Chapter 47:"Want To go get some ice-cream?"

Heyy There Hot Tea!! 

I just want to let you guys know that I recommend listening to a thunderstorm video or something, because it will help set the scene. I will let you guys know when to start listening to it. I will write in bold: "NOW!" 

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!!

1 Year Later

Leah's P.O.V.

So, I got into collage!!

Well, actually I got into collage a few months ago, almost a year ago. If you're wondering, no I didn't get into the same collage as Noah. I did apply to his collage but I didn't get in. That sucked but you know that's life. Maybe that was for a good reason that we didn't see each other again. Although I wish we kind of did.

I miss him, a lot. Even a year later.

Stevie and Jenny came to the same collage as me, if you were wondering. I was so happy that I had friends coming with me, because going to a collage you don't know anyone is really scary.

Anyway, I am currently attending a football game between my collage and another collage that I cannot for the life of me remember. I love watching these football games, because it gives me a sense of home. And it reminds me of Noah, but don't tell anyone. (wink wink) Stevie and Jenny are also here.

"I hope we win!" Jenny yells in my ear as I am brought back to reality. I look at her war-painted face with a smile.

"We will win!" I reassure her.

Jenny is still dating Ethan and Stevie is still dating Aiden. Ethan is a soccer coach at a middle school and Aiden is working for his dad's business.

"Are the boys coming tonight?" I ask.

"Um... no. Aiden has to work and Ethan's team has a tournament tomorrow." Stevie tells me.

The crowd around me is cheering and shouting their lungs out as our team comes running out onto the field. I join them and pride warms my heart.

The opposing team follows and their fans cheer.

A big smile appears on my face as I take in the atmosphere.

The game goes great for both teams, because one second our team is winning and than in a blink of an eye the opposing team is winning. This game is a real nail biter. There is only a few minutes left on the board and the teams are tied. Both the team are in huddles as we, the fans, wait in anticipation for the next few seconds. The teams finally make their way toward centre field. Everyone holds our breath as we wait for the play to start. The team scrum as the play begins.

The ball is thrown to the opposing team's quarterback and he catches it with ease. He starts making his way across the field. He dodges the defensive players on our team and runs fucking fast toward the end zone.

Tough down!!

Damn it! That guy is good.

The final bell goes off and realization hits me and the fans surrounding me. Shit, we lost.

How is that even possible? Shit!

You can literally feel the disappointment from the crowd of our team.

My eyes scan over the players on the field and the way their shoulders have dropped with disappointment and sadness.

My eyes are drawn to the other teams surrounding their quarterback and praising him. He takes off his helmet and my heart drops to my feet.