2. Idea

"Tyler Joseph..."

"Joshua Dun," Tyler replied with a grin as he balanced his phone between his shoulder and his ear, continuing to fold the laundry in front of him. "What's up?"

"I have a proposition for you my kind sir."

"And what would that be?"

"Come over and you'll see."

"Being cheeky, are we?" Tyler teased.

"When am I not?"

"Am I the only one coming? Is this a Best Friends Only thing? Or is the whole gang coming?"

"Gang? What is this? Fucking Scooby-Doo?"

"Do you want me to come over?" Tyler narrowed his eyes even though he knew Josh couldn't see him.

"Fine, fine. I surrender," pause. "Pleeaaasee come over?"

"I guess," Tyler sighed jokingly. "Give me fifteen minutes I'm doing laundry and you live kinda far."

"I live three blocks away."

"Okay, yes... but pizza was ordered and I want a piece."

"Bring me one!"

"What the hell? No."

---

"Tyler!"

"Hey, Mrs. Dun," he smiled as Josh mom pulled him into hug upon opening the door.

"Don't be foolish, you've been friends with Josh for forever. You know you can call me Laura."

"I know but it's respectful and I'm respectful," he joked.

"That I can agree with. For the love of God, please rub off on my son," she joked back.

"I can hear you!" Josh hollered from his bedroom upstairs.

"Then come greet your friend!" She yelled back throwing her hands down in faux disbelief.

"Coming Mother!"

A second later, Josh did in fact appear, his red hair all over the place. "Did you bring me pizza?"

"No!" Tyler laughed.

"Josh, leave your poor friend alone," Laura kid, hitting him with the dish rag she had in her hand. "Oh, Tyler! I just made brownies if you want one!"

"I'm good, thank you though."

"Wait, why didn't you tell me you made brownies?" Josh pouted.

"Because you don't need anymore sugar."

"Ooh, roasted!"

"Jordan, shut up!" Josh yelled at his brother. He shook his head before looking at Tyler. "C'mon lets go to my room. I want to show you my idea," he grabbed the brunette's hand and started pulling him away from the front door, earning a laugh from him as well.

Once they entered the room, Josh hurriedly shut the door and rushed him over to his bed, motioning for Tyler to sit down. It was then that he noticed all the papers on his bed as well as his laptop open and a pencil on top of one sheet with writing on it. Josh picked it up and held it in front of Tyler's face.

His eyes drifted across as he read the words. "The Now List?"

"Yeah! It's a bucket list!"

"A bucket list? Why?"

Josh set it down before looking Tyler in the eye. "After your monologue at Pete's last night I started thinking. I've known you for nine whole ass years and I'm the closest to you out of our friend group. You're going off to some fancy school while I'm staying here in Columbus and I'm gonna miss you. I figured that since we had a few months and time to kill we could each make bucket lists and help one another complete them!"

"Princeton isn't that fancy of a s–"

"We argue about this every time and I win every time."

He knew he was right so instead, Tyler sat silently for a moment, pondering. "I mean, that's not a bad idea... that's actually kind of smart," he looked at his friend with wide eyes. "Who are you and what have you done with Josh?"

"Shut up!" He shoved Tyler lightly. "So are you down?"

"Yeah, sure. What do you have so far?"

"Um... kind of cliché but it helped me think of this. I want to skydive," Josh said with a sheepish grin.

"Oh God," Tyler covered his face with his hands. "And this is just the first one?" he mumbled.

"Yeah..." he abruptly stood up before handing Tyler a piece of paper and walking over to get a pencil for him. Once he grabbed it, he went over to his speaker and turned it on. Sitting back down, he handed his friend the pencil and unlocked his phone. A moment later, music began to softly play in his bedroom and he set his phone back down before setting a binder that must've been lost between the other sheets of paper on Tyler's lap, adding another to his own.

"And now, we write."

The two boys don't know how long they stayed there, racking their brain for. Laura came in from time to time to bring Josh his laundry or to get the water glass he left on his nightstand. Abbie had even wandered in, asking if Josh had seen her the charger for her 3DS. Of course, he only mumbled a 'no' before yelling at her to get out of his room.

Finally, Tyler let out a sound of frustration. "How many do you have so far?"

"Six. And I think we should stop at 10."

"Yeah that sounds good. What do you have written down?"

"Skydive, get a tattoo, pull an all nighter, get high, meet someone famous, and skinny dip," he listed off before looking up at Tyler, only to laugh at his white face and wide eyes. "Ty, you don't have to do the drug and needle stuff. It's just stuff I want to do, but I want you there for it. I'd appreciate if you did some of the other stuff with me though."

"We'll see. You have a lot of... edgy... stuff on there. Add something cute!"

"Ew. Why? What do you have?"

"So far? I have... have a picnic in a park, climb a tree, ride a horse, visit a farm, go on a horse and carriage ride through the park, and stargaze."

"Gag me with a spoon those are all booorinngg."

"No they're not!" Tyler defended. "They're stuff I want to do!"

"If I have to add something cute you have to add something 'edgy'," Josh bargained, using quotation marks around the word Tyler used to describe his list.

"Boys," Laura interrupted the two, popping her head. "Josh, your father wants to go out for dinner tonight. Tyler, you can join us if you'd like."

"No thank you–"

"Tyler," Josh groaned. "Stop being so polite to my mom, she's practically your mom and teenage boys are supposed to hate their moms. Just come with us, we can get some brain fuel and then come back to finish our list."

"Fine," Tyler laughed at Josh's wording.

"Great! I'll tell your father!"