27. Horseback Riding

"Stop touching me!"

"I'm not touching you!"

"You're breathing on me!"

"I have to breathe or else I'll die do you want me to die?"

"Right now I do because you're pissing me off!"

"Ashley! Language! I will turn this car around!"

"Sorry, Dad."

"Take that!"

"You too, Jordan!" Bill glared at him from the rear view mirror.

Josh saw Tyler glance at him, trying not to smile. 'Does this always happen on car rides?' He mouthed.

'You don't know the half of it' he mouthed back making Tyler laugh. They were sitting in Josh's parents' SUV with Tyler on the right, Josh in the middle, and Abbie on the left. Jordan and Ashley were cramped in the back because they had to make sure they had enough room for the three suitcases they were bringing. One for his parents and Jordan, one for Ashley and Abbie, and one for Tyler and Josh. They had decided to share one just to make the load a little lighter. Besides, Josh was pretty sure half the clothes in his closet were Tyler's and vice versa. It was just a thing that happened when you were friends for that long. One of the suitcases had even been shoved on the ground in front of Abbie's feet. It was a tight squeeze but they made it fit.

"How much longer, Dad?" Abbie asked, resting her head on Josh's shoulder.

He looked at the GPS for a split second before his eyes fell back on the road. "Five minutes."

"I'd like to thank not only God but Jesus too because I'm going to lose my mind if I have to sit in this car any longer than that," she mumbled making Josh and Tyler bust out laughing.

The last few minutes of the car ride were silent as the Duns waited excitedly. Despite the short car ride to his aunt and uncle's house, he didn't get to see them very often. It was his mom's sister and brother in law and they only spent every other Christmas together and a week in the summer because both families were way too busy to see each other more often than that. Josh was excited to see his cousin. They texted sometimes but he hasn't seen him since last summer. His other cousin, Lilia, was thirteen and got along with his three younger siblings so Josh usually hung around with his older cousin since he was turning 18 in a few months.

Finally, Bill pulled into a long driveway and parked in front of a large tan house. There was already a pick up truck and SUV parked there so he put the car off to the side.

"Get out of the car," Ashley rushed Abbie and Josh since she was on the left side in the very back. The two quickly got out of the car and Ashley hopped out, running to the blonde girl who was waiting outside for her. They hugged before Josh heard his sister speak. "I'm gonna fucking kill Jordan help me," she whispered so their dad couldn't hear.

He just laughed, shaking his head in disbelief. "Jordan you might want to distance yourself from Ash for a little bit."

"Why?" He asked as he got out of the car after Tyler did. "Is she on her period?"

"God I hope not," a voice sounded. Josh turned around and was met with us other cousin. "I avoid girls for many reasons and that's just one of them."

Josh grinned, pulling him in for a hug. "Hey, Nico."

They pulled back and Nico ran a hand through his dark brown (almost black) hair that heavily contrasted with his sister's. "Is this the famous best friend I've heard so much about?" He asked, shooting Tyler a smile.

"Yeah," Josh nodded, nudging Tyler's shoulder making the brunette chuckle. "Nico meet Tyler, Tyler meet Nico."

Nico stuck his hand out and Tyler shook it. "Thanks for letting me come stay with you guys. It's gotta be weird having some rando come to your house," he laughed as they let go. Josh noticed the way his hand lingered on Tyler's for a second too long.