28. Joseph

"Bye, guys," Nico waved to them the early afternoon of the sixth. They had spent the last two days there and Tyler honestly had one of the best times he's had in a long time. "It was nice meeting you Ty. You have my number, right?"

"Yeah," Tyler nodded, bringing Nico in for a hug. "Thanks again for letting me come. It means a ton."

Nico hugged back before pulling away. "No problem," he smiled. "Maybe we can hang out one more time before you leave. We can ditch Josh too, he's annoying," he joked, making Tyler laugh.

From next to him, Josh tensed up. "Bye, Nico. It was nice seeing you," he told his cousin before grabbing Tyler's hand and pulling him towards the car.

The rest of the kids were already in there and Ashley and Jordan were talking to Lilia through the back. "I'll miss you," Ashley told her. "I gotta deal with crazy back here for an hour and a half."

"If I'm crazy you're psycho," Jordan scoffed.

"Alright you two say buy to Lilia so Tyler and Josh can get in and we can leave," Laura spoke, walking over and saying goodbye to her niece before getting in the passenger side. "Ready?" She asked after Josh and Tyler were in, seatbelts on.

"Yeah," Josh nodded.

Bill was already in the car and he gave one last wave to his wife's family before pulling out and driving down the long driveway.

"No!" Abbie yelled. "My 3DS died!"

"Abigail Dun do not yell when I'm driving," Bill scolded.

"Sorry," she mumbled before letting out a whine. "What am I supposed to do on the car ride home? I'm gonna die. I'm going crazy. I already feel my brain cells deteriorating."

"How do you even know what that word means? You're in fifth grade," Josh asked.

"I'm not dumb," Abbie replied with a glare.

Tyler let out a laugh. "Thanks again for letting me come with you guys. I appreciate it. I had a ton of fun."

"Don't thank us, sweetheart," Laura spoke from the seat in front of him. "I'm glad you had a good time. Did everyone else have a good time? You don't need to lie I know my sister's family can be kind of crazy it's where you guy get it from," she chuckled.

Abbie, Ashley, and Jordan all mumbled out some sort of 'yes' but Tyler saw that Josh reminded silent. Laura must not have noticed because she didn't say anything after and she was the type of person to make sure everyone was happy.

"J?" Tyler whispered. "Are you alright?"

Josh simply nodded. "I just don't feel good."

"Do we need to stop? Are you gonna throw up?"

"No," Josh replied. "I'm fine," he laid his head on Tyler's shoulder. "Will you wake me up when we hit Columbus? I'll help you separate your clothes out of the suitcase and then take you home," he mumbled, closing his eyes.

"Yeah," Tyler smiled, his heart fluttering at the sight of his best friend. "I'll wake you up."

"Thanks, Ty," he told him sleepily. "I 'preciate you."

"I appreciate you too."

---

It was four when Tyler finally made it home. They had gotten back to Josh's house at twelve thirty but Josh was still tired and made Tyler lie with him while they napped. Again. It definitely did not help Tyler or his crush and he had gotten into a... situation... that he had to take care of in the bathroom. It was a good thing Josh was a heavy sleeper.