Chapter Twenty-one - Date night

Liam's POV

"Mum, would you please stop worrying? We're going to be fine, you know? It's not the first time that I'm going on holiday alone, and I'm not even alone, there's six of us, remember?"

I rolled my eyes at Louis who was in front of the wardrobe, hair damp from the shower and clad only in his boxers. He chuckled and turned around, trying to decide what clothes he would wear to work. It was his last day, or rather night, of work at the bakery before our three week holiday together. 

Our exam results had come in two weeks ago, a few days after our visit to Lou's mum, and we all appeared to have passed, even Zayn, who was sure he had failed at least two exams. We decided we had to celebrate this with a camping trip, and finally made plans for all six of us to go to France. We'd be leaving on the Eurostar on monday, and in Paris we would transfer to the TGV which would take us to Marseille, where a rented mini-bus would wait for us to do whatever we liked for two whole weeks. We all looked forward to it, but Louis and I probably the most with all of the stressful events of these last few months. 

Louis smirked as he walked up to me, now fully dressed. He kissed my lips and said "Bye Karen, see you soon!" into my phone before he skipped out of the room.

"Yes, I have already been to the bank to get us money and to make sure my credit card will work in France. Listen mum, I really have to go now, Louis is leaving for work and I want to say goodbye." I said, using her soft spot for my boyfriend as an excuse to get her off the phone. 

"Aaargh mothers!" I exclaimed after pressing the end call button. Louis sniggered at me, leaning against the door frame, chewing on the turkey-sandwich I had made him earlier. 

"I'm really out now bambi, or I'll be late. Make sure you wake me up at two tomorrow, for our big date, okay? We don't want to be late!"

I had given up on trying to find out what this big date would be, as I soon picked up on the fact that he obviously wanted to take revenge for our first date when I had surprised him completely. 

"What-ever Tomlinson. Go sweat your head off in that hot bakery of yours, but please do take a shower before you come to bed this time yeah? Smelly cat!" I teased, sending him a wink and a small wave. He stuck his tongue out and turned, walking out of the flat about a minute later.

I got up from my bed and looked around the room, trying to remember my to do-list for the holidays. I was almost done with washing and ironing, and most of our clothes were already packed. The only thing I needed to do was go and buy a decent tent for us tomorrow morning. I used to have one at home, but Ruth had taken a look at it and it didn't seem very waterresistant anymore, so we needed a new one.

I decided there wasn't much left to do for me at this time, so I went in to the living room, finding Niall and Harry rummage through our games cabinet. I took a look at the pile of boxes that were already on the table, obviously ready to be packed. 

"Twister? Really guys?" I sniggered as I picked up the box.

"It's fun!" Niall defended himself before turning around and looking through the rest of the games we had. He turned around empty-handed. "I think this will do. Any more plans for tonight Liam?"

I shook my head. "No, not really, why?"

"Want to come out for a drink? William and Gemma are coming too."

I thought about it for a while but decided I'd best stay in, certainly their night out would hold a lot of alcohol, and I wanted to be fresh for our date tomorrow. I waved goodbye to them as they walked out a couple of minutes later and flipped through the channels, finally settling with a Dawsons Creek rerun. I loved this episode, where Joey and Pacey got locked up in a convenience store and Joey shaves Pacey's beard before they kiss. I pressed the red button on the remote control when the credits started running across the screen and got to bed.