Chapter fifteen - Let me love you

Louis' POV

I woke up around 2pm, happy I had managed to sleep in a bit, as I always got a lack of sleep by the end of my two weeks of night shifts. I wasn't a very good daytime sleeper, apparently. Our room was empty, so I got out of bed, not bothering to put any clothes on since Harry and Niall were off to Paris. I found Liam on the couch, staring at the TV, and obviously not really registering what he was looking at. Or that's what I suppose, since he was watching TV-shop, where they tried to sell some kind of sophisticated new sort of bra.

“Hey babe, what's up?” I asked softly as I bent over the back of the couch, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Oh, hey Lou. Nothing much, just watching errrr... TV-shop apparently.” he replied, half a smile tugging on his lips.

I chuckled before walking around the couch and making myself comfortable in his lap. His arms found their way around my waist, almost automatically, while I rested my head upon his shoulder.

“What's for dinner?” he asked while I ran my fingers through his hair. It had been cut by now and was usually styled into a sideways kind of mohawk, but he hadn't bothered to do that today, obviously not planning to go anywhere.

I shrugged. “Dunno, thought we could get some take-away sushi, or pizza or something. Don't feel like cooking today.”

“Sure. That's fine love. If you're hungry, there's some left overs from dinner yesterday in the fridge. Now that Niall isn't here to finish them.”

I nodded, getting up to prepare myself some lunch. Something seemed off about Liam, he seemed a bit distant, sad or worried maybe, I couldn't lay my finger upon it, but he wasn't completely himself.

When I made my way back to the living room, he was back to his normal, sweet and happy self, so I shrugged it off. Maybe he was just a bit bored and lonely, waiting for me to get up. It would get better on Thursday, when I had a couple of days off and Niall and Harry were back from Paris.

The next day, I woke up to a completely empty flat. I took a long shower hoping Liam would be back when I got out, but I was still on my own after that. When I had picked out my clothes for the day and had put a new load of laundry into the washing machine, putting the other one in the dryer, I decided to obey my rumbling stomach and fixed myself a bowl of cereal. It was only then that I noticed the small note on the counter.

Hey babez. I'm out, don't know when I'll be back, so don't wait for me to have dinner. I'll fix myself something. If I'm not back in time, be careful at work, and see you tomorrow. Love, Li.”

It wasn't like him to go out for such a long time, or at least not without letting me know beforehand. I waited as long as I could to have dinner, hoping he would be home before I had to leave for work, but there was no sign from him, not even a single text message. I decided to text him myself before running downstairs to my bike.

I missed you today bambi... You alright? See you tomorrow. Love ya.

I felt my phone buzz while I was on my bike, so I eagerly pulled out my phone before opening the back door to the bakery.

I missed you too, and love you more. See you tomorrow. XX

I greeted Libby's husband Carl and got to work. It was scorchingly hot in the bakery by the time I finished at 5. I pulled off my apron, leaving it in the laundry basket before I greeted a tired looking Libby who just walked in and said my goodbyes to Carl. Only one more nightshift to go before I had a few days off. I took a glance at my phone and frowned at the message I had received from Liam, at 3am.