Chapter 20:"We need to talk"

Okay, yes I know this chapter is super late, I'm sorry. Something went wrong with my internet connection and I couldn't update. So, just because I feel really bad I have decided to DOUBLE UPDATE!! Yeah!! After this chapter is another one.  Enjoy!!

 Leah's P.O.V.

The next morning I wake up in a great mood. I finally have a date with Thomas. I can't wait.

I wonder where he is taking me? Maybe the beach? Or on a picnic in the woods. But where are we going to find woods near the beach? Okay, maybe not the woods.

I am brought out of my inner ranting when my phone rings next to me on the bed. As I look at the screen my heart drops to my feet.

Dad: Hello Lees. I really need to talk to you and Alex. It's important.

Oh God.

Me: Heyy Dad ,, we will come visit as soon as I arrive. I love you so much Dad.

As I press the send button I release the breath I didn't know I was holding. I close my eyes and tilt my head back.

Oh my God. What does he want to tell us? Maybe his cancer has spread? It isn't anything good, that's for sure. Oh my God. No, be positive. Maybe his cancer has stopped spreading. Maybe he is getting better.

With a sigh I make my way to my closet to look for an outfit for my date. The time reads 8am, so I have two hours to get ready. That would be enough, right?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Two hours weren't enough. It was everything except enough. I was half way done with my hair when the door bell rang through the house.

Shit.

I'm almost done, just another second. The door bell rings again.

Fuck.

I'm about to run down the stairs and tell him I'll be done in just a few minutes when I hear the door open and Noah's voice reaches my ears.

Shit Fuck.

No, not Noah. Why did he have to answer the damn door? The second I finish my hair I run downstairs to save Thomas from Noah's questioning. When I reach the stairs I slow down, I don't want to fall. Now that would be embarrassing.

When I descend down the stairs I catch Thomas' eyes first. I smile at him and he smiles back at me. When I look down at what he is wearing, my breath gets caught in my throat. He is wearing all black. A black shirt under a black jacket paired with black pants and then (you guessed it) black sneakers. But damn he looks so good in black. 

When I'm done checking him out my eyes flicker toward where Noah is standing and I catch his eye. When our eyes meet Noah takes a sharp breath and swallows it. His eyes go wide the closer I get to the bottom. I look down toward the floor not liking the way he is looking at me. The way he looks at me, it makes me feel things I don't want to.