CHAPTER TEN

"HEY Kevin!" Becca called out to her friend, "Wait up dude!"

Kevin looked around wildly for whoever had called out his name, but when his eyes landed on her, he grinned.

"Hey what's up Becs?" He asked, falling into step with her.

"Nothing much, where you headed to?" She asked.

"Oh, uh actually I was headed down to where Veronica was. She asked me to be a tour guide for the new Southside students, so I humbly accepted," He replied.

"Oh," Becca deflated a bit, "Well, I better not interrupt you. Have fun, okay? And be safe, of course."

"What you're not coming?" Kevin asked as they stopped at the end of the hallway, arching an eyebrow in question.

"No," She shook her head, "I'll tell you about it later but basically my parents had a conniption and now Reggie is my new body guard."

Kevin shot her sympathetic look, "Well do you want to discuss it over a milkshake at Pop's sometime? My treat."

She laughed, "Of course it's your treat, Keller. I get an unlimited supply."

Kevin smirked, "Haha very funny Mantle. I'll see you later then?"

"Definitely," Becca smiled before he turned around and left.

Her face dropped instantly the second Kevin disappeared. She really wanted to help them but figured the best way she could do that was to stay out of their way. Becca leaned up against the lockers, opting to wait until the very last moment before she had to go to Chemistry class so as to avoid the bloodshed that was bound to come. A couple minutes before the first bell rang, she decided to risk it and try and get to her class.

That was a very bad idea though. As she came upon the foyer, her steps faltered a bit as she now saw a confrontation between Riverdale High's elite and the new Southside students starting to brew. As she shoved through the crowd, she noticed Reggie up by Cheryl, of course leading the pack against the Serpents.

"Listen up ragamuffins," Cheryl said with her usual malice, "I will not allow Riverdale High's above average GPA to suffer because of classrooms that are overcrowded with under-achievers. So please do us all a favor and find another school to deface with your hard scrap-aways."

"Why don't you come over here and say that to my face," The pink-haired chick from the drag race stepped forward, looking as if she was about to slap Cheryl's cherry red lipstick off her face.

"Happily, queen of the buskers!" The red-haired girl drew closer as did Reggie.

"Okay, guys. Everyone, can't we just put our Northside-Southside differences apart and start over? A new slate?" Archie stepped in between the two sides, trying to diffuse the bomb that was about to explode.

Of course, her brother had something to say about that.

"You don't speak for the Bulldogs, Andrews and need I remind you that these greaser snakes showed up at your place trying to kick your ass," Reggie spoke to Archie, glaring at the Serpents as if they were the scum underneath his shoes.

"Time to finish what we started," One of the Serpents stepped forward, preparing to lunge at Reggie.

Becca's eyes widened a little as she recognized the neck tattoo. It was the Serpent who had been staring at her both at Pop's and the drag race. The one who had looked at her with disgust the last time she was at the diner.

She cleared her mind, now trying to focus on getting to Chemistry without being noticed by Reggie. With her brother's attention now on the Serpents, Becca burst through the line of Northsiders and tried to get by the other Southsiders lining the hall. She walked briskly, but with purpose. However, when she reached the other side, she was met with an almost unmovable line of bodies.