Chapter thirty-eight - Revisiting the past

Louis’ POV

I groaned to the light that came into our bedroom and hoped the pounding in my skull would stop, even if I knew it wouldn’t. It had been Niall and Harry’s stag do yesterday, and it had been an extremely good party, including marvelous music, embarrassing things for them to do and lots and lots of alcohol. A bit too much alcohol, maybe. I don’t even remembered how on earth we made it home, only that the sun was already rising when we finally walked out of their new house that needed a good cleaning session after the passage of hurricane Narry.

Liam still was completely passed out next to me, so I tried to get out of bed as quietly as possible and without moving my head too much to go and get some painkillers before taking a shower. It took me about an hour to feel a little bit more human and I trusted my stomach to keep some food down. I had a bowl of cereal and decided I’d be a nice boyfriend and bring Liam some painkillers as well. He was actually awake when I walked into our bedroom but obviously equally hung over as I had been earlier. Even the sound of the glass of water on the bedside table made him cringe and it took him a lot of effort to sit up so he could swallow the tablets with a bit of water. I kissed his forehead and rubbed his back for a little while, and just hoped he would be completely recovered by tonight.

Maybe it hadn’t been my brightest idea to plan a surprise date on the night after Narry’s stag do, but I couldn’t wait any longer. I’d been waiting for a while before I decided to stop waiting and just take the matters in my own hands, and then I didn’t want to postpone it too long. Liam was recovered a fair bit after half an hour, and I changed my clothes after I’d picked some for him while he showered.

He came back into our bedroom wearing nothing but his tight black boxer shorts that always made me want to moan out loud, looked a lot better than he had done before, and smelled a lot better too. “You look fancy?” he said as he walked over to the wardrobe where he found the clothes I’d picked out for him. “Didn’t know we had any plans?”

“That’s because it was a surprise.” I smiled brightly before I kissed him softly, my lips lingering on his a little too long to be the simple peck I had intended. I chuckled as his tongue trailed along my bottom lip and eagerly asked for entrance. “Dress first, surprise second, and continue this last.” I winked as I pulled back. “We’re leaving in an half an hour, so hurry baby. I know you need to fix your hair.” He huffed at me and ran a hand through his damp locks before I turned around to go and style my own hair in its usual windswept way. It would be so much easier if it was only just windswept, but there was an entire philosophy and quite some work behind it. I was pleased enough with it ten minutes later, when Liam joined me in the bathroom to do his own hair and just watched him get ready while I sat on the toilet seat. We had about 10 minutes left before we really needed to get going, but it was nice outside so I decided we’d just get going anyway, walking to our first stop since it wasn’t that far.

Liam looked pleasantly surprised when we ended up at his favourite restaurant and smiled brightly when the waiter left us alone at a table near the window. “You prepared a proper date then?” he asked as he looked at me over the menu he held in his hands.

I chuckled and pretended to be offended. “What did you think, that it was just a mockery?”

“Ugh you, no, I just didn’t expect this tonight. But I like it. So thanks in advance.”

“You’re welcome bambi. I thought we needed to have another date with all the work piling up on you and me being away so much and Narry taking up all our free time at the weekends.” I smiled, putting my menu down now I had decided on what I wanted and I sipped my glass of soda water. I had been so drunk that I felt like I never wanted to drink again, though I knew that I wouldn’t keep that promise very long. Not even an entire day, actually, if everything went according to plan.