Chapter fourteen - Narry in Paris

Liam's POV

Most of February and March went by in a blur. My days were filled with college, project work since every single one of our teachers seemed to think it was a great idea to give us some stupid project to work on together, and lots and lots of Louis. He was changing shifts every two weeks now, and he seemed to enjoy them both equally. He loved the peace and quietness of the night shifts, and I loved having him at home for most of the day. He would cook for all of us, and our house was never tidier than when he was at home. The day shifts were a good change, supplying him with the social contact he craved after two weeks of working at night. He looked genuinely happy, the only exception was when he was reminded of the situation with his family.

I still planned on finding a way to get them in touch again, but it proved to be rather difficult. I didn't know his mum's address to begin with, and even when I would find out, I could hardly walk up to her door and tell her to call Louis. Niall had suggested to write her a letter, which I finally did, but I still needed the right address to send it to.

As the first of April neared, the Paris fever from our semi-roommates reached new heights. Harry and Niall would go there for 3 days over the Easter holidays. Harry was just over-excited and stuffing their days with all sorts of things he wanted to do and see while they were there, and Niall was fretting about there not being enough time to do all of it. Apparently he had a special evening planned for them, which had to be kept secret from Harry, but he was becoming afraid that Harry wouldn't have time for it.

The first Monday of the holidays, I got up early to say goodbye to them, all of us hoping Louis would make it home on time before their taxi arrived.

It was almost five thirty, so we decided to get their bags downstairs, they had no less than three, for three friggin' days in Paris, leaving us more time to say our goodbyes when Louis finally walked through the front door. He just hugged the both of them and kissed me goodmorning before walking up the stairs, obviously in need of sleep after his night shift.

“Bye Haz, make sure you have some free time too, okay?” I said softly in order not to awake the neighbours while holding him tight before moving on to Niall. “Good luck matey,” I whispered, accompanied with a wink.

“Take care Li, and call me if you need me okay?” his eyes searched for mine before letting go.

“I won't call you on your romantic trip to Paris Niall, I'll be just fine.” I messed up his hair before he pulled me in a hug once again.

“You know what I mean Li. Take care, and it's fine if you need me.” He gave me another knowing look to which I only nodded, letting him know that I indeed knew what he was talking about. I didn't want to elaborate any further, afraid I would lose my composure if I did. Niall opened his mouth again, as if he wanted to say something else, but I was happy to see their taxi pulled up in front. I kissed them both on the cheek before waving them off.

Niall's POV

All the way to the train station, and the first hour of the actual train ride, Harry kept ranting about what he wanted to see in Paris and how he had planned all three of our days there so we could manage all of it.

“Harreeeeeeh!” I whined, right before we would enter the tunnel. “Please shut your pretty mouth and let me sleep a bit before we arrive, or I'll have to spend most of our time there in bed, and your schedule will be completely useless.”

He looked at me, as if he considered what I just said before giving me just a curt nod, and made himself comfortable on the seat to catch some sleep. I turned around, pulled up my hood  so it fell over my eyes, letting my head rest on the window.