Chapter Twenty-six - Hey there stranger

Louis' POV

"Good luck next week Lou, let us know how it went, okay?" Karen said for the hundreth time in two days when she hugged me at the train station. She had offered to drive us back to London, but that would've been ridiculous when we could take the train and save her the trip. It had been great spending some time with her and Ruth again, I loved them to bits already, even when we'd only seen each other three times now. Liam and I used the time on the train to talk a bit, cuddle and play a few games of cards. Nothing special, but it was comfortable. I loved how we didn't need any goal or specific subject to talk about to enjoy each others company. 

Work would start again for me the next morning, another week of day shifts from 8am until 4pm, except for Saturday. The bakery closed at 2pm so I got off early, and Liam would come and pick me up to go home to Doncaster. Liam was planning on spending most of the week at home or at the library, researching for his bachelor scription that was due next June, but had agreed to join Harry, Niall, Zayn and Helen on their two day trip to Brighton on Wednesday and Thursday. Not before he had asked me a thousand times if I was sure that I was okay with him being away for two whole days and a night while I was home alone.

The first two days of the week went by rather quickly, and I didn't particularly like the fact that I would come home to an empty house when I woke up on Wednesday. Even Harry and Niall were already up and about when I entered the kitchen to make myself some tea. We still had the tradition of having breakfast together at the bakery before opening, so I joined them at the table with just my cup of tea in hand when Liam walked in. The look on his face was a strange mixture of happiness and excitement, and dread and sadness on the other hand. I pulled him on my lap and nuzzled my face in his neck, inhaling his familiar scent and pressing small kisses on his tanned skin. "I'll miss you." He turned around on my lap, both of his legs on my left side as he turned his upper body to face me. "I can still cancel and stay at home, with you, if you want?" he replied, but we both knew that would be completely silly and unnecessary.

"I'll be just fine Bambi, you go to Brighton and enjoy yourself. I'll be working most of the time anyway, and I'm going to McDo and the movies with Tom and Kevin tonight, so I won't even have time to spend with you if you stay at home."

Five cuddle-filled minutes later I really had to say goodbye to the three of them and jump on my bike to work. It was quite busy, even if schools hadn't started yet, so time went by quickly and before I knew it, it was already 4pm so I could go home and take a shower. I said goodbye to Libby and locked the door behind me before I took off. I'd be meeting Tom and Kevin at the McDonalds near the cinema at 6pm, so we could catch the 7pm screening at the cinema. Tom and Kevin both wanted to see the Hobbit, so I agreed, but it was every bit as boring as I expected, and I hardly even managed to stay awake all the way through. I politely refused going out for drinks after, since they would probably only talk about the movie anyway, I remembered very well how it went with the Lord of the Rings-movies when we were in high school, and went home and straight to bed after texting Liam for a bit. At least he was having fun in Brighton, or so it seemed.

Liam's POV

It had been really fun spending some time in Brighton, swimming, lazying around at the beach, spending way too much money at the pier. It would've been even better with Louis, but the others tried their hardest to make me forget I missed him. Thursday around four, they couldn't handle my moping and whining any longer, so we got in the car to drive back to London, back to my boyfriend. I texted Louis incessantly during the ride, letting him know how much I'd missed him and how much I longed to be back with him. He seemed to be sharing my feelings, and that was confirmed when he threw the door to the flat open as soon as I reached our landing. He took my bag out of my hands and threw it in the hallway before he wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up, spinning me around before taking me inside and kissing me forcefully.