24. Bull

"Josh! Stop!" Hayley busted out laughing. "I'm gonna piss myself stop!"

Tyler smiled as he watched Josh attempt to stick two straws into his teeth and imitate a walrus. The second he got them in they would pop back out.

The were at their favorite bar restaurant over by Jenna's house and their waitress had gotten them two too many straws so Josh decided to mess with them. "Josh," Sarah giggled, covering her mouth. "People are staring."

"Good. I'm hot," he replied. He sighed, throwing them down dramatically. "They won't stick I give up. I'm a failure."

"Are you guys ready to order?" Their waitress walked back over, cutting off Josh's childish acts.

"Yeah," Tyler spoke up. "We'll get three orders of cheese fries," he told her. That's why they always got. The servings were big enough for two people to share so they just split the amount of people there in half. They used to frequent the place with their whole group and in Tyler's opinion, it was better with just the six of them now. Less chaos.

"Alright, anything else?" She asked, writing it down on her notepad.

"No," he responded. "Thank you."

"Of course. That'll be right out," she smiled before walking off.

"God Tyler is such a dad," Ashley piped up.

"What?" Tyler asked in confusion, raising his eyebrow.

"You order for us, you have the best manners, you don't do bad shit, you drive us around when we're drunk, you make sure you're alright. We're basically all gonna die when you leave."

"Good," Tyler took a drink of his Dr. Pepper. "One less kid to worry about if you kick the bucket."

Josh busted out laughing. "I would love to see Tyler's hit list."

"It's just Ashley Frangipane 7 times," Hayley joked, making Ashley hit her arm.

"You dick."

"You love me," Hayley rolled her eyes. Ashley just flicked her nose and kissed her gently on the lips.

"Cute, but also gross. Stop," Sarah told them playfully.

"That's homophobic," Ashley told her.

"Thanks I try," the brunette replied.

"Speaking of buckets and lists," Jenna voiced. "How is your guys' thing going?"

"Good," Josh smiled. "I'm actually really proud of Tyler. He's opened up and done a lot of new things I didn't think he would do. I mean the stuff on his list is pretty basic but it's stuff he wants to do and it's been nice doing it with him. I'm just crazy so all of my stuff has been out of both our comfort zones. But like I said I'm proud of him."

"Thanks, J," Tyler smiled, trying his hardest not to blush. He saw Jenna grin at him from the corner of his eye and almost kicked her under the table.

"Oh speaking of the list," Josh said. "My parents are making us go to the zoo tomorrow for a family outing and I saw they're doing a koala holding tomorrow do you want–"

"Yes!" Tyler instantly replied. "Yes, sorry," he lowered his voice when he realized he yelled.

Josh shook his head with a chuckle. "Okay. We'll pick you up at noon tomorrow."

"I wanna hold a koala," Hayley pouted.

"Go with your girlfriend," Josh replied.

Their waitress came back over and brought their food. "Everything look okay?"

"Yeah," Tyler spoke making everyone smile. "Thanks again."

"Mhm! Let me know if you need anything else," she told them before leaving once again.

They all began eating when Sarah spoke again. "What else do you have on your lists that you haven't done yet."

Josh wiped his fingers on a napkin and held one up as a 'one second' gesture. He pulled his phone out and swallowed the bite he was eating before speaking. "Meet someone famous, skinny dip, ride a mechanical bull—"

"Dude," Ashley interrupted. "They deadass added a mechanical bull here a few weeks ago. Over by the arcade machines."

"They did?" Josh asked and looked over at the back. Sure enough, the ride was sitting on the back, a little girl using it. He could tell the setting wasn't very high because she was barely moving. "Oh, shit!" He stood up from the booth and slid out since he was on the edge of it.

"Josh there's kids here," Tyler told him.

"Got it, Dad," he replied before walking off. Tyler and Jenna were on the inner most part of the booth so they waited for the other three to get up. While they waited Jenna shot him a look.

"Dad? More like daddy," she mumbled making Tyler bust out laughing.

"Jenna!" His face turned bright red.

"What?" She asked innocently. "I didn't say anything you have no proof."

They five followed Josh over to the now empty ride and watched him hop on. Ashley walked over to the control panel. "Alright, Joshie boy. You've got options 1-10. What would you like?" She asked as put a dollar into the machine.

"Let's start with 5 that seems like a good amount. It's a happy medium," he told her, readjusting the snapback on his head.

"10 it is," she cranked the knob all the way and hit the starred button before Josh could protest.

"Ashley!" He started to get off when it let out a loud nose and started moving.

"Oh my God," Tyler mumbled. "Josh! Be careful!" He called to his friend.

"I'll try!" Josh replied, holding onto the ne of the bull. It began speeding up, jolting Josh all around. People started staring probably due to amount of noise it was letting out.

Josh stayed on it for thirty seconds before it moved so hard he flipped over the top and hit the pad. The machine slowed to a stop, sensing someone had fallen and the bull let out one final moo before turning off.

Josh just laid there, not moving. Tyler hurried over to him and bent down next to him. All Josh did was blink once. "Josh? Are you okay?"

Everyone else surrounded him but kept their distance. Josh just started laughing and Tyler was genuinely concerned. "I'm fine," he snickered before sitting up. "That was wild, damn. I'm okay though, I promise," he gave Tyler a toothy smile. "Ashley's still a bitch though."