19. Plans

Josh woke up the next morning and Tyler wasn't in bed next to him. In his place was Jim, sleeping soundly. Confused, Josh grabbed his phone and saw he had a text from Tyler from eight in the morning. It was currently ten.

Hey I had to leave but I had a fun time last night and I'm glad you did too (:

Josh smiled and then quickly winced when the spot behind his ear started throbbing. He had forgotten about his tattoo. His eyes caught the missed call and other text he had. This one was from his mom.

You were probably sleeping when I called but that's okay. Your Grandma twisted her ankle trying to hang Fourth of July decorations (you know her) and we took her to the ER last night. She's okay but your father and I have decided to stay until Tuesday morning to help her around the house. We love you, make good choices (even though you already do)

Josh didn't know how to react. He didn't know if he should be happy or sad that he was all alone. Then he realized he should be happy. He knew what he was going to do.

Josh was going to throw a party.

His house wasn't big by any means but it wasn't small either. It would work for a party. The party wouldn't be as huge as Pete's usually were but he was still hoping for it be a success.

It was on his bucket list after all.

His mind wandered back to Pete's latest party and his stomach churned as he remembered the incident with Brendon and Dallon.

He was just going to lock all bedroom doors.

No one needed to be fucking his siblings' rooms let alone cheating on their partner in there.

Sighing, he stretched his legs and let out a groan which prompted Jim to lift his head up to see what the commotion was. When he realized it was Josh his tail began wagging. "Morning, Jim," Josh laughed, rubbing his head. "Gotta go potty?"

Jim stood up and yawned, stretching his legs as well. He shook his fur before hopping off the bed and walking to the door. Josh got up as well, grabbing his phone and opening the door for Jim.

When he entered his kitchen he let Jim out and got him his food and fresh water and then went about finding breakfast for himself. Scanning the cupboards, he decided on making a bagel with cream cheese.

Getting his bagel out, he popped it in the toaster and grabbed his phone, opening the new group chat he made consisting of Tyler, Sarah, Jenna, Hayley, and Ashley.

Josh: hello losers I'm having a party tonight

Ashley: since when did you throw parties

Hayley: are you sick

Ashley: sick of Tyler still not living in the same house as him

Hayley: roasted! high five!

Tyler: why do you attack me

Jenna: that wasn't even good Ashley

Ashley: your cookies aren't even good Jenna

Ashley: just kidding you're the best baker I've ever met I take it back

Jenna: that's what I THOUGHT

Sarah: Josh are you sure having a party is a good idea

Josh: I mean it's on my bucket list and I'll just make sure I lock all the rooms in the house so no one can fuck or anything. plus my family is staying at my grandma's a few extra days so I'll be able to throw one