Chapter Twenty-three - Drunk twister

Sorry, it's really really short but I wanted to upload before I go away to the beach for the weekend, with my wonderful wife, my parents and the two cute toddlers that my nieces are. Soooo, here you are.

FYI, Sanne, the one shot will be longer and smuttier ;)

Niall’s POV

I stared at the orange flames that were slowly erupting from the paper and wood that was stacked into the fire basket. Good thing Liam had always been the fire starter at home, he could set anything on fire within a minute. Including me, when we were still together. And judging from the look on Louis’ face sometimes, he still had that special power.

I felt my face glowing from the fire, even though it wasn’t really big yet, and probably from the sun too. Even though I had applied high protection sun screen repeatedly today, my face still had the colour of a ripe tomato. Stupid Irish genes and light skin. I was propped up against Harry’s chest, his arms around my waist while I sat between his legs. I loved having a boyfriend who was taller than I am. Not that it was hard to find someone taller than me, but still, you get the picture. I took a look around our little circle and felt truly happy to be here with all of them, my best friends ever.

Liam finally decided the fire could do on its own for now, and took his seat next to Louis who soon scooted over to cuddle. I smiled at the sight, happy my best friend and ex-boyfriend had found happiness again. He really deserved it. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt cold, Harry had gotten up and was rummaging through the shopping bags that were stacked in our tent. He got out a few minutes later with the three bottles of pastis he had bought earlier. Louis got out of their tent with six glasses and two bottles of mineral water. I got curious about this whole pastis-thing, Harry seemed really full of it, yet none of the others had ever tasted it, including me.

I grinned at Harry when he handed me my glass, half filled with the liquor, gesturing me to fill it up with water, which I did. I waited until Harry was back at my side, a bit disappointed he didn’t sit behind me again though, and the rest had their drinks as well to take the first sip. It tasted... a bit weird. But the good kind of weird.

Three glasses later, it felt like I was drinking lemonade, although our giggles told us otherwise. Good thing we were in a secluded area of the campsite, where we could stay up late to talk, laugh and sing, because we would’ve gotten ourselves some angry neighbours otherwise.

I noticed two empty bottles lying next to my head, I didn’t know what time it was anymore, but I did know we were having quite a lot of fun. All of us were pretty drunk by now, Helen was on the other side of the circle, giggling like crazy while she pointed something out to Zayn, although I couldn’t see or understand what it was. Liam and Louis were snogging, which proved Liam was pretty drunk as he had a kind of strict rule about PDA, even in front of friends. My head was resting in Harry’s lap while his fingers brushed through my hair. I had originally planned to make this a cliché campfire night with guitar playing and singing, but I didn’t think I would manage to play the right chords to any song now.

I let my mind wander around for ideas about what we could do next. It seemed like the night would end soon if I didn’t come up with one soon, and I really didn’t want that to happen. Holiday nights should be everlasting. Suddenly it dawned upon me, I giggled at the thought of a light bulb appearing over my head. Harry’s eyes met mine, a questioning look on his face as I sat up, raising my finger as I spoke.

“Guys!” I giggled as I noticed my voice was slurring. “We should play twister!”

Harry chuckled at my suggestion, I glared at him. Twister was just a really fun game to play, especially when everyone was drunk. Now stop judging me, it’s true!

Louis’ POV

I smiled at the moan escaping from Liam’s throat while our tongues danced together. I tasted the liquor on his lips, knowing he could taste it on mine too. I rolled him on his back, putting my body on top of his, kissing him forcefully when I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I tried to ignore it but then I felt it again. I growled at the interruption and looked up, getting off of Liam who scrambled to his feet, blushing like he only then realised we weren’t alone. Niall was looking down at me, grinning like a mad man and swaying on his feet a little bit.

“Sorry to interrupt your not so private time, but we’re playing twister!” he exclaimed cheerily. Liam groaned but quickly shut his mouth when he received a stern look from Niall, who then turned to grin at Harry when the latter came out of the tent, the box in his hands.

We all got to our feet and moved a bit further away from the fire out of security precautions. We didn’t really want to end up in a hospital on our second day of holiday. Niall spread out the plastic blanket-thingie and put his finger up next to his face as he explained the rules.

“Right, so basically you twist the arrow, and you do what it tells you, for example right foot on a red dot. Whenever you touch the floor with something else than your foot or hand, you lose. That’s where the special rules come in. When you lose, you can either leave the game and wait until there’s a winner, or you can drink another shot of pastis, ad fundum and then you can play again. Any questions?”

We all shook our heads at Niall who looked as if his face would split from grinning.

“Good! I’ll start. Right foot on yellow.” He put in a lot of theatrical drama as he put his right foot on one of the yellow dots before he passed the little board with the arrow to Harry.

Good 30 minutes later, Zayn laid next to the game board, Helen resting her head on his stomach. They had decided they felt too nauseous from hanging head down and got out of the game before something nasty happened, so they were given the important task to twist the arrow for us.

“Harry! Left foot on green!” Zayn shouted.

“Yes! It’s already there!” Harry cheered, happy he didn’t have to bend his body in any stranger angles.

To give you an idea what we looked like at this time: my right foot was on a red dot on one end of the board, while my left was on a green one, at the other side. My left hand was on blue, the row next to the red one, and the right one on the green dot next to my left foot. Not very comfortable. My face was inches away from Niall’s crotch as he was trying to maintain his hussle of limbs without falling over. Liam was bended backwards underneath Harry, who seemed to be in the most awkward angle of all of us, facing my crotch while his left arm was stuck in between Liam’s legs.

It only took a few more limb movements for all of us to lose our balance at the same time, toppling over and ending up in one giant mess of limbs, giggling our heads off.

No matter how awkward our positions, Niall had been right about the fun in it. When the laughter finally died down, we freed ourselves from each others strange embraces and got back on our feet, putting away the game supplies before we decided to keep the last bottle of liquor for the next day and get some sleep.