Chapter 16:" Just like the ocean"

Leah's P.O.V.

As those words leave Thomas' mouth my own falls open.

Thomas looks in my eyes and chuckles.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

I blink a few times before answering him," I ... I just ... I don't know."

Thomas lifts his eyebrow at my respond before stating in a serious tone," You don't think you're beautiful."

I shake my head 'no' and say chuckling," I mean I don't think I'm ugly but I'm no prize."

Thomas just stares at me before looking in front of him toward the ocean.

I actually though he was going to disagree. How stupid am I?

The sound of his voice brings me back to reality.

"You know what you remind me of?" Thomas questions still looking at the ocean. When I shake my head he looks at me and chuckles.

"The ocean." He simply states.

I really don't think I'm like the ocean, if anything I fear it.

Thomas smiles at my expression," You are just as beautiful and mysterious as the ocean. You are also a very calm and soothing person. But there are things deep inside you that are a mystery to most, if not all, people. I think you just need someone to discover those things ... deep inside. To discover those mysteries."

I just stare at him wondering how he read me like a book in just two encounters.

Thomas smiles and looks toward the ocean.

I look at his side profile and think to myself how he is able to read me so easily.

Am I that transparent? I wonder what else he knows about me. What other things he can read about me just sitting here. I wonder what he is thinking of right now.

Suddenly a huge crash is heard from behind us. And we both look back and then at each other.

We stand up quickly and walk toward where we think the noise is coming from. We walk toward where I saw Noah and Jade. Great. But when we get there no one is there.

"What the hell?" Thomas questions looking around the area.

I also look around and see nothing.

"It was probably nothing." I state.

"Yeah." Thomas says walking away as my eyes follow him.

Thomas turns around and looks at me smiling," Are you coming?"

My eyes widen for a split second before I nod.

Together we walk toward the water and as we close the distance I get more scared.

Thomas closes his eyes as the water flows over his toes and feet. I am standing a few inches away from him. Thomas notices this and looks back at me.

"You okay?"

I nod as I take a step closer.

Thomas holds out his hand for me to take. His hand is cold but I know mine also is.

When the water flows over my feet for the first time in 12 years I almost collapse.

The water feels cold and soothing on my feet. I smile and I can feel tears fall. I look to my right at a smiling Thomas. I smile back at him.

"It feels good, doesn't it?" Thomas whispers to me.

I nod with tears in my eyes.

Thomas' hand encloses mine and I feel this feeling wash over me and I feel at peace, finally.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Thanks so much for tonight. It was really fun." I state as I look down toward my bare feet.

Thomas and I spend the whole night together and we are currently standing in front of the beach house.

Thomas' fingers touch my chin as he lifts my head to look at him smiling down at me.

"It was really fun." He states looking in my eyes.

I really want to kiss him but I think it is too soon.

"I really want to kiss you but I think it is too soon." Thomas voices my thoughts as I smile up at him.

"Me too."

Thomas leans down and kisses my forehead before saying," Goodnight Leah."

With that he walks away toward the beach again. Before he fully disappears, Thomas looks back at me with a smile. And I smile back before entering the beach house. As I close the door behind me I lean on it and sigh with a huge smile on my face.

"Well, someone had a fun night." Jen states walking out from the kitchen with a smile on her face.

"I did." I state smiling.

Jen chuckles at me and walks into the living room.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Heyy there hot tea!!

This chapter was so fun to write.

Thomas is sweet.

What do you guys think?

I need you guys' opinion: If every time you look at a guy (same one) and notice he is already looking at you, what does it mean?

I'm asking for a friend,, if you were wondering.

Please remember to vote, comment, share and follow me.

Thanks for reading.