23. Thank You

Tyler walked into his house and instantly made a beeline to his room, not wanting to come in contact with any part of his family.

"Tyler," he stopped, internally groaning when his plans failed.

He turned around and was met with his mother. "Yeah?"

"I'm working late tonight. I just came home to grab some papers. Don't cause any trouble for Debbie."

"Got it," he sighed before walking up the steps and heading to his room. He flopped down onto his bed and stared at the ceiling, bored out of his mind. Suddenly, he was reminded of his conversation with Josh from a few hours ago and he figured he should invite Jenna over to talk to her. Debbie had left for the day so he didn't have to worry about Jenna running into her mom. His mom would know she left at five on Mondays if she cared enough to pay attention to the things happening around her. He hasn't heard anything out of his dad in two weeks ever since he left for his business trip to Toronto and he couldn't care less.

Tyler grabbed his phone from his back pocket and clicked on Jenna's contact. He put it on speaker and set the phone on mattress right next to his head so he didn't have to hold it to his ear. It rang for a few seconds before she answered. "Hey, Ty!"

"Hi," Tyler spoke. "Can you come over? Your mom left for the day so you don't have to worry about her."

"Um, yeah I probably can. Let me go ask the warden," she joked, referring to her dad. Tyler knew it wasn't a joke though. The reason Jenna didn't see her mom was because her parents had gotten a divorce and her dad lied to the court and said her mom was a deadbeat because she was unemployed to be a stay at home mother. He was a compulsive, controlling, dick and that's why Tyler didn't like him. And that's also why her mom was stuck being a housekeeper for one of the richest (and rudest) families in town.

"Okay," Tyler responded.

Some shuffling was heard and background talking before Jenna resumed speaking. "I'll be over in fifteen."

"The security guard will make you ask for our house code so he knows you're actually visiting us and not coming to try and murder us and steal our shit or something. It's 0517. I'll see you then, bye," he waited for her to reply before ending the call. He groaned loudly. He didn't want to do this but he knew he had to.

Out of no where, he heard a loud moan erupt from the room next to him and knew his sixteen year old brother had his girlfriend over. Tyler would have been grossed out had this not happened before. "Now I know what Ashley meant when she said straight people were nasty," he mumbled before getting out of bed. He left his room and walked over to the door on the right of his banged it on it loudly. "Zack! Shut the hell up! If you're gonna fuck your girlfriend in the middle of the day at least be quiet to the people around you."

"Fuck off," was the reply as per usual and Tyler rolled his eyes but sighed contently when the moaning ceased.

He continued down the hallway and noticed his sister, Madison's, door was open. She was sitting on her grand canopy bed doing something on her MacBook laptop. He also noticed she was on the phone with one of her friends. "I'm telling you she's such a slut. Yes! No, she tried fucking Will in the locker room after cheer practice a few months ago and I gave her a warning. Next time I'm just gonna kick her ass. She's not even pretty either. She's an ugly fat bitch and the next time she even so much as looks at my boyfriend I'll rip her hair out of her head," Maddy ranted. She realized Tyler could hear her and looked at him in annoyance. "Don't you have anything better to do than listen to my high school gossip, you perv? God damn," the fifteen year old stood up and walked to the door. "Go the fuck away," she told him before slamming the door. "Did you just say she liked his picture? It's game over for that bitch."