5. Ignored

I did some googling and as far as I know Jenna's mom is named Debbie as well as Josh's girlfriend. Debby Ryan spells her name with a y so that should avoid any major confusion when she's brought into the story later on. If anything seems weird, make sure to check the spelling and it if it still seems weird comment because there could be a possibility I messed something up!

"I'm home!" Tyler hollered as he walked in to his house the morning after the... events... at Ashley's house. Receiving no reply, he sighed in annoyance and made his way up the grand staircase to his room.

Nearing his room, he saw his mom walk out of her office, phone practically glued to her ear. "Yes, Jonathan. No, not those. Oh my God. Do I have to come to the office myself since you dimwits can't handle it? No, no. I'm on my way. Dammit," she sighed before hanging up.

"Hey, Mom," Tyler offered.

"Hello, Zack," she mumbled back typing away on the screen. "I'm leaving for the office," she added, making her way down the staircase Tyler had just ascended.

With a roll of his eyes, he continued down the hallway and opened the door to his room. He was instantly greeted with his family's housekeeper folding his laundry and putting it away for him. Letting out a sigh, he walked all the way in. "Debbie, I told you, I can take care of myself. You don't have to do anything for me."

"I'm sorry, Tyler, but your father wanted me to do laundry and said to do all of it. I figured you'd appreciate the help," she offered him a soft smile.

"Deb, you know I appreciate everything you do with all my heart but you do so much. I can handle my things and it's less work on you," Tyler shook his head.

"You're a good kid, Tyler," Debbie smiled.

"You're a good mom," he replied back with a smile matching hers.

The blonde sighed. "How is Jenna? Is she doing okay?"

"Yeah. She's doing really good as far as I know. She was at my friend's house last night and she looked to be having fun."

"I want her to know I'm doing this for her. As much as I love you, the rest of your family isn't as... nice... when it comes to this job but it pays good. I just want my baby back and her father is doing everything in his power to stop that."

"I know, I know," Tyler told her. "I don't think Jenna is mad at you necessarily but she's mad at the situation and if she doesn't try then she can't get hurt again and the problem goes away."

"You've always been so smart," Debbie gave him a sad smile. "No wonder you got into Princeton."

"You're one of the few people to celebrate it... all my parents did was pay the tuition and Zack had just called it chump change."

Suddenly, the two were interrupted. "Debbie! I dropped a plate on the floor!" A voice hollered.

"Speak of the devil," she mumbled earning a laugh from Tyler. "Coming, Zack!" she replied before turning to Tyler. "Are you sure you wanna do the rest of this? It's kind of a lot."

"Yes, Debbie. I've got it. I'm a grown ass man. I can take care of this," he smiled at her once more. All she did in return was pat his back on her way out.

Tyler walked over to his bed and finished his laundry before sitting down on it and pulling out the list and a pen from his nightstand drawer.

He was up to eight things and it was almost like his brain was clogged, unable to think of anything else to add. Remembering that Josh told him to add something out of his comfort zone, he focused more on that. He though of his friends because although they had things in common, they did a lot of things he wouldn't even think about doing.

"Drinking? Hell no that's nasty. Relationship? Too much work. Hmm..." he pondered finally before smiling. He carefully wrote down 'go to a concert' before grinning even wider. "Hayley's been to like ten of those and they're like... edgy enough, right? Mosh pits and barriers and stuff... I'm fucking talking to myself now. Great."

Letting out an overly dramatic sigh, Tyler laid against his pillows and turned on the TV in his room for background noise while he thought. He noticed that the channel he had left it on was playing one of the Spider-Man movies. Taking his phone out of his pocket he decided to send a text to Josh.

How's the list coming?

It only took a few seconds for the red haired boy to reply.

I actually finished a few minutes ago. You?

I need one more. What did you do for your "cute" one?

You'll see ;)

That winky face scares me

Good

Tyler smiled despite how much of an idiot he thought Josh was. With his brain still empty he decided to open Snapchat and took a picture of his TV to send to Hayley. He captioned it with 'turned my TV on for background noise and I thought of your dumbass'. Then, he swiped over to the chat list and noticed she had opened it. Waiting for her reply, he looked at the number 453 next to the tongue emoji he had changed to for his streaks. Underneath it were many more, some higher, others lower but they were only next to his close friends.

Finally, a blue message icon appeared and Tyler clicked on Hayley's name.

We get it, you're rich.
Just kidding, just kidding.
I'm glad you thought of me bb I love being a role model for young kids across America.

Tyler chuckled and typed a response.

I'm older than you.

And I'm cuter than you I'm glad we know how to state facts.

He playfully rolled his eyes at her message and exited the app, setting his phone down next to him. Happening to look up at the screen, he had caught the exact moment of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson's famous rain kiss. He took a moment to gush over it, loving how cute it was. Suddenly, he gasped and wrote one more thing down on his paper.

"Done," he breathed out.