4. Drunk

They had done it. They had graduated. They were officially done with high school.

However, in no way had the matured in the short time in between the ceremony and where they were now. It ended at around two, the time currently being eleven, and Josh and his friends were a little... drunk.

Tyler, of course, being the good kid (and designated driver in case anyone had to miraculously go home) was still sober.

The two and their cluster of friends were all sitting in Ashley's living room, playing board and card games and drinking the cheap beer her parents had gotten them. ("As long as it's at the house, drink up. Keep all your keys in the bucket, except you Tyler, you're a good kid." "Okay, go away now, Dad.")

"Okay..." Brendon managed to get out. "D-Dallon. Do youuu have any fouurss?"

The taller laughed, not anywhere near as drunk as his friend, but still a bit buzzed. "Go fish, Bren."

"I'm bored," Hayley exclaimed, throwing her cards up in the air. She gasped and a wild grin took over her face. "Let's play never have I ever! Ty-guy, you can go get a Sprite from the fridge, unless you're scared it's gonna upset your little tummy."

Tyler rolled his eyes and stood up. "Shut the hell up," he told her, trying to hold back a smile. Making sure to kick her knee on his way into the kitchen, he left the zoo to be.

Upon returning, he wedged himself in between Josh and Brendon, the latter laying his head in Tyler's lap. Knowing this was usual Drunk Brendon behavior, he allowed it and gave his head a pet in return.

"Okay!" Pete yelled loudly. "Never have I ever... dated a guy."

Brendon sat back up and took a drink along with Sarah, Dallon, Ashley, Jenna, and Meagan. Tyler noticed Josh furrow his eyebrows in confusion. "What about Mikey?"

"Or Patrick?" Dallon piped up.

"Nope. I said date not hookup."

"Fuck you," Ashley attempted to throw a card at him but it only landed a few inches in front of her, doing a light flip in the air before it did.

The group all laughed before Hayley spoke up. "Never have I ever had sex with a guy."

The same six all took a drink but this time Pete joined as well. "There we go!" Josh laughed out, getting a middle finger from his friend in return.

"My turn," Ashley slurred. "Never have I ever had the name Brendon."

"You're targeting me! You bitch!" Brendon gasped. He attempted to point a finger at her but his arm dropped back down moments after. "Woooaah, my arms full of rocks."

"Those are bones, baby," Sarah chuckled, giving him a kiss on the forehead. "You're wasted."

"No, I'm Brennndonnn. 'Member? Ashley just attacked me over it. You're such a silly goose," he let out a giggle. "Sarah the Silly Goooosey," he cooed.

"Okay, even I'm not that gone," Hayley shook her head vigorously.

"I'll go get some water for him," Jenna said with a soft laugh.

The group continued to talk while the blonde went to get the drink. She returned moments later. Tyler took the drink from her with a smile. "Thanks, Jen."

He noticed her cheeks turn a light shade of pink before she sat back down. "Of course."

Tyler grabbed Brendon's beer (without much struggle due to his current state) and replaced it with the water. "No more alcohol for you."

"Darn. Can I still drink this?"

"Yes?" Meagan laughed out. "You guys are crazy. That's why I love you I guess."

"Love you too babe," Pete kissed her gently on the lips.

"Yuck!" Ashley shouted. "Let us continue the game! The next person to pick is..." she moved her finger back and forth as if it was some sort of selector. "Tyler Robert!"

"Oh," he replied, surprised. "Okay... hm. Never have I ever... drank beer," he said with a smirk.

"You asshat," Dallon mumbled as everyone drank.

"Oopsie!" Brendon called out. Tyler looked over and saw he had spilled water on his pants. He busted out laughing. "It looks like I pee peed. Ha..." he snorted.

"You guys!" Ashley gasped. "We should watch Stranger Things!"

"What we should do is stop drinking," Meagan pointed to Brendon. "Ashley and Hayley are gonna be him next."

"Is it cause we're gay?" Hayley questioned.

"Oh my God, no," Meagan groaned.

"Would you sleep with either of us, Meggie-Poo?" Ashley bat her false eyelashes.

"Okay, game over!" Pete said as Meagan's face turned red.

"Why don't we just lay out our things and watch Stranger Things while we go to sleep?" Jenna suggested.

"You're so smart!" Brendon gasped. "You're a genius, Jenna! This is why Ty–"

"Let's play a game while we set stuff up," Jenna interrupted. "The Quiet Game!"

"Ooooh, okay! I'm gonna win!"

"I wanna play too!" Ashley yelled.

"Me too!" Hayley joined.

"Okay," the blonde said. "You three are playing. The last one to talk wins five dollars."

That shut them all up.

"It's like dealing with children," Sarah laughed out as he stood up, stretching her legs. The rest laughed, except Brendon, Ashley, and Hayley who were all giving each other goofy looks, trying to make one person laugh and lose the game.

As they did that, the group got ready for bed. It ended up with Brendon and Dallon on one couch, Ashley and Hayley on the other, Pete in the chair, Jenna, Sarah, and Meagan on the air mattress they blew up, and Josh and Tyler on the floor in sleeping bags.

They Quiet Game never ended because the three drunks were the first to pass out, followed by the rest until it was just Tyler and Josh awake.

"Ty? You up?" Josh whispered.

"No," Tyler replied in a deadpan whisper.

"Fuck off," the other countered. "Ty?"

"What?"

"I had fun tonight."

"Me too."

"Okay. I'm gonna go to bed now. I'm kinda drunk. Not as drunk as Brendon but—"

"I know."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

"I love you."

"I love you too, Josh."

"Goodnight..." silence. "I love you."

"Goodnight," Tyler tried not to laugh. "I love you too."

"Okay. Goodnight."

"Go to sleep, Josh."

"Okay..." silence. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," Tyler responded once more. Shortly after he was met with soft snores. He smiled to himself as he went to sleep as well.