6. Exhilarated

"Hiya Barbie! Hi Ken! Do you wanna go for a ride? Sure, Ken. Jump in! I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world. Life in plastic, so fantastic! You can brush my hair, undress me—"

"Oh my God, Brendon, shut up! People are staring," Josh groaned causing the rest of their friends to laugh.

Tyler was currently at the mall with Josh, Dallon, Brendon, Jenna, and Hayley since everyone else was busy.

"Why is Sarah even with you?" Dallon shook his head.

"Cause you broke up with me," Brendon sighed dramatically. "Broke my heart! Shattered! In pieces!"

"Brendon you dumped me," Dallon scoffed. "And we dated for two weeks freshman year before realizing it was too awkward."

"Wouldn't be opposed to trying again," Brendon said playfully sending the older a wink. Tyler noticed Dallon look down, a blush on his face.

"Can't believe you'd do Sarah dirty like that," Jenna joked.

"Well I mean I'll do her dirty in another way..."

"Stop!" Hayley interrupted. "Conversation over! I don't wanna hear about your straight sex!" she put her hands over her ears.

"I love babysitting," Tyler sighed earning a laugh from everyone as Josh nudged his shoulder.

"Wanna go to Hot Topic?" The redhead asked, smile on his face. Tyler saw the way his eyes twinkled excitedly.

"Sure," he smiled back as they lead the group towards the retail store. Upon entering, they heard the soft punk music overhead and were instantly greeted by an employee with long purple hair and piercings littering her face. Tyler counted ones on her lip, nose, eyebrow, and then had about five in each ear. She smiled at them, making her lip ring glimmer in the dim lighting. "Welcome guys! Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Nope, I think we're good," Dallon offered. "Thanks though."

"Of course. If you need anything I'll be around the store. Mine name's Elsie," she told them before going back to refolding the shirts on a shelf.

They walked around the store, making conversation and attempting jokes at the half and half of unicorn and black. Hayley even made a comment upon seeing a Hayley Kiyoko shirt. ("I love sharing a name with the lesbian Jesus herself.")

Suddenly, Brendon gasped and went over to a hoodie that was hanging on a rack. It was from some band Tyler didn't recognize. "Oh my God I didn't know they carried their merch!" he exclaimed happily. "This is so cool!" his smile dropped when he checked the price tag. "Forty five fucking dollars? That's a lot."

"Not so cool for that much, right?" Tyler joked, walking up behind him.

"Shut up, Tyler. You just have to ask your parents for something and you get it right away. You get everything you want," Brendon replied. He dropped the hoodie and went back to his friends who had been looking at pins. Tyler swallowed hard and bit his lip to avoid crying. He hated when his friends did this. No one understood or knew how shitty his home life was. No one but Josh.

He took a deep breath to recollect himself and plastered a fake smile on his face, rejoining everyone.

They continued to look around and talk for about fifteen more minute before they were approached by a guy with right red hair that matched Josh's when it wasn't so faded and had on a name tag that said 'Gerard'. Tyler recognized him as someone who had graduated their high school when he was a sophomore. "Um," he spoke in a bored voice, gaining the whole group's attention. "My coworker thinks you guys are gonna steal something since you just keep looking and walking around and you've been here for like half an hour."

"Oh um," Tyler blinked. "We're just–"

"They've caught on! Run!" Hayley shouted as she bolted from the store, holding Jenna's hand. Brendon looked at everyone with wide eyes before grabbing Dallon's and running after her.

"Hey!" Gerard yelled. "Security!"

"No way in hell am I letting my friends get in trouble," Josh mumbled, this time grabbing Tyler's hand leading them out of the store. Everything was a blur as the two raced through the top floor of the mall. Tyler could make out the heads of blonde hair just a few feet in front of them.

"Get back here!" A security guard shouted as he followed them. Josh pounded down the escalator, his grip on Tyler tight. The two continued as they passed stores such as Victoria's Secret, Forever 21, Claire's, JCPenny, and Journeys.

They were nearing the exit when two security guards ran in front of it. Hayley and Jenna suddenly stopped, causing the four to bump into them. Four more guards came from behind them, blocking them off. One of them grasped Hayley's arms as she wiggled around. "Stop or I'll tase you," he threatened.

"I didn't steal anything!" She confessed, stopping. The guard looked her straight in the eyes. "I swear," she panted out.

He looked at their skeptically. She sighed and stuffed her hands in her pockets to show that she didn't have anything. Then she opened her purse and showed him the contents. "My phone, ID, money, chapstick, and old Chipotle gift card, and tampons," Hayley said.

"I didn't need to know that last part," he said gruffly. "And if you didn't steal anything then why the hell did you bolt out of that store?"

She shrugged. "I dunno. I was bored and figured if he was gonna accuse us of stealing I'd rile him up."

"Damn teens," the guard shook his head. "Get out of here before I have you arrested and banned. Now!"

Security moved out of the way so the group could leave. As soon as they walked out Hayley busted out laughing, Brendon following and shortly everyone else did too. Everyone except Tyler.

"What the fuck, Hayley?" Tyler shouted, face red from a mixture of embarrassment and exercise.

"Chill out, it was just a joke. Besides, they're not even gonna remember this the next time we come."

"Jokes are funny! That was not funny!" he told her as they made their way to Jenna's SUV.

"Ty," Josh put a hand on his shoulder. "Relax. We're okay," he shot him a lopsided grin.

"Is anyone hungry? We could go to the pub by my house," Jenna suggested as she unlocked her vehicle.

"The one with the really good cheese fries?" Brendon asked hopefully.

"The one and only."

"Yes! God, yes," Brendon groaned. "I'm gonna have a foodgasm just thinking about it."

"Stop talking," Dallon shook his head. "Get in the very back and put your seat belt on. Stay silent."

Brendon saluted before getting in, Dallon following. Josh put the middle row of seats back before looking at Tyler. "You down? I know you're kind of upset and if you don't wanna go I'll have Jenna drop us off at my house since it's close by."

"I'll go but I'm still pissed," he huffed.

Little did everyone else know, Tyler Joseph wasn't pissed. He was exhilarated.