29. Red Bull

"Tyler Dun let's go camping."

"Huh?" Tyler asked into his phone, making Josh laugh. He noticed how Tyler didn't question him calling him a Dun.

Josh was laying in his bed next to Hayley. The two were bored and realized they haven't hung out with each other alone in awhile and he decided to invite her over. They had been talking about their lists and Josh mentioned how Tyler wanted to go camping and Hayley had told him she's never been either. It was the perfect opportunity for their group to take a vacation to celebrate their summer. "I said let's go camping."

"We deadass just took a trip together. I love you Josh but don't you want a break from me?"

"Never," Josh replied, making Hayley giggle. "Oh by the way Hayley is with me."

"Hi Hayls."

"Hello Ty Guy!"

"I was talking to Hayley about your list and she told me she's never been camping either and I thought we could make it a group thing. Y'know to commemorate summer and how none of us are assholes cough Brendon cough."

"Josh you're supposed to cough not say cough you dumbass."

"Okay but I'm your dumbass."

"That's so gay," Hayley whispered so Tyler couldn't hear her.

"Shut up!" Josh laughed out.

"What did she say? She said something about me being gay didn't she?"

"No..." Josh trailed off, still laughing.

"I fucking hate you guys," Tyler groaned. "Speaking of me being gay, I came out to my family last night."

"Wait really?" Josh stopped laughing. "I'm so proud of you, Ty. How did it go?"

"Shit," he laughed nervously. "They were pissed. Not pissed enough to do anything about but still pissed."

"I'm sorry, Tyler," Hayley spoke sincerely, a frown on her face. "Your family is shitty."

"Tell me something I don't know."

"But hey," Josh began. "That gives you all the more reason to come with us! We still gotta run it by Jen, Sarah, and Ashley but we wanna leave Sunday."

"Sunday? It's already Thursday. That's so last minute, Josh."

"Okay what the hell else do you have to do?"

"Nothing," Tyler sighed. "Okay I'll go."

"Thanks buddy," Josh cooed jokingly.

"Gay," Hayley whispered again.

---

Josh pulled into Tyler's driveway. It was 6 in the morning and he just wanted to die so he could sleep. Exhaustion was taking over his body but the Red Bull sitting in his cup holder was fighting it. He had just texted Tyler and told him he was here. Over the weekend everyone had went shopping and they pooled their money together for supplies like food and water and an extra sleeping bag since Hayley didn't have one. Josh used to go camping a lot when he was younger (when his parents only had two kids to worry about, not four) so he had most the equipment they needed. He had one large tent meant for four people and one meant for two— perfect for their group.

Suddenly, Tyler was walking out with his backpack on, carrying two pillows and a blanket in his hands. He let out a yawn and Josh hopped out of the car to help him carry his stuff. "I have Red Bull in the car."

"Thank fuck," Tyler replied and handed Josh the blanket and one pillow. "I mean I usually get up early but in the summer that's like 8:30 not 6. Why are we awake at 6?" He asked, throwing his other pillow and bag in the backseat with the other stuff.

"Because it's gonna get hot as fuck later today and you don't wanna set up camp when it's hot," Josh explained, getting back in the car along with Tyler. Josh handed him a Red Bull and pulled out of the driveway and made his way through the gated community. The security guard waved to the two boys as they left, having seen Josh almost every day for years. He was the only person Tyler let over frequently.

"J?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you decide you wanted to go camping out of nowhere? You didn't even want to go camping in the first place," Tyler noted, resting his head on the window glass.

"I dunno honestly," Josh shrugged. "I mean it's something you wanna do and you got a tattoo with me so the least I can do to repay you is lay on the dirt for a few nights. And this is one of the few periods of time we have left this summer where all six of us are free."

"Thanks for putting up with my lame ass list."

"It's not lame. It's Tyler."

"Same thing," he mumbled.

"No," Josh glanced at him. "If I'm not allowed to make fun of your best friend you're not allowed to make fun of mine," Josh looked over again and saw Tyler was sleeping. He let out a laugh and shook his head.

He drove for another twenty five minutes and Tyler woke up as soon as he pulled onto the gravel of the campsite. He saw Sarah's car and knew her and Jenna were already there. He parked next to their car and rolled down his window since Jenna's was already down. "Hey, pretty ladies," he grinned. "What are you guys doing out here alone?" He spoke into the passenger side.

"Fuck off Josh," Sarah laughed. "Or I'll go home."

"No don't leave me with him," Jenna turned to her, pleading.

"Fine I'll just hang out with Tyler."

"Sarah do you have room in the back do your car for one more count me out," Tyler responded with a sleepy smile. He saw Jenna shoot him a look but he had no idea what it was about.

"Why does everyone hate me?" Josh asked dramatically, flailing his arms in the air. The three laughed, making Josh grin. "Alright suckers lets get out so we can wait for the two homos to pull up. I'm not surprised they're late we'll probably be here for another three hours."

They all got out and started getting their equipment out. Ashley and Hayley had the food and water with them so if they didn't show up everyone would die.

About ten minutes after they got everything out, Ashley pulled up and parked on the other side of Sarah's car. Hayley Kiyoko was blasting from her car and Josh knew Ashley had let Hayley pick the music. "Hello fuckers!" Ashley sang as she got out. "Are you ready for two days with me?"

Josh blinked. "I take it all back let's go home Ty."

"Home as in you guys finally live together?" Hayley asked, getting out as well and pushing her sunglasses onto her head.

"I hate you," Josh groaned.

"I know you do, Joshie Poo."