life. I had to finish school and raise my daughter. Her father was always away for work I was about to make her feel that way through myself as well. 

POV Ryan

My band had been the opener for my brother's world tour. It was one of my most incredible experiences of my life. We finally reached the last leg of the tour. Sunshine and I were still incredibly close. We were in a romantic relationship but things had been rough ever since I started touring with my brothers band. Sunshine had a son and he was nine years old. His name was Daniel. Sunshine had given him her last name since his father wasn't in the picture. Daniel knew I wasn't his father but I was the one he always went to for advice and told me things he couldn't tell her about. I had been a big part of his life, I was there the day he was born and had been there for most of his life. The only times I had ever been away from him was when I was touring. One day at one of the concerts she saw Sophie and Sherrie who were the girlfriends of David and Steven in my brother's band and it turned out they had known each other in high school. I was surprised to learn she dated Steven in high school when they were juniors but it ended shortly after. They met Daniel and all fell in love with the little one. Christine had the pleasure of reuniting with her and Samantha and Daniel became instant friends. I loved the smile on Sunshine's face when she reunited with all of her old friends. When I made more money I bought a large apartment and Sunshine moved in with me. One night before a performance I grabbed my phone and called her. It rang a couple of times and then connected.
"Hello?" she said. 
"Hey baby, how are you and Daniel doing?"
"We're fine, missing you." she said a bit sadly. 
"It's the last leg of the tour, I'll be there soon." I said reassuring her. For a moment she was silent and I knew that she was hurting. It made me feel like such shit, knowing I was causing her to feel this way. 
"I promise." I said in one last attempt to comfort her. 
"I know, I just get lonely sometimes, Daniel misses you too."
"I miss you both too." I said. 

The phone called really messed with my head. I felt terrible leaving the woman I love alone for months at a time. I sighed and put away my phone. I felt someone place a hand on my shoulder. 
"You alright?" Joe asked.
"I'm fine, little bro. I just miss Sunshine and I feel like shit because she's in pain and I can't be with her." 
"The tour is almost over and afterwards we have a small break. I know how you feel I miss Samantha and Christine. I think I'm going to ask her to marry me, I love her so much." Joe said. My eyes widened and I smiled.
"Wow, congrats."
"Don't say that yet, she has to say yes first." 
"Dude I know she will, she is the mother of your children." I said hugging my brother.

When the tour was finally over I arrived home and Sunshine was cooking dinner while Daniel was watching TV. 
"Ryan!" Daniel yelled as he ran over and hugged me. 
Hey there little man!" I said as I chuckled and threw him in the air and caught him.
"You are getting much bigger and that is getting much harder for me to do." I said laughing. I looked over at Sunshine who smiled at us. 
"Come here." I said opening my arms. Sunshine looked down and smiled before running over to me and jumping into my arms. I could hear her squeal softly as she giggled. Sunshine was latched onto me tightly and I tightened my grip around her waist. 
"I missed you so much baby." Sunshine said as she started kissing my cheek. 
"Ditto." I said as I kissed her.
"Gross!" Daniel said making a face making us both laugh. I put her down and plopped on the couch next to Daniel. When Sunshine was done cooking we all sat down at the table and talked about what was going on while I was gone and how the tour went. I mentioned how I had the pleasure of meeting The Runaways manager. 
Yeah, his name is Zachary Taylor. Some blonde pretty boy." I said. Sunshine nearly choked after I mentioned the name.
"You alright there babe?" I asked.
"Oh, um, yeah I just, I thought the name sounded familiar but it doesn't ring a bell." she said.
"Okay, be careful. He doesn't attend every single concert but he's there sometimes keeping us in check." I said as we continued eating. 
"Maybe he can come over for dinner one night." 
"No!" Sunshine yelled. 
"I mean, at least let me get the apartment in order before we invite company." Sunshine. I was worried, she was acting strange but I decided to let it go for the time being.