10. Milkshake

Josh hurried out of the room upon seeing Brendon and Dallon. As far as he knew they were still together. Even if they weren't, the last thing he wanted to see was one of his best friends giving another one of his best friends a blow job. It almost as bad as walking in on your parents. Almost.

"Josh, wait," Debby bounded after him, following him into the living room. He turned around and pressed his lips to hers quickly.

"Rain check, okay? I gotta find Tyler and get out of here that was so fucking gross."

"I..." she sighed. "Okay. You still have my number, right?"

"Yeah," Josh nodded. "I'll see you. Sorry we got cut off," he said quickly before walking further into the party.

He scanned the crowd and found Tyler sitting on the couch with their friends from before. He had his arm wrapped around Jenna as she laid in his chest. She looked tired and Josh figured he offered her to lean into him because that was just the kind of person he was. There was an easy smile on his face, probably from just laughing at something that was said. He looked so relaxed. Josh didn't want to ruin that but he was going to lose his mind if he didn't.

As he approached the brunette, his face went from an expression of easiness to concern. "Hey, you okay, J?"

"I um..." Josh's mouth felt dry and no one words came out.

"Josh?" Tyler looked really worried as he took his arm off of Jenna. "Hey, look at me," he stood up and walked to Josh. "What's wrong?"

"Can we go?" He finally spoke.

"Yeah," Tyler nodded. He turned around and bent down to talk to Jenna. "Can I drop Jenna off? She's not having a good time and she's tired," he asked when facing Josh again.

He just nodded as he waited for Jenna to get up. Tyler motioned for Josh to walk towards the door. He heard Tyler mumble a farewell to Pete before following them and leaving the house.

Once they got in the car Tyler started it and turned the air conditioner on. Pulling away from the curb he turned the radio on as well. The soft noise mixing with the engine hum filled the car with a comfortable silence. It didn't last long, though, because Josh broke it shortly after.

"Jen?"

"Yeah, J?" She responded softly from the backseat. Josh could see her from the corner of his eye and noticed she had her head on the window and was looking out of it.

"Are Brendon and Sarah still together?" He asked shakily.

"Yeah. They've been together for two and a half years. If they were split I would know about it. Sarah and I are like you and Ty," she laughed gently.

"Okay. Thanks. Just wondering. They haven't been hanging out together as much anymore and I wanted to make sure everything was fine," he lied.

"Yeah, no, as far as I know they're solid. Is everything okay with you? You look sick to your stomach."

"I'm fine."

Tyler hasn't said a word the whole time but when he pulled into Jenna's driveway he turned around and gave her a smile. "I'm sorry you had a bad time, Jen."

"No it's fine. Thanks for the ride, Ty. I'll text you," she smiled back as she opened the door.

"Anytime," he replied. He watched her get out and head inside her house before pulling away. "Do you wanna go home?" Tyler asked.

"No," Josh replied quietly.

"What do you wanna do?"

"I don't know."