12. Truth

"Hey!"

"Hey, Ash," Josh spoke after he answered his phone and put it on speaker. Tyler was sat next to him on the couch since they two were watching TV moments before his phone rang.

"What're you doing?" She asked.

"Sitting with Ty and watching American Horror Story," he answered, glancing at Tate Langdon on his paused TV.

"Cool. Do you guys wanna come over and hang out tonight? We haven't hung out as a group in awhile and we literally all hang out like twice a week," she laughed.

Josh bit his lip anxiously. It was Thursday and he was trying to avoid them as long as possible. Turns out that didn't last long when most of your friends actually cared about you.

"I'm down," Tyler rested his head on the back of the couch and looked at his friend. "J?"

Josh sighed, still not wanting to tell Tyler about the party. The last thing he wanted to do was stress him out when this was the last little time of peace for awhile before he leaves. "Sure," he replied with a tight smile.

Tyler shot him an unconvinced look before Ashley spoke again. "Great! Be here by 7!"

"Will do," Josh looked down at the ground and he could see Tyler was upset. "See you then."

"Bye guys," she sang before the call ended.

Tyler looked over at Josh but Josh didn't want to look up cause he felt guilty. In all the years they've been friends he's only kept one secret and it was that he ate on of Tyler's Pizza Rolls while he was in the bathroom when they were in the seventh grade. And he told Tyler right after dinner because he was spending the night and didn't want that to ruin anything.

"What's up, Josh?" Tyler questioned softly. "You've been acting off since the party and you never told me what happened."

"I'm fine," Josh assured.

"No you're not," Tyler pressed.

"Ty," he gave him a smile. "I promise. I'm alright. Let's just keep watching until we have to leave," he pressed play on the TV remote to avoid any more conversation with his friend.

---

When they boys walked into Ashley's house (she had texted them a little earlier and told them to just come in) they were not expecting the scene they saw.

Hayley, Meagan, Sarah, and Dallon were all twisted together with their limbs intertwined as they played twister. Ashley sat criss cross on her coffee table with the wheel and Jenna was next to her giggling her her friends. Josh frowned when he saw Brendon on the couch next to Pete, the two talking and smiling. The brunette spotted Josh scowling at him and he only rolled his eyes, going back to Pete.

Josh turned to Tyler and the older gave him a reassuring smile.

Suddenly, Ashley noticed them walk in. "Hey guys! We ordered pizza about half an hour ago and already ate there's some in the kitchen if you want it," she flicked the plastic arrow and it spun for a few seconds before landing. "Right foot red, babe."

Hayley attempted to shift her foot from blue to red but Sarah's hand was in the way and she toppled over, bringing Meagan and Dallon down with her. "Yes!" Sarah cheered. "I won! Suck on that!"

Brendon let out a laugh and stood up, pulling Sarah into him and giving her a kiss. She smiled into the gesture and they pulled apart a second later. "You're so cute."

"Shut up," she hit his arm lightly and blushed.

Josh wanted to beat his fucking ass.

Sarah still had no clue, obviously, and Brendon was acting as if nothing has happened. He looked over and saw Dallon glare at the scene. So he was pissed too. Josh just didn't know why.