Chapter 12:"Beach house"

Leah's P.O.V.

I can't breathe.

Why can't I breathe?

I pull at my surroundings searching for something or someone to hold onto, to catch me.

Only 10 seconds left.

9

Help someone please!

8

I can't die like this.

7

I'm too young.

6

I'm only 5 years old.

5

Help! Dad! Mom! Al!

4

They can't hear me.

3

Nobody can hear me.

2

I'm dying.

1

It's over. Goodbye Mom, Dad and Al.

0

I love you.

I wake up screaming and panting. I can't breathe.

Okay, okay Leah Breathe. In and out, in and out.

My door swings open and Al come storming inside, breathing heavily.

"What happened?" Al asks in a worried tone.

"I'm fine; it was just a bad dream." I try to smiling reassuringly, but it doesn't work.

Alex looks at me for a second to long and sits down next to me on the bed, sighing.

"Leeloo." He states looking into my eyes.

I sigh," I'm fine, I promise."

Alex nods and instead of leaving he slides underneath my covers to sleep. A small smile makes its way onto my face. I lay next to him and wrap my arms around him, as I drift off to sleep.

But all I can think about is Noah and Jade kissing and holding each other. I just wish that that was Noah and I. Him holding me in his arms and kissing me all over. All I see is his face leaning into mine and I imagine how his soft lips feel on my own. How his warm hands rest comfortably on my waist and mine in his thick hair. Our bodies leaning into each other.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

As I walk into the school gates, I jump when someone comes up behind me.

"Damn Ethan. What's wrong with you?" I ask out of breath.

Ethan grins," A lot of things but that's not why we're here. I just wanna ask how you are doing." Ethan's face turns sad.

"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I question with furrowed eyebrows.

He looks at me as if I'm stupid, "Oh come on. We all saw how you reacted toward Jess at the table yesterday."

"It's Jade and I merely lifted my opinion." I say making my point. Ethan chuckles at my responds before turning toward me with a lifted right eyebrow.

"Sure, you did." I nod, "So if you would be as kind as to enlightening me about why you hate her so much." Ethan says looking me square in the face.

I take a deep breath and as I'm about to respond, my eyes catch site of Noah and Jade. As usual they are making out, quite grossly I might add,  but Noah's eyes are me. Looking at me to make sure I'm watching them. I don't get why that's so important.

Fuck him ... and her.

My eyes draw back to Ethan, but his eyes are full of sadness and pity. I hate it when people look at me like that. That look is all I got when my mother died and I'm tired of seeing it. That is another reason why I don't tell my friends about my dad, because if they knew all that I would get is that look.

"I'm happy for them." I state and walk past him into the school's entrance.

I make my way toward my locker and obviously all I can think about is Noah and Jade. I hate him so much right now, okay I don't hate him but I really dislike him right now. It's hard watching the guy you like kissing another girl, specially said girl being the one you hate most in the world.

I am brought out of my thoughts when my phone rings.

Penguin (Ethan): Don't worry about him. I will be there for you no matter what.

I smile.

Leah: Thanks Eth.

Penguin: Pleasure.

I slide my phone into my back pocket. As I approach my locker I see Stevie leaning on it and texting. As if sensing my presents, she looks up.

"Hey! How's it going?" Stevie chirps.

"It's going fine, you?" I ask suspiciously.

"It's going good." Stevie smiles. Before I can say something else the bell rings and we're off to History.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I make my way toward the cafeteria and burst through the doors. I take my seat next to Jenny and obviously Aidan is sitting next to Stevie. I already grabbed some food and I start digging in, today it is Mac'n'Cheese. I'm half way through my meal when Aidan stands up.

"How much do you guys love me?" Aidan questions happily.

"Not much." Ethan responds with a chuckle and we all join in.

"Well, you're gonna love the shit out of me!" As he says this I scrunch up my face, "I or should I say we have my parents' beach house for the weekend." Aidan states earning a cheer from all of us.

"That would be fun." Jade says cheerfully. As she says this everyone's eyes go wide. Aiden scrunches up his face and looks around the table for an answer, so I give one.

"No, I don't think we want something like you t ..." My sentence gets cut off by Noah.

"Yeah, I would love it if you join us." Noah says glaring at me, so I glare back at him.

"Great!" Jade chirps and falls onto Noah's lap.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Heyy there hot tea!!

Thanks for reading.

Please remember to vote, comment, share and follow me.

What do you guys think will happen at the beach house?

But on a more important note, who wants to go to the beach house?