34. Tickets

"Josh! Tyler!"

Josh was laying on his bed with Tyler, the shorter in front of him while Josh played with his fluffy hair. He heard his sister yell their names and before he could get Tyler off of him the door opened. "Oh," Ashley spoke upon seeing them cuddling. "Are you two... um..."

"Together?" Josh asked, his throat tight. His whole family was raised catholic so he had no idea how they would respond.

"Yeah..."

"Um, yeah. We're dating," he looked at her worriedly.

All she did was break out into a smile. "I knew it," she whispered. "Now Tyler's officially a Dun," she told them.

"We're not ma—"

"Sorry can't hear you," she interrupted Josh making him and Tyler laugh. "Anyway I need your guys' help."

"With what?" Tyler asked as Josh trailed his finger up and down his hand. "Josh, stop," he laughed. "That tickles."

"Sorry," Josh snickered. He looked over and saw a happy look on Ashley's face and he felt ten times better now he knew at least she accepted him.

"Um, I'm trying to win concert tickets. The twenty first person who calls in and answers the question correctly gets free meet and greet tickets to the show. They're starting the competition in five minutes."

"What concert?" Josh asked.

"5 Seconds of Summer," Ashley grinned sheepishly. "I know it's kinda lame but you know I've loved them forever."

"We're down to help," Tyler told her. "There's no guarantee we'll get the tickets but we can try. How many are there?"

"Three."

"Okay," Josh nodded. "Go get your phone and come sit in here with us."

"Alright," Ashley smiled before leaving to do what Josh said, coming back moments later. She was also carrying their family iPad and Josh could hear the person on the radio station subtly talking.

She sat down on the bed with the two boys and set the iPad in the middle, turning the volume all the way up.

"Alright that was Copycat by Billie Eilish!" The radio host said enthusiastically. "She's such a wonderful girl stay tuned for this Friday where she comes into the station for an interview. Now is the moment you've all been waiting for: the contest to win three free meet and greet tickets to see 5 Seconds of Summer this Monday, July 18th in Columbus. The twenty first caller will be given a question and if answered correctly they will be rewarded the free tickets! Are you listeners ready? The number is 1-888-555-5SOS. Once again the number is 1-888-555-5SOS. Get calling and good luck!"

As soon as the number was said the first time, all three were tapping rapidly on their phone to try and get it called. They ended up hitting the green button at the same relative time and everyone waited while the phones rang in anticipated harmony.

"We're now on the line with caller number twenty one! What is your name?"

It took them a second to realize that not only was the sound coming out of the iPad, but also Josh's phone. He suddenly froze up and couldn't talk.

"Caller number twenty one? Are you there? If not we'll be forced to answer another call!"

"Hi, sorry!" Tyler spoke for his boyfriend, making Josh let out a relieved sigh. "I'm Tyler."

"Well hello, Tyler! How are you doing?"

"Great thanks for asking," Josh saw Ashley's excited facial expression and the soft smile on Tyler's face due to how happy she was. Josh was so in love with this boy. "You?"

"I'm doing good myself thanks for asking!" The host replied. "Are you ready for you question? You'll have forty five second to answer it and it must be correct in order to win the tickets."

"I'm ready," Tyler told him. Josh wasn't ready. He honestly had no idea what the question was going to be.

"5 Seconds of Summer recently covered the song Killer Queen for the movie Bohemian Rhapsody. What day was Queen's drummer, Roger Taylor, born—"

"July 26th," Tyler instantly spoke, not even letting the guy on the other like finish talking.

"Correct! Congratulations, Tyler. You've just won three free meet and greet tickets to the show on Monday. We have your number and we'll be touch! Have an amazing day!"

"Thank you," he replied, hanging up the phone.

As soon as the call ended, Ashley let out a squeal. "Oh my God I'm meeting 5SOS! Oh my God I'm actually meeting them! Thank you, Tyler! Thank you!" She hugged him so tightly Josh thought he was going to explode.

"No problem, Ash," Tyler laughed, hugging her back until the pulled away. "Who are you gonna take? Which friends?"

"You and Josh," she instantly said. "Duh."

"Why us?" Josh asked, confused.

"Without you two I wouldn't have won! Josh was the caller but he's also an idiot so Tyler answered the question!"

"Don't call my boyfriend an idiot," Tyler tried to defend Josh but failed when he busted out laughing, making the other two laugh as well.

"No but really you guys don't have to go if you don't want to none of my friends really like them and I love mom but I don't want to have to go with her," Ashley admitted. "Plus I wanna spend time with my older brothers."

"I mean it would knock out something on both of our lists," Tyler mentioned to Josh. "And I love our sister," he added making Ashley smile.

"Okay," Josh nodded. "We'll go. Also please don't tell anyone about Tyler and I. We have to go that ourselves."

"I won't," she assured. "Thank you guys again. You didn't have to help me but you did. You're the best," she hugged them both one last time before grabbing her things and leaving the room.

"She looks so happy," Tyler mentioned.

"She is," Josh replied. "Thank you for doing that by the way. I kinda froze. I didn't expect one of us to be the callers."

"Don't thank me. What are boyfriends for?"

"Also you're a freak for knowing that dude's birthday," Josh teased. He knew Tyler loved Queen. He has since eighth grade. Josh had never been able to get into their music that wasn't the basic songs but he still respected Tyler's passion and listened to him rant about how much he loved Freddie. Thinking back, Josh thought maybe that was a sign he was gay. Yeah, he decided, that was definitely a sign.

"Shut up," Tyler whined. "You know I love them."

"I know," Josh laughed. "I love you though."

"I love you too."