Chapter Twenty-seven - Sunshine, lollypops and rainbows

Louis' POV

I woke up feeling a bit lonely, and confused about where I was. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, realising I was in my old bedroom at home, and Liam had apparently woken up already. The curtain was blown up by the wind that came into the room through the open window, probably Liam's work, and carried girly giggles with it. I could hear Phoebe and Daisy laugh and yell, probably playing in the garden. I grabbed the curtain to open it and was surprised by the chilly wind that hit my chest as I leaned out of the window, finding my sisters and Liam in the garden, talking and laughing together. 

"Liaaaaaam, come and push us on the swings!" Daisy exclaimed as she scrambled to her feet and ran to the swingset in the back of the garden. I smiled at the sight downstairs and took a quick shower before getting dressed in red capris and a blue Tshirt. Mum was singing along to the radio in the kitchen when I walked in, finishing her famous humus while a colourful tajine was on the stove. I grabbed a piece of bread from the basket before I kissed her goodmorning.

"Don't ruin your appetite Louis, I made your favourite for lunch." she smiled as she put away the spices she'd used, tasting the humus with her pink. "Hmmm. Perfect. Liam's in the garden with the girls, if you want to join them."

"Chicken tajine with apricots? Yum. Do you need any help mum?"

"No, I'm finished here, it'll be done in about an hour. I'm gonna go and finish some ironing, so you can go out if you like." I kissed her on the cheeck en did as she told me, but not before I made some iced tea for all of us. 

I walked out and put the can and the glasses on the garden table and looked around to see where everyone was. Lottie and Fizz both laid spread out on the sunbeds, soaking up the sun in their bikinis while they read a book or a magazine. I shoved both of them to the side so I could lay down in the middle, my arms around my sisters shoulders while I watched Liam try to give the twins equal amounts of attention while pushing them on the swings. He really was good with kids, the girls obviously loved them and kept on giggling as he joked around or tickled them. I lowered my sunglasses and a smile was plastered on my face the entire time, until the three of them came to a halt in their game of tag, right in front of me, each holding a nerf gun. Where did they come from all of a sudden? Craptidoo.

"Hey hey, no water here, Lottie's reading a library book!" I quickly shouted before they could aim properly.

"Oh I'll be happy to go inside and help mum with lunch so my book is out of the way Lou, don't you worry." Lottie added in a sly voice. I lifted my sunglasses and shot daggers at her, but she just smiled kindly before she picked up her glass of iced tea and went inside, followed shortly by Fizz, who didn't even made the effort to hide her evil grin. Nice. An evil grin was exactly what was on the faces of Liam, Daisy and Phoebe. He crouched down and whispered something in their ear, which made me even more worried, but I took the opportunity to scramble to the edge of the sunbeds and try to run as fast and as far away from them as I could. Too bad Liam's stamina outdid mine any time, and I swear he was a leopard in a previous life, he was faster than lightning. Or almost, at least, so it didn't take him more than ten seconds to catch up with me and tackle me to the ground. I tried to fight him off for a few minutes, throwing him off my back as I crawled a few feet forward, but he would soon launch himself back at me and drag me down, so in the end I just gave up and let him turn me to my back.

Liam's POV

He kept trying to escape, but it was useless. I was faster and stronger than him, although the work in the bakery had given him quite some strenght, so it was not too hard to pin him down beneath me. He panted as I turned him to his back and I felt an evil grin cross my face as I pinned his arms next to his head.