33. Question

"This is different," Tyler spoke as he laid next to Josh on the latter's bed, staring at the ceiling. He avoided having any guys over to his house in case his dad just decided to miraculously show up one day like he did the night Tyler came out. Josh's parents still didn't know Josh and Tyler were a thing so that didn't really matter. They might be able to sense it though because according to Hayley everything else was fucking obvious. "A good different. But still different."

Tyler glanced down at their clasped hands as a smile made its way onto his face. He was truly, genuinely happy.

"I like this kind of different," Josh hummed, his thumb rubbing across Tyler's hand. "Because now I can do this."

Tyler looked over in confusion and Josh was pressing his lips to his own. Tyler kissed back immediately, smiling into the gesture. When they pulled apart their cheeks were rosy.

Two days have passed since they confesses feelings at Hayley's house. She had ran out and hugged them both, cheering about how she's waited seven years for that. The three laughed before the boys got into their cars. Instead of going home, Tyler went over to Josh's and spent the night and cuddled the whole time. A few kisses were shared too.

"You're very pretty, Ty," Josh announced, looking at the brunette softly.

Tyler was going to fucking die.

"You're very handsome," Tyler responded, smiling cheekily.

He watched Josh's eyes dance around as they landed on different parts of Tyler's face. "Let me take you on a date."

Tyler laughed but quickly stopped when he saw the offended look on Josh's face. "No!" He smiled. "I'm not laughing at you. That was just so sudden. And it's like five thirty are we even going to be able to go on a date?"

"Yes," Josh sat up. "We can leave in ten minutes."

"I don't have any nice clothes with me to wear so uh I hope we're not going anywhere fancy."

"Hell no," Josh shook his head making Tyler laugh at how cute he was. "It's going to be a basic ass time. Just like how it used to be. Now this time I can whisper in your ear and call you my baby boy and make you all flustered in public."

Tyler's face turned red. "Joshua Dun do not do that or I will drive my ass home and never speak to you again."

Josh just grinned mischievously making Tyler groan.

---

"Josh don't you fucking dare!" Tyler laughed from where he sat on the hood of his car with Josh. They were at the park they had gone to weeks ago when they had stayed up all night drinking milkshakes.

"What?" Josh mumbled with Subway sandwich in his mouth. "All I asked was if you liked seafood?"

"No!" the other giggled.

"Are you sure?" Josh stuck his tongue out to show his chewed up food. "See? Food!"

"Josh," he whined. "That's gross."

"Hmm so are Ashley and Hayley but you still put up with them."

"Be nice," Tyler snickered, tossing a piece of his bread to the bird walking on the ground. He watched it peck at it, a content feeling running through his body.

"Fine," Josh sighed dramatically. They both finished their sandwiches and Josh looked at Tyler. "Done?"

"Yeah," he nodded.

Josh grabbed the trash from his hand and took everything to the trash can. "Look at me. Joshua Dun: model citizen," he joked, putting his hands on his hips like a superhero.

"You are such a nerd!"

"I'm your nerd," Josh replied, walking up to the front of the car and wrapping his hands around Tyler's waist and pulling him in for a kiss.

They pulled back and Tyler laughed. "You taste like olives."

"Why thank you," Josh winked. He turned his head to the side and let out a gasp so loud Tyler jumped. "Shit sorry, babe," he apologized, still looking off to the side.

Tyler's heart picked up speed at the nickname. He didn't even think Josh noticed he said it but he still enjoyed it nonetheless. He turned his own head to see what Josh was looking at. "A horse and carriage!"

"Your eyes just lit up that was the cutest fucking thing ever," Josh gushed. He stuck his hand out to a blushing Tyler and the brunette grabbed it. "C'mon. We're gonna go ride it."

"Okay," Tyler smiled widely, hopping off his car. He made sure it was locked before following Josh over, hand in hand.

They approached the carriage and watched as an older couple got out. Josh walked up the the guy on the horse, leading the carriage. "How much?" He asked.

"$70 for a twenty minute ride," the man spoke.

Tyler saw Josh start to pull out his wallet and he quickly grabbed his out, giving the man the required bills. "Tyler," Josh gave him a pointed look.

"You bought dinner," Tyler replied. "I'm paying."

Josh didn't put up an argument, instead sighing and taking Tyler's hand again to lead him into the carriage. Once they were situation the man was off, leading the horses around the park.

They were silent for a bit and Tyler rested his head on Josh's shoulder, taking his hand and holding it.

They stayed silent for a good five minutes before Josh spoke up. "Ty?"

"Yeah?"

"I really appreciate you."

Tyler smiled up at his best friend. It was something they always said but now they were romantic it felt ten times more meaningful. "I appreciate you too."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Go for it."

"I know we just figured this shit out two days ago and this is our first official date but I've known you forever and I know you better than I know myself," Josh took a deep breath. "I'm pretty shit at a lot of things so like bare with me cause I've never asked a dude this but... will you be my boyfriend? I dunno it feels better to give it a label that way we're not just stuck in this weird limbo."

Tyler grinned the biggest he thinks he ever has and kissed Josh so passionately he though we was going to explode. "Yes," he breathed out when he pulled away. "I'll be your boyfriend."