43. Surprise

Tyler was folding a load of laundry in his room when Josh called. "Hey," he spoke, holding his phone between his head and shoulder.

"Hi, baby."

"You're being nice what do you want?"

"What are you doing?"

"Folding laundry. We're currently on our third housekeeper this summer and this one is Debbie's age but she's just a bitch. I thought I was going to have to fight her to be able to fold my own damn laundry," he huffed.

"You're ridiculous," Josh laughed. "Are you busy tonight?"

"Are you gonna make me me go bowling again?"

"Nah I'm just bored and want you to come over so we can cuddle and watch movies and so sappy couple shit."

"Then I'm free," Tyler smiled. "What time do you want me to come over?"

"Five thirty if that works for you."

"Josh that's in half an hour," Tyler laughed.

"Yes... and...?"

"Fine. I'll be over then."

"Okay. My family will be gone and I'll probably be in the shower so I'll leave the door unlocked and you can just come in."

"Gotcha. See you then. Love you."

"See ya. I love you too."

---

Tyler pulled into Josh's driveway and noticed all the lights were off except the one in Josh's room and assumed he was still in the shower. He parked the car, got out, and made his way towards the front door. Placing his hand in the knob, it was in fact unlocked and he pushed the door open, going inside and shutting it behind him.

He took a few steps into the house and was about to take his shoes off when he was suddenly stopped.

"Surprise!"

The brunette jumped slightly and looked up to see people standing around him, smiling widely. It was just his friends and Josh's family (minus Bill, Tyler noted) but that was more than he could ask for. "What are you–" he began, hand over his heart as it beat rapidly from being frightened.

"Welcome to your surprise going away party," a voice spoke, prompting Tyler to turn around and see his boyfriend walking in from the kitchen.

"You did all this for me?" He gestured to the balloons and streamer that said 'we'll miss you!' "Josh..."

"I am so incredibly whipped for you Tyler Dun," Josh came up to him and wrapped his arms around his waist. "I'm so in love with you and I don't know what I'm gonna do without you here but just know I'm gonna bug the shit out of you every single day while you're away. You're honestly probably going to have to block me."

Tyler looked up at Josh, an overwhelming feeling of love flooding his body. "I love you, thank you so much," he rested his hands on Josh's cheeks and was about to lean in before he turned around and looked at his mom. "Laura I'm gonna kiss your son in front of you."

"Go ahead," she laughed.

Tyler spun back around and pressed his lips to Josh's gently. Josh kissed back and the two stayed like that for a few seconds before pulling back. The kiss was gentle and held not only the emotions of the past couple months, but the ones the two have shared for the past nine— almost ten —years. It held the sadness, happiness, anger, passion, fear, desperation, anxiety, and love the two have endured. "I love you so much," Tyler repeated, giving Josh a cheesy smile.